Future of Product Testing on THP

I came upon this forum by googling, golf reviews. I like to read post about other peoples opinion's. I have my own.
I would not be offended. I don't post. I read.
I don't know why you would feel bad. The people were chosen on your criteria. We are all adults.
Looking forward to next review. It's been a pleasure.
Thank you, for your time.

I like this post!

Hey guys, I would like to come forward and say that in the Burner 2.0 testing, I definitely slacked off. Due to unforeseen financial problems, and heavy amounts of school work, my golfing ability dwindled down to range time only (much cheaper alternative). I did receive a couple of messages from JB, and each time I responded to let him know what was going on. There were times when it took me a few days to post, but I made every effort to make a very detailed post as a way of making up for the days I missed out. I apologized to JB, GG, and asked them to apologize to TM for my rare appearances during that period. This is definitely a tough job to do if you have a lot going on. I may never be picked again, but I won't be signing up to test unless I know I will be able to handle it. In the meantime, I'll be here to do what I originally came for: to meet new golfers and have great discussions with them over everything.

I said all that to say this though. While I'm very sure that I caused frustration, JB and GG seemed to be very understanding and gave me some good advice on what to do and how to do it. If anyone is struggling with the testing, please just get in touch with them and work something out. Like JB said, they are extremely understanding, and are here to help. Thanks for reading my rambling.

nice post JR!

I came upon this forum by googling, golf reviews. I like to read post about other peoples opinion's. I have my own.
I would not be offended. I don't post. I read.
I don't know why you would feel bad. The people were chosen on your criteria. We are all adults.
Looking forward to next review. It's been a pleasure.
Thank you, for your time.

I like this post too. This is exactly how I found THP and expected no more then that.

Well JB, I am somewhat upset that you have to keep making posts in this thread. Obviously some people are not reading what is expected of them if they are chosen as testers.

Unfortunately son you are in a no win situation with this. If you leave it effectively totally open with each product and choose from the responders, you will have what you have now where some may just be on here to get free stuff and to hell with the testing. If you tighten control and have a select band of brothers to test things you will be shot down in flames by those on here who think it is their God given right to be involved.

To everyone on THP forum : NONE OF US HAVE ANY RIGHT TO TEST ANYTHING. REMEMBER THAT.

If you are on here and wish to be involved with the testing process, be man enough to do what is expected of you, but don't b*tch and moan if not chosen. After all this is not a TESTING site. It is a forum based review site that just happens to involve some of you in the process of giving feedback to the manufacturers. This is simply a bonus for anyone chosen.

I guess that the OEMs would not be too happy if you effectively sold the products to the testers, but how about doing one of two things. You could make it so that any testing of hardware(clubs,bags etc etc) was on a when done it gets returned to THP or if the tester wishes to hang on to the gear they can make what they see as a fit donation to the charity chosen by the OEM concerned. That way everyone is happy.

I for one came to this wonderful site seeking reviews on golf related stuff. Yes I was chosen to test the Vision balls (lost them all now though), and it was an honour to do that, but I couldn't care less if I never get chosen again as I didn't join for that reason in the first place. Most of the members on here are here for what this place is, a great family of like minded people ready to talk about their golf. Nothing more, nothing less. It is simply a tiny minority who seem to be p*****g people off.

Richard

Reactions: JB
I apologize in advance for asking what might be considered a dumb question, but I've not been selected to test something yet for the board so I have no idea. I was never under the impression those testers always got to keep those items they were testing unless it specifically said so during the signup? I understand some items just aren't possible or sanitary to give back, but clubs and such I always thought you had to send back to THP when you completed testing.

Maybe that's not such a bad idea to go if the current precedence is that people get to keep the equipment? All equipment is property of <insert OEM> and THP. Failure to return X item will be subject to prosecution by either or both parties?

I apologize in advance for asking what might be considered a dumb question, but I've not been selected to test something yet for the board so I have no idea. I was never under the impression those testers always got to keep those items they were testing unless it specifically said so during the signup? I understand some items just aren't possible or sanitary to give back, but clubs and such I always thought you had to send back to THP when you completed testing.

