G-Mac Joins team Srixon

167701_493935162629_117234942629_5885950_8060996_n.jpg

Whoopse! I didn't mean to make that look like a tweet, I was just refering to his twitter name. My bad bro.

Not your fault. Im still learning how Tweetcaster works. Ubertwitter was much better.

Is that a Mashie????????????????????????????

As long as he still rocks the cardigan, I'm happy! This is good for Srixon/Cleveland. I want to see the shaft he is using in his driver (will he stick with what he has had, or more to a Miyazaki or something else).

Nice move by Srixon, GMac is a very personable guy and can only help

Is that a Mashie????????????????????????????

I think it is! I do know that he was playing Adams Idea Pro Gold Hybrids at the US Open.

It is definitely a Mashie headcover, but that doesn't always mean much as far as pro bags go.

That's awesome.

Funny I'm now really rooting for this guy haha.

I think it is! I do know that he was playing Adams Idea Pro Gold Hybrids at the US Open.

I had to comment on the picture on Srixon's facebook page.

Untitled-1.png

I think the outfit looks Furyk-y

Ugh, the ignorance on FB just kills me sometimes. Had to leave a comment.

Ugh, the ignorance on FB just kills me sometimes. Had to leave a comment.

I left a comment saying your comment was correct. I also said that I got the info from THP.

JB, can you elighten us on these deals. Could he have intentionally not signed for Driver/FW/Hybrid to leave room for contract extension after a couple of good finsihes? Is it standard to use your brands headcover, (example Srixon), on a different companies club? Do we know for sure he's still using the FT Tour or could he realy have a Z-Star driver under there?

JB, can you elighten us on these deals. Could he have intentionally not signed for Driver/FW/Hybrid to leave room for contract extension after a couple of good finsihes? Is it standard to use your brands headcover, (example Srixon), on a different companies club? Do we know for sure he's still using the FT Tour or could he realy have a Z-Star driver under there?

Well I can try and answer this. VERY few golfers have 14 club deals. VERY FEW. Some have just 1 club and a staff bag and hat, others have 11 clubs, etc...No, most players do not then come back and sign for more to use more clubs. The contracts are pretty laid out up front. As for what I know is in his bag, I will know tomorrow after the 1st survey comes out for sure. But what we reported initially are the right details. His driver has bounced around a little bit, but if I remember correctly he was using an older FT-3 driver from Callaway off and on. His hybrids have been Adams for a while now. I know he has been testing Miyazaki shafts and Mashies though recently.

Nice, you guys are like the diehard Stern fans and the random "BabaBooey" you get popping up everywhere. I love it, you guys make me laugh.

lol great analogy biggsy!

Nice, you guys are like the diehard Stern fans and the random "BabaBooey" you get popping up everywhere. I love it, you guys make me laugh.

Bababooey .. . . . lol

I absolutely love how THPers hijacked that picture's comments.

Great scoop again from THP. Don't think I won't be reminding those Twitter doubters from over here about the accuracy of yet another story from THP! :D

Straight from the horse's mouth -

No change on Callaway FT Tour driver, Odyssey #7 putter and Adams hybrids. Still got the old faithfuls in the bag. Bag set up looks great

Gmac also went on to explain his decision a bit more. This is from weiunderpar (mods please remove if inappropriate)

I believe in Srixon, a company I’ve had a relationship with for many years. I played Cleveland stuff in college. I had a good relationship with a guy there called Mike Dunfey, who was the ex-coach of UAB, and I’ve continued to have a great relationship with him over my professional career. My Callaway contract was up, and you know, it just so happened that I just happened to get in contact with a guy at Cleveland/Srixon.

Of course I’ve had a great few years with Callaway but they have been great with me. I’ve had a great relationship with them and I’ve maintained a great relationship with them going forward. But sometimes things come to end and I feel really good about the start of a new era with some fresh energy coming at me from some new guys.

And the golf ball is probably one of the things that attracted me most, the Srixon ball is pretty impressive. I was messing around with it at the end of last season and I realized I felt like it was a golf ball I could get to the next level with.

Like I say it’s a company with a lot of energy, a lot of enthusiasm and I company that will have me as one of their top players, and allowing me to be a big part of their research, development and club development going forward. It’s got a lot of positives. I’m sure people are scratching their head but like I say, things change and I always like to have some good energy coming up.

Interesting read, paulo.

Slight tangent here, but Jaco Van Zyl is playing a yellow Z-Star this week in the African Open.

Back