Gambling On The Course - Groups Of Three

vthokies20

Reaction score
Handicap
4.8 GHIN
Just wanted to see you thoughts about bets in a threesome. One of the games I always turn to is the 9's game.

For those of you who don't know, the 9's game consits of 9 possible points on each hole (handicaps enforced).

• For a three-way tie, 3 points are awarded to each golfer.
  • With all different scores, low ball receives 5 points, high ball receives 1 point, middle receives 3 points.
  • Low ball ties are awarded 3.5 points and high ball receives 2 points.
  • High ball ties are awarded 2.5 points each and low ball receives 4 points.

You can put a different dollar amount (25 cents per point, $1 per point, etc.) or $5, $10, $20, etc. per player, losers pay winner.

Would love to hear other thoughts about 3-man games as well!

sounds like we need a new challenge coin!

I dig the game. I play in quite a bit of threesomes with no-shows in my league, I wonder if I can get anyone to buy in for $1 point?

Just wanted to see you thoughts about bets in a threesome. One of the games I always turn to is the 9's game.

For those of you who don't know, the 9's game consits of 9 possible points on each hole (handicaps enforced).

• With all different scores, low ball receives 5 points, high ball receives 1 point, middle receives 3 points.

You can put a different dollar amount (25 cents per point, $1 per point, etc.) or $5, $10, $20, etc. per player, losers pay winner.

That's exactly how we play as a 3.

I play the same game except Low ball ties get 4 pts and high ball gets 1.
Then High ball ties get 2 and low ball gets 5.

If you're having a bad day, this game could get expensive at anything over $1 per point!

9'point, then have a Nassau with each individual, then add a medal point to the mix. And then we added banker. Semi like wolf. Banker tees last. First guy hits and if he likes it, he can 2x, 3x, 4x then bet before his ball lands. If he 4x, the the banker, when he hits can 4x him back if he wants. Second guy ds the same thing and then banker hits. Banker plays indivudals so he can win/win, lose, lose , tie, win, etc.
If he wins both, he's banker again. If split then rotate banker. That's enough action.

9'point, then have a Nassau with each individual, then add a medal point to the mix. And then we added banker. Semi like wolf. Banker tees last. First guy hits and if he likes it, he can 2x, 3x, 4x then bet before his ball lands. If he 4x, the the banker, when he hits can 4x him back if he wants. Second guy ds the same thing and then banker hits. Banker plays indivudals so he can win/win, lose, lose , tie, win, etc.
If he wins both, he's banker again. If split then rotate banker. That's enough action.
I wish I had any idea what that even means lol

We mostly play four ball, and we always have a Nassau and a medal bet. Last week, only 3 of us so we did individual Nassau bets, standard medal bet, as in shoot the low score and get 10 rublei from the other 2, played the 9 point game, and then added this banker game, which is simply another excuse to gamble or in this case one more post closer to getting 10 posts so I can list my RBz tour irons with DGSL 300 stiffs.

I love 9s, great game.

Bingo, bango, bongo can played with three.

I feel so cheated now. We usually just do skins, greenies, and the nassau when a threesome. Hoping they'll consider 9 point. I think dtak 84's scoring will be easier for them to understand at first.

Talk about having to pay attention!! Sounds like a possibility, thanks for the post Buck.

Wolf is my favorite.

You can put a different dollar amount (25 cents per point, $1 per point, is game almost every.) or $5, $10, $20, etc. per player, losers pay winner.

Play this almost every sunday. We add Junk for a 2 extra points for Greenies, sandies, birdies. Also we dont award points if all tie. carry and double points next hole. Also we play double points on 9 & 18. We also have seperate 3 hole matches for $2 each against each palyer. only thing is you don't want to be the scorekeeper.

sounds like we need a new challenge coin!

haha I gave the 9s game a run... the design lacked the awesomeness necessary to turn it into a coin.

THP9coin.jpg

haha I gave the 9s game a run... the design lacked the awesomeness necessary to turn it into a coin.

THP9coin.jpg
I would buy that coin

Might have to try this game soon

Thanks for the input, everyone. Love the coin Canadan!

Back