Maybe that's not such a bad idea to go if the current precedence is that people get to keep the equipment? All equipment is property of <insert OEM> and THP. Failure to return X item will be subject to prosecution by either or both parties?

The only dumb question is the one not asked. As for your idea, the same thing was being thrown around before. A lot of people said that they thought that it was okay that equipment was kept by the testers because testing is like a 2nd job and a huge commitment with a lot of work involved. If you want to look I think it's only a few pages back in this thread.

The only dumb question is the one not asked. As for your idea, the same thing was being thrown around before. A lot of people said that they thought that it was okay that equipment was kept by the testers because testing is like a 2nd job and a huge commitment with a lot of work involved. If you want to look I think it's only a few pages back in this thread.

Read that earlier today, went right out the other ear :banghead:. Thanks for the reminder.

JB - What if items were sent out for trial and then if tester wants to keep, they have the ability to purchase them through the manufacturer at a PUD like rate?

while it sounds good, I dont think it makes sense to pay a lawyer $600 an hour to go after someone for clubs that the OEM costs for the irons are $300 total

I douby anybody will be buying or getting charged for clubs. Instead, the companies that are unhappy will just not do it again. Simple as that. They also might take a moment of thought before sending a box of new gear our way for Demo Day or sponsoring the MC>

492-terminator-like-this-thread-it-just-wont-die.jpg

I like that everyone is giving ideas but I think JB & GG have thought of them all. It comes down to this is a business. They need to make business decisions. They need to be able to trust anyone they are sending clubs to. It hurts their reputation with the OEM's if some idiots run off with the equipment. I hate that some greedy douche's are going to be responsible for an OEM possibly not sending gear to the demo day or thinking of sponsoring a future MC. If it were my business I know what I would do. JB & GG will come up with something and I just hope that everyone supports them and sticks around. This is a great place with or without forum testing.

I douby anybody will be buying or getting charged for clubs. Instead, the companies that are unhappy will just not do it again. Simple as that. They also might take a moment of thought before sending a box of new gear our way for Demo Day or sponsoring the MC>

Highly possible. I'm just trying to think of ways that make the companies happy, keep us happy, and try and keep JB/GG happy and not getting earfuls from companies. If they wanted to sue them, the big companies already have lawyers on their payroll so it's not a big deal for them. THP has the right to pursue charges. I would think they would avoid it to keep their costs down, but that would be up to them. Or hey, just drop a line to the police that X person has in their possession stolen items from X company. There are a lot of ways to go about it. Sucks that these pondering things have to come up, but what can you do?

Read that earlier today, went right out the other ear :banghead:. Thanks for the reminder.

JB - What if items were sent out for trial and then if tester wants to keep, they have the ability to purchase them through the manufacturer at a PUD like rate?

We are not a store, nor a middle man and we dont deal with purchases.

We are not a store, nor a middle man and we dont deal with purchases.

I have an idea, re-write your entire business module for slackers and selfish people

i personally don't see the issue and think the current set-up is great!!!

to give "us" the oppertunity to test and give feedback on new club releases and the like is fantastic and an added bonus that at the end of it you keep the item(s) on test.

i don't understand why people complain that they never get picked because there are that many regular thp'ers and that's the way it should be.the next time it may be you!!!

great forum and keep up the great work!!!

to give "us" the oppertunity to test and give feedback on new club releases and the like is fantastic and an added bonus that at the end of it you keep the item(s) on test.

i don't understand why people complain that they never get picked because there are that many regular thp'ers and that's the way it should be.the next time it may be you!!!

You may have skimmed the last few pages...

There is an issue obviously.

You may have skimmed the last few pages...

There is an issue obviously.

Its a big issue IMO, especially when it affects everybody on the forum from having some bad apples be thief's. I know its not you and GG's fault you cant help it.

