Funny Range story...

AZRhode

Reaction score
Handicap
4.8 GHIN
So, my wife decides to get some new fancy body scrub for the house and I'm out of my cheap Dove body wash and I decide to try the wonderful "Cocunut Sugar Rub" and I have to admit, it smells nice and the little granuals make your skin feel nice, so I'm feeling dandy and all prettied up.

A while later, I pick up my son from school and we head to the driving range.

While I'm getting him set up, a random bee won't leave my alone, and I was freakin a little as I'm alergic to bees.

After I get him set up, I go to my area and was trying to hit some short wedges when I notice two bees won't leave me alone. I'm waiving them away, and they won't let up.

All of a sudden, there are 4 or 5 bees honing in on me. At this point, I'm freaking out a little and holding my club with the head in my hand and doing my best swashbuckling impression, running in circles and trying to kill the bees that won't leave me alone. Undeterred, the bees a flocking to me like I'm a giant flower.

I luckily carry bug spray in my bag and drench myself in it just to cover the nector that the bees couldn't resist.

At that point, beyond frazzled, I try to hit my balls.

My son, in child like wisdom, says to me "dad, I stayed calm and the bees left me alone."

Somehow, I think my son and my wife plotted against me with the super bee attractor body scrub. Suffice to say, I won't be using it again, and can't go back to the range for a few days because I looked like a total psycho running around like a little girl! :banghead:

So, my wife decides to get some new fancy body scrub for the house and I'm out of my cheap Dove body wash and I decide to try the wonderful "Cocunut Sugar Rub" and I have to admit, it smells nice and the little granuals make your skin feel nice, so I'm feeling dandy and all prettied up.

A while later, I pick up my son from school and we head to the driving range.

While I'm getting him set up, a random bee won't leave my alone, and I was freakin a little as I'm alergic to bees.

After I get him set up, I go to my area and was trying to hit some short wedges when I notice two bees won't leave me alone. I'm waiving them away, and they won't let up.

All of a sudden, there are 4 or 5 bees honing in on me. At this point, I'm freaking out a little and holding my club with the head in my hand and doing my best swashbuckling impression, running in circles and trying to kill the bees that won't leave me alone. Undeterred, the bees a flocking to me like I'm a giant flower.

I luckily carry bug spray in my bag and drench myself in it just to cover the nector that the bees couldn't resist.

At that point, beyond frazzled, I try to hit my balls.

My son, in child like wisdom, says to me "dad, I stayed calm and the bees left me alone."

Somehow, I think my son and my wife plotted against me with the super bee attractor body scrub. Suffice to say, I won't be using it again, and can't go back to the range for a few days because I looked like a total psycho running around like a little girl! :banghead:

That is a classic! Your son should be proud. Thanks for sharing!

Ha. That's funny.

I'd have been with you, though. I hate flying insects, especially if they can sting or bite me. My dad is deathly allergic (literally almost died after running over a nest of ground hornets once) and while I have been stung by a wasp as a child and a small sting by a bee once in high school (that did cause my finger to swell a little) I have zero interest in finding out if I would also have a bad reaction.

That is classic. This is what happens when a man gets all "prettied up" :eyepoke:

That's a great story, thanks for sharing.

last time I stayed calm I got stung 5 times on the leg by yellow-jackets

Great story, damn bees, I'm not allergic at all and they still kind of get me antsy.

Funny story, I hate anything with wings and a stinger.

Haha, good story.

last time I stayed calm I got stung 5 times on the leg by yellow-jackets

Man those things will light you up. I really hate yellowjackets.

That is classic. This is what happens when a man gets all "prettied up" :eyepoke:[/QUOTE

I told my wife I'm better off sweaty and smelly. Enough pretty stuff to last me a while!

Lol... smart boy!

I'm not allergic to bees and not particularly fearful of them. 5 or so years ago, walking down the 3rd fairway of the local track, a bee flew into my shirt. Despite my valiant attempt to strip my shirt off in less than a nano-second, the bugger got me on my right shoulder.

The reason I mention this is, like I said, not allergic and have been stung many times in the past, but 5 years later the exact spot of the sting will itch from time to time. Weird.

Back