G-Mac Joins team Srixon

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems once again, THP is right on the money. Here is the official release!

Graeme McDowell, the 2010 U.S. Open champion, has joined Srixon ® as a member of their PGA Tour staff. McDowell, who is also a six-time winner on the European Tour, will play Srixon ® irons, Cleveland ® wedges and Srixon ® balls. He will also wear a Srixon ® hat and glove and carry a Srixon ® bag.

“We are extremely pleased to have Graeme as a member of our PGA Tour staff,” said Greg Hopkins , CEO of Cleveland ® Golf/Srixon ® . “Having a world class player such as G·Mac choose to make the switch to Srixon, especially following such a successful 2010 season, not only says a lot about the faith he has in our products but also reflects as to the type of competitor and representative he’ll be for our brands.”

McDowell, who is also known as G·Mac, represented Ireland in the 2009 World Cup and was a 2010 Ryder Cup hero for Europe, scoring the decisive point in Europe’s dramatic victory over the United States. G·Mac was also voted 2010 Player of the Year by the Golf Writers Association of America and joint 2010 Player of the Year on the European Tour.

“I am really excited about my decision to sign with Srixon,” said McDowell. “There is a great energy amongst the team at Srixon regarding my signing with them and I am looking forward to feeding off this energy going into 2011.”

Before turning professional, McDowell had a successful amateur career in both Ireland and the United States , where he won numerous tournaments and was named the most outstanding collegiate golfer in 2002.

Interesting, that leaves driver, and woods wide open for him, wonder what he will play.

Yep, you posted it here weeks ago JB, nice job.

I wonder if his staff bag will be as nice looking as JB's.

I'm betting in March it is the new Srixon Z Star driver.

• Admin
I want to thank all of those "media" members that called us out saying it was not true. Thank you Dave Dusek and Lawrence Donegan for saying our information is false.

Im so glad to see this official! Great work THP. I love it!

I want to thank all of those "media" members that called us out saying it was not true. Thank you Dave Dusek and Lawrence Donegan for saying our information is false.

BURNED!!!

They will come up with a spin in an attempt to make themselves look better. LOL at them.

Move over TMZ, here comes THP!

I'm glad G-Mac's happy...and I KNOW these guys are pro's but after the year he's had...switching clubs?

I wouldn't touch that bag!

They will come up with a spin in an attempt to make themselves look better. LOL at them.

Of course they will. They always do. They got beat to the news AGAIN (just like Camilo) and will spin it somehow. THat is why the power of twitter is so nice sometimes, all of our followers can point it out to them as well. Our news was DEAD ON all the way down to what clubs he would have in the bag.

Another example of why I get my golf news from THP. :clapp:

It is like SeeMoreGuy says in his sig, "What is discussed here becomes news everywhere."

thats hilarious!!!

Haha, I retweeted the news to Lawrence just in case he missed it! Couldn't find Dave to let him know though. I hate searching through the Iphone apps. Kudos again JB. I was extremely happy to see your news confirmed. You all do your research and make sure to provide us with accurate information the right way. I love THP's integrity.

gmac and timmy clark! srixon's got a thing for little stubby beer bellied dudes.

Don't want to distract too much from this thread, but someone is a little grumpy this morning.

lawrencedonegan
@marcawesome I remember now....the crummy little website that doesnt report properly and throws around wild accusations about journalists..

The THP staff will take the high road here Im sure, but its the soldiers in the THP army that can really ruin this guys day.

Don't want to distract too much from this thread, but someone is a little grumpy this morning.

well, that poor bastard's getting it now!

The THP staff will take the high road here Im sure, but its the soldiers in the THP army that can really ruin this guys day.

We will, but we thank in advance everybody that decides to show the guy who was right and who was wrong. We never called anybody out and he and his friend Mr. Dusek (that I had a ton of respect for) decided to call our news false. Well lookie here.

Lol. He just seems so angry. I'm really not trying to be a jerk. I'm stoked to see how this works out for G Mac. Maybe even a Mashie??????

Yeah. I'm going to try too. Again I just can't get over why someone would just say, "Yup I was wrong, kudos to THP".

Sorry for thread jacking or causing a stir mods!!!

Back