FYI: Nike Golf's New Website is Up

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Just received an email on this. Hopefully it's more user friendly than the last version.

Nike Golf - Homepage

Oh dear. At first blush, it's worse.

The took the worst aspects of the previous golf site and the Nike online store and mushed them together. Hard to navigate, visually unappealing, slow loading, and far to much Flash. It's taking 30 seconds or more for each new click (new page, pop out, enlarge, etc.) to load.

EDIT: Uhhhh, make that 60 seconds or more. I hope this is just first day kinks.

The took the worst aspects of the previous golf site and the Nike online store and mushed them together. Hard to navigate, visually unappealing, slow loading, and far to much Flash. It's taking 30 seconds or more for each new click (new page, pop out, enlarge, etc.) to load.

That was my thought as well, it took so long for the homepage to load I was about to close it.

Yeah I was about to state they need either a better connection or more memory. Wth! Taking FOREVER to see the hats. But the wait reveals that Tigers hats are ONLY $22!

Made the mistake of clicking on one of the hats...............................still loading...................................still loading..................

:deadhorse:

I tried in both FF and IE and stuff just isn't loading. I wanted to look at some pants and shorts, and after several attempts, I just closed the browser.

When will companies finally figure out that Flash is to be used sparingly, not for an entire website?

I gave up too. When I clicked on anything it never fully loaded. Flash blows when its pretty much the whole site.

Nike needs to send the golf site back to the oven, it aint done!

Wow, what a major fail.
Flash is best used in moderation, Nike.

That's why I play Titleist. :)

ugh...it's even crashing my work pc. :banghead:

Nike needs to send the golf site back to the oven, it aint done!

Wow, what a major fail.
Flash is best used in moderation, Nike.

What I don't understand is why they would send out a mass email about the site? Didn't anyone try to use it first?!?!

Kevin, that is the perfect description.

And this one is worse. PING did the same thing with their last website. Entirely flash based, slow as heck, and hard to navigate.

Hmmmm, that gives me an idea for a new thread:
Golf Company Websites - Best in Class? - The Hackers Paradise

Excellent idea for a new thread!

And I was curious about the speed here at work, so I did a speedtest.net test with these results. The second one is a little curious but here it is

Download: 131 mb/s
Upload: 201 mb/s

Yes, 201 lol. Oh Im in a comcast data center too. That might have some affect.

What I don't understand is why they would send out a mass email about the site? Didn't anyone try to use it first?!?!

It does beg the question. Is Nike Golf THAT big now that everyone was waiting for the new site to go up and its bogged down now? I dunno

I'm running Safari and no crashes but the site is extremely slow. Either it's bogged down from all the users or they're clogging it up with all info. I'm not overly impressed though.

It loads for me at a reasonable speed. I am at work where normally the internet is terribly slow. So maybe some first time bugs. I mean it is slow, but not TaylorMade slow.

Overall, I like it. I would rank it an improvement over the old version.

Looks like it is up and running smooth. Probably got hit hard with the mass email or something. Much better site.

Back