Fun With Data: What would you pick?

Other than the low spin, I really like the number for Club #3. The descent angle is a bit steep, but that's likely due to the low spin.

I love that you're getting a bit of check out of the ball, particularly after carrying 171, then just a bit of a step back to 170 yards. Like I said, I feel the spin is quite low, but would suspect with your consistency that you're hitting an easy 7 iron.

I present to you all, for mind breaking pleasure, Club 5

IRON5%20%28T%29-M.png
With these numbers, it's got to be an entirely different shaft, or shaft/head combo. Same descent angle, but you're getting an average of 500rpm less spin, a higher average launch angle, more ball speed... and obviously translating into an additional 10 yards of carry.

This could easily be a different club, like moving from your 7 iron to a 6.

Hopefully you'd see the same change all the way across the board, and could easily adapt to the steroid boost.

I present to you all, for mind breaking pleasure, Club 5

IRON5%20%28T%29-M.png

That could either be a lower lofted iron from one of the other sets.

If this a new iron, the ballspeed is impressive and the angle of descent is playable.

I'm guessing Jman really knows how to account for release since I would be concerned with spin that low. Now I see why you played hybrids and utility irons, you need all the launch you can get to hold a green.

With these numbers, it's got to be an entirely different shaft, or shaft/head combo. Same descent angle, but you're getting an average of 500rpm less spin, a higher average launch angle, more ball speed... and obviously translating into an additional 10 yards of carry.

This could easily be a different club, like moving from your 7 iron to a 6.

Hopefully you'd see the same change all the way across the board, and could easily adapt to the steroid boost.
Same club number.

Of course it’s a different head/shaft combo, there are now 5 iron heads in the game.

If this a new iron, the ballspeed is impressive and the angle of descent is playable.

I'm guessing Jman really knows how to account for release since I would be concerned with spin that low. Now I see why you played hybrids and utility irons, you need all the launch you can get to hold a green.
Guys, all were different iron heads.

Same club number.

Of course it’s a different head/shaft combo, there are now 5 iron heads in the game.

That is scary low spin. If that's a 7 or 8 iron I would strongly consider adding loft to increase spin, peak height, and descent angle.

Also, those wouldn’t have issues holding. I speak from experience. Peak being above 100 feet, no issues.

And remember, I used the RX to mess with heads some more.

Goal = Make conversation with some tweaks and such to give some....interesting....samples. Goal accomplished :p

Goal = Make conversation with some tweaks and such to give some....interesting....samples. Goal accomplished :p

Definitely accomplished.

I really want to play a round with you to see how you get around a course. I know you are a solid golfer, but those numbers are interesting.

Well I fell dumb now. I was reading the numbers wrong. For some reason I was thinking ball speed was carry distance. Oops. Disregard all my posts.

Definitely accomplished.

I really want to play a round with you to see how you get around a course. I know you are a solid golfer, but those numbers are interesting.
Again, read above.

The parameters like ball used for this one were very intentionally chose to break minds.

Again, read above.

The parameters like ball used for this one were very intentionally chose to break minds.

You going to hit one again with a tour b xs and get over 1000 rpms more of spin?

Ok so I am going with #2. Primary for decent ball speed and excellent launch and spin #s. I’m guessing a 7i KZG Tri Tour. Or at the very least a 7i. While #4 and #5 give you silly ball speed #’s and #5 gets you stupid distance sub 5k spin class n a 7i is no bueno. You can counter that with the height and decent angle and know you like to try and hit the ball higher if I’m not mistaken, but gut still says #2 for you

You going to hit one again with a tour b xs and get over 1000 rpms more of spin?
Like this? Excuse the pics and quickness, ran out and hit a handful real quick. Haha

This is also iron number 5, with a higher compression and spinning golf ball (new XS).

F65F9729-5BB2-4188-ADAF-738911770362.jpeg

AD7021BB-1EF6-4AB9-A9DB-4CA127DD63F9.jpeg

Please don’t take this down that road. For real.
I don't mean for that to be the main discussion, just under the assumption iron 5 has a stronger loft. Will be interesting to see.

I was going to say, based on the data presented, that your scores would be no different in sets 1 through 4. Assuming side to side dispersion is roughly the same, which you said it is, It would come down to which one you like the feel and look of best. Descent angle is good enough on all of them to hold greens just fine. However, set number 5 is the clear winner, which makes choosing from sets 1 through 4 moot.

Like this? Excuse the pics and quickness, ran out and hit a handful real quick. Haha

This is also iron number 5, with a higher compression and spinning golf ball (new XS).

View attachment 8936401

View attachment 8936399

Would you look at that.... those are solid numbers.

I have nothing to say... definitely got the conversation going.

Between the RX and BXS you had 1.5* launch difference and 1500 rpms.

My guess is you are hitting an 8 iron. You have the ability to smash the ball. Out of the four you posted 3 would be the choice for the distance with 4 a close second.

Maybe 3? Get rid of the 1 outlier and carry distance is really steady, and descent angle is solid - going to hold greens, despite lower spin.

I would expect the launch difference. And probably the spin. I guess it would have been different if it was the RXS vs the XS. Maybe? :unsure:

And now you know how I get the ball around the course ;)

Oh, and they’re 8 irons folks.

And now you know how I get the ball around the course ;)

Oh, and they’re 8 irons folks.

Bombs. You weren't kidding about being low spinner. :D

I would expect the launch difference. And probably the spin. I guess it would have been different if it was the RXS vs the XS. Maybe? :unsure:
Would have been in the middle, based on what I’ve seen messing around here

Back