Full Swing Kit launch monitor info?

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Anyone have more info or first-hand experience with the Full Swing Kit launch monitor? I'm seeing a price tag of $4,000, which seems to be around where the Bushnell Launch Pro is going to land. Just curious if there's any real-world feedback on the Kit yet.

looks like this goes on sale next tuesday 10/18, and if i read it correctly will ship the following tuesday 10/25. anyone have any info on this? seems to be radar based, and measures a ton of data points. accuracy is obviously a complete unknown. i read some chatter somewhere else that user of full swing's other setups have been less than pleased.

looks like this goes on sale next tuesday 10/18, and if i read it correctly will ship the following tuesday 10/25. anyone have any info on this? seems to be radar based, and measures a ton of data points. accuracy is obviously a complete unknown. i read some chatter somewhere else that user of full swing's other setups have been less than pleased.

We tested out Full Swing when we did the Tech Studio as an alternative to our setup. I kind of liked it for what it was. With that said, I struggled with a couple of the calculations, being a bit different than what I was used to seeing.

I've used FullSwing simulators and found them comparable to my outdoor game. The Kit is a true LM.

I believe that with Tiger's name on it, the unit WILL (strong word I know) perform well. Guys like Tiger do not want their "brand" tarnished with bad products, a trend started decades ago by Greg Norman.

If the above is true, I believe the Kit is likely to make a lot of competitors nervous, especially Foresight trying to keep people happy who just bought a GC3 at $7k.

I mean Tiger put his name on the Nike Sasquatch :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We tested out Full Swing when we did the Tech Studio as an alternative to our setup. I kind of liked it for what it was. With that said, I struggled with a couple of the calculations, being a bit different than what I was used to seeing.

What were the differences you were seeing?

I've used FullSwing simulators and found them comparable to my outdoor game. The Kit is a true LM.

I believe that with Tiger's name on it, the unit WILL (strong word I know) perform well. Guys like Tiger do not want their "brand" tarnished with bad products, a trend started decades ago by Greg Norman.

If the above is true, I believe the Kit is likely to make a lot of competitors nervous, especially Foresight trying to keep people happy who just bought a GC3 at $7k.

tiger, jday, rahm, rose, sure it's nice to see names you know talking about the product but that doesn't mean it's actually a good product. it's more telling to me when these guys are on the range with a device.

What were the differences you were seeing?
The spin numbers were a bit off for what I am used to seeing repeatedly with our regular device. Closer to Trackman in that regard for indoors, so if that works for someone, they will like it.

The spin numbers were a bit off for what I am used to seeing repeatedly with our regular device. Closer to Trackman in that regard for indoors, so if that works for someone, they will like it.
Sounds a bit like Skytrak in that regard.

I am curious what kind of functionality it will have at the base price. I am not thrilled about going radar indoors. But, the launch pro subscription model seems to put a lot of value into simulation which I don't have much interest in. So, paying $800 a year just to unlock full data and a range to watch ball flight seems too steep. On the other hand, it will be more accurate historically. So, I am still in wait and see mode. All I know, is winter is looming. And, I need to figure out something to keep me sane.

Would you say that the numbers you were seeing were pretty accurate in terms of club data? At least on par with Trackman?

tiger, jday, rahm, rose, sure it's nice to see names you know talking about the product but that doesn't mean it's actually a good product. it's more telling to me when these guys are on the range with a device.
That's the rub. Can pay someone and stamp it on the box. But, do they trust their game to it? Would speak volumes if we saw these on the range during tournament weeks.

a93a69fb-38a1-4e5d-a3fb-780b5f7112f6_text.gif

That's the rub. Can pay someone and stamp it on the box. But, do they trust their game to it? Would speak volumes if we saw these on the range during tournament weeks.

View attachment 9034173

If FS is planning on selling these based as an outdoor LM then they are not going to sell very many. 99% of golfers don’t have premium range balls and the data will be all but useless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

talked to my instructor about this today. he said another instructor at his facility bought one, and compared to trackman they don’t trust the spin, path or attack numbers.

Just saw this article on my google page about Tiger Woods using a launch monitor he helped design called the Full Swing KIT launch monitor. I don't recall hearing anything about it. Price comes in at 4k and has some cool features it seems like its app and its small enough to fit in a golf bag. Anyone have any experience with this?

Merged

It is going to be limited indoors like any radar monitor. Outdoors should be ok (I think they have some bugs to work out). I lost interest in it when they said it's primarily an outdoor monitor and in the Northern US, I was looking for a reliable indoor LM since half the year is less than desirable to swing a golf club outdoors

I know they’ve been around with simulators for a while, but I feel like this one is going to take some time and firmware updates to get their algorithms in the right place. So I would expect this to have issues for the first year or longer. I’m not sure it’s worth it just yet when you can spend a little more for a GC3 that has the benefit of years of data ensure fairly accurate numbers.

Tiger is using this on the range at Augusta today...do you think he's actually looking at the numbers? :LOL:

Back