Fun With Data: What would you pick?

:censored:

I’ll say this, I’m the polar opposite nigtmare for fitters than Dan.

We should take you and @Canadan and have you both go in and fit from random fitters across the country and just torment them with trying to fit you both. Here's the catch: Gotta be the same set of irons. Would be a great little web series. :D

:censored:

I’ll say this, I’m the polar opposite nigtmare for fitters than Dan.
Makes sense, I think I remember you liking the V1X a while back. Probably your favorite from the Titleist lineup?

The ball speed and launch angle are throwing it off. I looked it up, but all it did was confuse me because the numbers aren’t jiving. :banghead:

One thing that I wonder about is descent angle. I never really paid attention to it much until I switched to the T200's and all of sudden everything changed. @Jman what are you looking to get out of say a 6 or 7 iron as a target for descent angle? Do you even care as a critical data point? I look at the 4 different options above and I have now gotten tot he point that I compare spin and descent angle at the same time as a combo-metric.

Might have to start a different thread on this one....

One thing that I wonder about is descent angle. I never really paid attention to it much until I switched to the T200's and all of sudden everything changed. @Jman what are you looking to get out of say a 6 or 7 iron as a target for descent angle? Do you even care as a critical data point? I look at the 4 different options above and I have now gotten tot he point that I compare spin and descent angle at the same time as a combo-metric.

Might have to start a different thread on this one....
For Titleist, bare minimum descent angle they look for with 6i (at least as of 2 years ago) is 43 degrees.

Curveball. Hahaha

If I was your fitter I would love to see these same clubs with a firmer ball. I think you are over compressing this one. Plus, your launch and spin "should" increase. Both good things.

For Titleist, bare minimum descent angle they look for with 6i (at least as of 2 years ago) is 43 degrees.

For descent angle? :eek:

So is 50.6 a good average then? :D

Going to start a thread about it because I am interested in peoples thoughts.

If I was your fitter I would love to see these same clubs with a firmer ball. I think you are over compressing this one. Plus, your launch and spin "should" increase. Both good things.
Dimple pattern and aerodynamics will play a role there too.

Dimple pattern and aerodynamics will play a role there too.

Of course of course. That is why should was "should". It's a general statement hot a hard rule.

For descent angle? :eek:

So is 50.6 a good average then? :D
Wow, that’s crazy good man.

The guys at the first THP Titleist ball event with that type of descent would have been led to AVX, maybe ProV. Unless you play on a course with real firm greens

edit- @Jman sorry for the thread hijack. Curious what the irons are.

Here is an a good LPGA track man by club. Wanna be confused?D363A4EC-B3B4-46C9-8138-FF9DE09A9F88.png

I'd go with 2 or 3 based on clubhead speed and the rest of the numbers. I just feel like those two fall more in line with what I'm looking for.

The ball speed and launch angle are throwing it off. I looked it up, but all it did was confuse me because the numbers aren’t jiving. :banghead:
Sorry my averages aren’t pga tour trackman averages :p

Wow, that’s crazy good man.

The guys at the first THP Titleist ball event with that type of descent would have been led to AVX, maybe ProV. Unless you play on a course with real firm greens

Prov1 was my gamer before the Tour BX.

I’ll throw a FIFTH iron in later tonight that will break some minds. ;)

I was sitting in a drive through when I replied last so it was a little short. But #2 seemed to be the most consistent across the board so if I were going off numbers that’s what I would pick. @Jman the real question is what one was the Adams irons and what one felt the best? Bonus, you can say it was a PW.

I was sitting in a drive through when I replied last so it was a little short. But #2 seemed to be the most consistent across the board so if I were going off numbers that’s what I would pick. @Jman the real question is what one was the Adams irons and what one felt the best? Bonus, you can say it was a PW.
Adams was not present. ;)

Wasn’t a PW.

Number 3 felt best.

Adams was not present. ;)

Wasn’t a PW.

Number 3 felt best.
Looking at the data again, 3 looked really good minus the last shot. Launch angle was a little inconsistent but decent angle was still good. If 3 felt the best I’d go with it. For a guy that swings stiff shafts these must not be full sings with a 6-7 iron. If it was only one club I would figure it was that high degree hybrid you were reviewing. Kinda baffled in what club it could be honestly.

I would choose #1. The irons are pretty much the same for numbers but it seems the 1st one is really consistent for distance carry.

Number 2 seems to show the most consistent performance. That's the one I would go with.

I'm sitting here wondering if it's an 8i and people guessing 6i....just makes me giggle a little.

I present to you all, for mind breaking pleasure, Club 5

IRON5%20%28T%29-M.png

Back