Funny player/caddie exchange

ken_h

Perpetual Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
10.5 GHIN
I need someone like this caddie in my head every now and then

I saw this the other day and laughed.

I have 1000% felt like this MANY times on the course in tournaments with some of my better players. They're so fearless they are blind at times.

My gut says play smart, but then there's that voice that says I can get it over the tree with a big cut to get on... It almost never works

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So did he just go back to the fairway? What did he make?

That was great! Went back to fairway and carded a 5.

My dad has said something similar to me in the past, usually if I am trying to be cute going between trees. Then says something like "you missed a 30 yard wide fairway, what makes you think you can hit the ball between those tree ten feet apart??? Yea yea yea......

My dad, in response to me laying up on a par 5 with a 6iron, after a bad shot on the same hole the day before said: I'f you're just going to put it in the water, hit your 4w and put it in the water way down there.

I think this is the 18th at Sun City, a devil of a dog leg 4. If it is the final round, a 6 instead of 5 would be worth about $15,000, as Wu finished 16th on 2 under for $100,000 instead of 1 under which would have been 21st and $85,000.

A 6 would not have been guaranteed if he hit the tree.

The difference in caddy's cut would have been his flight out there, so he was focused!

Love the pair that caddie had on him to stand up to his player and be that firm on making him play the smart shot.

Definitely not an easy thing to do, especially when the player could have fired him on the spot.

Good caddie!
If Bones had done that on 72nd tee at Winged Foot then Mickelson would have a US Open trophy.

Back