Funny golf course comments

dthogey

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know there is a thread out there like this one but I couldn't find it.

I was playing yesterday and hit my putt way past the hole, I was still away, a playing partner said, you know what USGA stands for in your case? You suck go again. That made me laugh!

Thats funny!

Worst 3 words in golf:

You’re Still Out

“With your accuracy, it’s a good thing you chose golf over darts”

Funniest comment I've ever heard was, "That's good."

"Throw your purse at it Nancy" when you leave a putt really short.

I'm know to pull the driver on every hole i can, my game is definitely hit it, find it and hit it again. Playing with my father and a friend of his, we get to the 11th hole, river left, trees right, the 2 old guys pop the ball to the middle of the fairway, I step up and jack the ball down the left... a long way down before it crosses red stakes and goes in the water. I grab my bag and trudge off down the left and from behind me I hear "the boy doesn't wear out many golf balls does he" and a laugh... i did beat them both that day.

When you leave a putt short....Hit the ball Alice. Who was Alice?

When you putt, and your partner says "Dead Sheep"....

Still ewe.

I'll get my coat.

While playing golf as a young man the commentator Peter Alliss was a great golfer. He had one of the best ball striking games there was. But he was not a very good putter and would leave putts short often. His playing partners would tell him to hit the ball Alliss….That's where that comment came from.

I was playing with a stranger I met up with. He had a terrible slice.

He told that he'd been fighting a snap fade! :unsure:

After a particularly crushed drive, "I know people who don't go that far on vacation!"

I left a putt short in a foursome last week and one of the guys I didn't know told me I "didn't hit it hard enough". The other guy who had joined our group (I was initially in a 2 ball), whom I had a good rapport with knew it was a stupid comment. From then on, it became a bit of a joke every time someone would miss a shot right/left/short/long/whatever that we'd let them know the result of their stroke. It actually became quite funny and we had a good round together. SO, a little laughter was had.

Back