G-Mac Joins team Srixon

Lol. He just seems so angry. I'm really not trying to be a jerk. I'm stoked to see how this works out for G Mac. Maybe even a Mashie??????

Yeah. I'm going to try too. Again I just can't get over why someone would just say, "Yup I was wrong, kudos to THP".

Sorry for thread jacking or causing a stir mods!!!

Same reason they couldnt with Camilo and never gave any credit. The two of them I have always had a ton of respect for, but quickly lost it over that. Saying our news was false all the way down to saying he was never going to switch irons. Well what do you know.

We will, but we thank in advance everybody that decides to show the guy who was right and who was wrong. We never called anybody out and he and his friend Mr. Dusek (that I had a ton of respect for) decided to call our news false. Well lookie here.

it's cool dude, the one fella, lawrence, is hostile smurf. i had to lay a little FUFLTC on him. maybe he and i can cyber fight.

I have yet to sign up for Twitter, but with the Yoccos/Donegan/Dusek battle of words it may be time to sign up

Im sure that IF(thats a big if) something were to be reported on THP, and it turned out to be inconclusive, there would not be any of this nonsense. But you guys take pride in what you release so it would have to be something major to skew that
We will, but we thank in advance everybody that decides to show the guy who was right and who was wrong. We never called anybody out and he and his friend Mr. Dusek (that I had a ton of respect for) decided to call our news false. Well lookie here.

We will hear it come back and say that "We all expected it, but when that site reported it, it was not fact."

NOT TRUE! It was fact and we would never report something as fact if it was not. We will always give credit where it is due and ask our forum members to do the same thing to any writer out there that uses info. I think some of these "media" members could learn a lot from that.

Lol. He is really angry.
it's cool dude, the one fella, lawrence, is hostile smurf. i had to lay a little FUFLTC on him. maybe he and i can cyber fight.

It's aggrevating and I really applaud you guys for taking the high rode in all of this. I'm outside looking in aggrevated, I can't imagine what it's like for you.

People like LD just really bug me. Especially when they start to get personal.
Same reason they couldnt with Camilo and never gave any credit. The two of them I have always had a ton of respect for, but quickly lost it over that. Saying our news was false all the way down to saying he was never going to switch irons. Well what do you know.

We will hear it come back and say that "We all expected it, but when that site reported it, it was not fact."

NOT TRUE! It was fact and we would never report something as fact if it was not. We will always give credit where it is due and ask our forum members to do the same thing to any writer out there that uses info. I think some of these "media" members could learn a lot from that.

Well good on ya THP.

Hard to think(not really) that you guys made a mom n pop forum into a wickedly awesome heavy hitter in the industry journalism market. One guys backed by Guardian and the other by GOLF.com, and the pair of them cant scrounge together half the class that is portrayed here.

Frig I love this place

well, he now knows that he was wrong. we've got him baited for sure. hopefully he gives credit where credit is due. that's all one can expect.

Well good on ya THP.

Hard to think(not really) that you guys made a mom n pop forum into a wickedly awesome heavy hitter in the industry journalism market. One guys backed by Guardian and the other by GOLF.com, and the pair of them cant scrounge together half the class that is portrayed here.

Frig I love this place

Perhaps that should be conveyed to the two of them. :alien:

I told @lawrencedonegan that emotive loading is not professional. Looking back, I don't even know why I bothered, it will just bring him more attention.

All of the drama aside, I wonder the actual impact this has for Srixon/Cleveland in the world outside of golf forums? McDowell is not a big public name. He's definitely not an unknown anymore, but this doesn't do anything to make up the loss of Furyk. I know he's a PGA Tour card holder, but he's going to play 15 to 17 US tournaments? I'm guessing this was a nice signing for them in the Euro market, but what's the impact here?

Furyks on the way out, Gmacs on the way in.
All of the drama aside, I wonder the actual impact this has for Srixon/Cleveland in the world outside of golf forums? McDowell is not a big public name. He's definitely not an unknown anymore, but this doesn't do anything to make up the loss of Furyk. I know he's a PGA Tour card holder, but he's going to play 15 to 17 US tournaments? I'm guessing this was a nice signing for them in the Euro market, but what's the impact here?

Imo, Gmac has TONS more to offer in terms of personality and being likeable.

and Gmac is playing full time on the PGA tour this year.

I think its the other way around. Furyk while a bigger name in the past, is not on the same stage as a guy that just beat TW head to head and played that well at the Ryder Cup. But charisma is a huge thing and G-mac has what many do not in the world of golf.

Well, Dusek has said that THP was right after all, but Donegan sure is a jerk. "Crummy little website", please! There's a reason all the golf companies come here to have their equipment tested.

To be clear- Dusek said the info was right, but never owned up to calling it (or THP) wrong. Just reporting it as if he was the first one to find it and never doubted its truth.

I think this is HUGE for Srixon because GMac has a lot more personality than Furyk- and personality sells products. I have to believe that GMac would not make this switch if he wasnt 100% comfortable with being able to perform on the same level as with Callaway. That, in and of itself, is a HUGE marketing point. If he goes on to have another great year he could become one of the highest profile golfers in the world. HUGE change from Jim (even though I love the guy)

It wasnt a super-literal comment. But Gmac has a longer lifespan right now, and appears to be playing with the same ability that furyk is.
He's on the way out? He just won the FedEx cup and Player of the Year.

Can someone show me where Dusek said anything about THP? I mean the guy said "According to my sources, you (meaning donegan) are correct, no deal has been done".

At this point, I have moved past all of it. Certain writers just seem angry. I would never think about using news from Golf.com or any place else and not giving them credit, nor do I think he would. Instead they say "internet rumors have been confirmed". THat way they dont look bad for getting scooped I guess. We saw the same thing with Camilo, and did not expect anything different. The only difference between G-Mac is these two writers said "THP info is false". Which clearly it was not.

Can someone show me where Dusek said anything about THP? I mean the guy said "According to my sources, you (meaning donegan) are correct, no deal has been done"

I havent seen anything where dusek went back on what he said in the first place.

My apologies, I thought SethO was retweeting Dusek saying THP was correct. I'm still getting used to the way Tweetcaster does retweets on my droid. It's different than UberTwitter.

Well, the fact of the matter is that big players in the industry feel threatend when a smaller one is doing a better job than they are. Thus, they try to discredit said smaller player. If smaller player wins, big player acts like nothing ever happened. If big player wins, they ridicule small guy. Vicious fact of life, and quite simply, THP just has to continue winning.

Well done THP, this is awesome.

That Lawrence Donegan guy sure is an angry little scab.

My apologies, I thought SethO was retweeting Dusek saying THP was correct. I'm still getting used to the way Tweetcaster does retweets on my droid. It's different than UberTwitter.

Whoopse! I didn't mean to make that look like a tweet, I was just refering to his twitter name. My bad bro.

Back