Funnel Cakes or Elephant Ears: Which is Better?

Which is better?

• Elephant Ears

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Funnel Cakes

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Huh?

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Hands down Elephant Ears over funnel cakes. Just can’t do the chocolate and toppings on them.

Don’t know what elephant ears are but I LOVE me some funnel cakes. Powdered sugar and cinnamon, YUM!

Hands down Elephant Ears over funnel cakes. Just can’t do the chocolate and toppings on them.
What kind of monster puts anything other than powdered sugar on a funnel cake?

What kind of monster puts anything other than powdered sugar on a funnel cake?
Oh my goodness my wife wants it covered in chocolate. No thank you. :D

The comparison is a bit different from what I expected. Funnel cakes vs Zeppoli is what seems to be the debate here and change from NY and north jersey to (at some point) south jersey.
The two are very similar. Both deep fried ….one a batter and one a heavier dough and both toped with powdered sugar. But very similar taste. Carnivals , amusement parks and even pizzarias in and around and near nyc we would find mostly Zeppoli's and also some the older Italian families will make them at gatherings as well yet while south jersey it changes to funnel cake and sometimes (although rare) there is both.

Funnel cakes with fruit topping, powedered sugar and whipped cream....brings back childhood memories at the annual county fair.

I was never a big fan of elephant ears, but if no funnel cakes are available, I would eat them.
The county fairs I had them at were just big rolled out pastry and deep fried, then dusted with cinnamon and sugar.

Oh funnel cake and it’s not even a debate.

Another who has only had and heard of funnel cakes. Jacqui had her very first one ever a month or so at a KC T-Bones baseball game.

Read the title and was wondering what elephant ears had to do with funnel cakes. I had no idea they were a dessert.

Im still stuck on the Zeppole's . I know they aren't in the original question but they are just far too similar to leave out....and soooooo good. But the two last pictures show them in much rarer form as more of a pastry vs much more popular and traditional first two pictures. For those unfamiliar, think almost pizza dough with crispy exterior and moist doughy interior.
1571616880310.png
1571616947392.png
1571617093114.png
1571617167088.png

Funnel cakes FTW

Never heard of those referred to as elephant ears, they are called palmiers. Funnel cake is a staple at fairs here.

Sopapilla with Honey for the Win.
These are awesome too. I am from Albuquerque and always miss getting a real sopapilla. In Texas, they dust them with sugar and cinnamon, then with honey and you eat with a fork. :dohanim:

Nothing better than tearing apart a sopapilla and having honey drip all over the place. :ROFLMAO:

These are awesome too. I am from Albuquerque and always miss getting a real sopapilla. In Texas, they dust them with sugar and cinnamon, then with honey and you eat with a fork. :dohanim:

Nothing better than tearing apart a sopapilla and having honey drip all over the place. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly. Cinnamon and sugar are for biscochitos!

Funnel cakes. Before this thread, I had no clue what elephant ears were. I thought it was in reference to the big-ass ears that I have on each side of my head.

Back