I agree, i have no idea why people whine and moan about not being picked. Its a bonus JB does this for us. He doesn't have too. And its sad a selected few people are wrecking this for us who care about THP. Although it is good too find out who the bad apples are and get rid of them.

I agree, i have no idea why people whine and moan about not being picked. Its a bonus JB does this for us. He doesn't have too. And its sad a selected few people are wrecking this for us who care about THP. Although it is good too find out who the bad apples are and get rid of them.

Not the issue that caused the rebirth of this thread.

Not the issue that caused the rebirth of this thread.

Its not?

Ok, the bolded part is.

As a well established homer, I reserve the right to only see a part of the whole. And only the part that I want to see.

It's sad to see this thread again. THP is being more than reasonable IMO. They understand that things come up but when they do you need to communicate that to them. When you're given a great opportunity like this and then just disappear without a word. There's a problem. When THP tries to contact you and there's still no response, something is not right.

it is a commitment, and I wonder if some THPers are signing up without thinking carefully about how much time they can realistically devote to it.

This is the exact reason I haven't thrown my name into the hat for any testing. Based on my activity level, I probably wouldn't even qualify but that's not why I don't volunteer. I know I don't have the time to do it right so I don't. Maybe that will change in the future. But right now I don't have the time and I don't want to do a disservice to THP.

Testing isn't just for the testers. It's also an opportunity for the THP members to read reviews of equipment and make informed decisions on equipment they may contemplate purchasing. The reviews we read in golf magazines are very short and rather incomplete, the reviews we read on THP are from multiple testers, representing a variety of handicaps, and are in-depth. This in invaluable feedback.

+1

I love reading the review threads. I don't always get to keep up with them in timely manner but I do go back and read them. I read the seemore thread top to bottom and purchased a seemore putter because of that thread. I'm considering a similar product because of the SCOR thread. I have a bag full of E6's because of Hawk's review.

The information that comes out of these reviews is absolutely amazing.

Sometimes what kinda gets me is a lot of people get upset when they feel testers aren't living up to their duties but at the same time how often are they even posting in those threads and showing support for the testing? No question is a dumb one and any feedback they may have is invaluable to those threads. You can never know enough and I learn something new each time I go into a new thread or even revisit an old one.

While I understand your point, I'm not sure that's the whole story. I won't deny that my activity level in general leaves a lot to be desired but that is what it is. While I might not be that active in the review threads, as I said above, I love reading them. Why shouldn't I be allowed to be upset when people are taking advantage of the amazing opportunities that THP is offering?

Listen up out there ....

Forum 'members' HAVE NO RIGHTS. PERIOD

THP is not a publicly held company, and you have NO SHARES in the company = YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS

What's FAIR ? WHATEVER the "OWNERS' DECIDE, that's what's fair.

What do you pay to be here ?

What do you pay to read the posts here ?

What do you pay in order to post here ?

How the 'Tester Selection Process' is conducted is determined by 'THE OWNERS'

WHO gets 'SELECTED' is decided by the 'OWNERS'

This is how it IS, this is HOW IT SHOULD BE !

When you (and I INCLUDE MYSELF in all of this) start paying the bills around here then you MIGHT have some grounds for discussing those points.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS, stop bitchin and whining

Those of you who have requested and then 'SELECTED' to be a 'tester', entered into an agreement with THP and you COMMITTED to deliver something to the 'OWNERS' in return.

BE a MAN/WOMAN about it, STEP up to your RESPONSIBILITY and honor your COMMITMENT :eyepoke:

If you can not honor your commitment (for WHATEVER THE REASON), CONTACT the OWNERs and relinquish the products back to the 'OWNERS' so that they can continue to successfully conduct their business and maintain good relations with the sponsors who provide products to THP for testing.

That is all, I now return you to your regularly scheduled program

If this post should be deleted, make it so. I just wanted to express myself on the matter.

There's a LOT of posts in this thread that I agree with, and a lot that I don't, I accept that.

not enough smilies.. :confused2:

Back