Furniture Shopping Frustrations

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
My wife and I will be moving to a new home on April 7. We started looking around for the new furniture we will need for the living room. Inventory is very low everywhere we went. But it blows my mind when they tell me the couch will take 5-9 months to be delivered. They want 50% down with no firm date as to when I might be able to actually sit on it. A builder can construct an entire house in less than six months but it can take 9 months to make a couch? I’m not looking at some custom furniture that has to be made to my specs, this is for a model they have on the showroom floor in the standard fabric. What do people do? Sit on the floor for months? Use lawn chairs?

Check consignment shops in high end areas. We bought a table and loveseat that looked like they had never been used. Lots of people hardly ever use their formal dining room or a formal living room.

Yeah that sucks, but a lot of industries are struggling with supplies still. But there are other avenues to get some decent furniture

We moved in September 30th and hadn't looked prior. We bought from LazBoy showcase and had a 7 week wait for our couch, loveseat and recliner

I hate shopping for furniture. I find most of the people don’t know what they are talking about and the wait times are nuts.

When we were shopping in November we were told up to 16-20 weeks for some items. Our last pieces were delivered last week. Thankfully we moved a few items from our old house that we could use while we waited. Frustrating for sure and far from ideal.

Back