Fun With Data: What would you pick?

I don't mean for that to be the main discussion, just under the assumption iron 5 has a stronger loft. Will be interesting to see.
It does, but it also has a ton more tech and a significantly different CG.

This is a loft jack discussion free thread. ;)

Would have been in the middle, based on what I’ve seen messing around here

Just took another look at your numbers based on the fact I know its an 8i and wow, your launch angles seem low to me. Steep AoA? You must compress the hell out of hte ball.

We should take you and @Canadan and have you both go in and fit from random fitters across the country and just torment them with trying to fit you both. Here's the catch: Gotta be the same set of irons. Would be a great little web series. :D
haha that would create some serious fitter emotion.

And now you know how I get the ball around the course ;)

Oh, and they’re 8 irons folks.

That is just wow for the spin difference between you and me. Still, even with a high spin ball your 8 iron is my 7 iron for launch, spin, and ballspeed which is nuts.

I'm now curious to see the head/shaft combos used here. Guessing Apex Pro and Forged Tec were 2 of them.

I present to you all, for mind breaking pleasure, Club 5

IRON5%20%28T%29-M.png

Holy low spin Batman.

Just took another look at your numbers based on the fact I know its an 8i and wow, your launch angles seem low to me. Steep AoA? You must compress the hell out of hte ball.
Higher the swing/ball speed, the lower the launch can be typically. That said, the pics of the monitor were from 6 cold swings that I think I threw my whole body out on hahahaha

My 8i is is usually in the 17 range with the spin pictured in those last two monitor pics.

I am low spinner and typically a lower launcher though, but, if I hit 30Y peaks im happy.

So which GI iron is #5?

You should not be hitting 8 irons with that low of spin!!

haha that would create some serious fitter emotion.
They’d quit.

That said, I intentionally manipulated the data with a ball I knew I spun too low in the monitor caps, and it’s a ball that is perfect for you. Funny how different we can be eh?

I absolutely KNEW this would get chatter.

That is just wow for the spin difference between you and me. Still, even with a high spin ball your 8 iron is my 7 iron for launch, spin, and ballspeed which is nuts.

I'm now curious to see the head/shaft combos used here. Guessing Apex Pro and Forged Tec were 2 of them.

Higher the swing/ball speed, the lower the launch can be typically. That said, the pics of the monitor were from 6 cold swings that I think I threw my whole body out on hahahaha

My 8i is is usually in the 17 range with the spin pictured in those last two monitor pics.

I am low spinner and typically a lower launcher though, but, if I hit 30Y peaks im happy.

Like @M2Giles said, your 8i numbers are closer to my 6i numbers. Pretty close actually across the board except for spin and land angle. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Like @M2Giles said, your 8i numbers are closer to my 6i numbers. Pretty close actually across the board except for spin and land angle.
You should see the 6i in this set. Lmao

Keep reading the thread ;)
Guessing you saying it’s an 8. Which I saw and is just stupid low. Can you even get something longer than a 5 in the air??

That's an 8i? Dang you are low launch low spin. Good ball speed though

You should see the 6i in this set. Lmao
Well, I'm imagining 133 mph ball speed, 14* launch, 5000 spin (bxs ball), and 198 carry.

Guessing you saying it’s an 8. Which I saw and is just stupid low. Can you even get something longer than a 5 in the air??
You missed the added pictures.

I would go with Iron 2. Launches lower than Iron 1 but reaches the same peak as the others and the second highest descent angle (second by 0.1 degrees), that combined with the highest spin would be the best option for attacking greens. Also difference between longest and shortest carry distance was the best with Iron 2. Iron 3 and 4 have higher ball speed and are a tiny bit longer but who cares aslong as you know how far you hit your irons.

The only thing confusing about Iron 2 is how you manage to hit shot 6 with the least spin, the lowest descent angle and still roll it back more than some of your better shots with it.

Also i would guess its a 6 iron. (Although you said don't be a jerk about it and if it is a 6 iron its not horrible depending on what iron it is, so it might aswell be a 7 iron and ill have to be a jerk about it!)

Last edited:
I would go with Iron 2. Launches lower than Iron 1 but reaches the same peak and the second highest descent angle (second by 0.1 degrees), that combined with the highest spin would be the best option for attacking greens. Also difference between longest and shortest carry distance was the best with Iron 2. Iron 3 and 4 have higher ball speed and are a tiny bit longer but who cares aslong as you know how far you hit your irons.

The only thing confusing about Iron 2 is how you manage to hit shot 6 with the least spin, the lowest descent angle and till roll it back more than some of your better shots with it.

Also i would guess its a 6 iron.
I always disregard the second distance number

Nope, Tec 8i.

Which when not messing around to create conversation and shock, is a 6000 spin club for me.

Wow. I think I remembered you saying you added some loft to them to increase peak height.

Back