YetiLooper

Reaction score
Handicap
Was out in the garage and came across my old Acushnet Bullseye putter that I gamed for a solid 15 years or so. Putted around with it on the carpet, and while it felt good still it's not unseating my Anser. Is anyone gaming a bullseye still?

I own one that was my Dad's, but never really gamed it much. Corey Pavin still does at times, but even he used a Cameron last weekend.

Not in the last 35 years

I've gamed a Scotty Cameron Bulls Eye Platinum Blade putter for the last 3 years. For me, nothing comes even close to a Bullseye or an 8802 style putter. I love the simplicity and feel of these putters and it always let's me know how I'm striking the ball. My personal belief is the putter is the one club where 100% feedback is required. It's so important to put a good strike on the ball if you want to putt well.

I used a Bullseye Flange from 7th grade until I was about 28 years old. I was an AWESOME putter if I do say so myself! For the past couple of years, I've struggled with putting for the first time in my life.

I tried to go back to the Bullseye to recapture the glory days, and while it felt great, I still struggled. If your stroke is pure, the Bullseye does reward you; I just think technology has advanced to the point where you make more putts now, even if the stroke is slightly off.

I'm putting around with mine at the office today. I honestly think there is something to be said fro the simplicity, but if you are a person that doesn't have a smooth repeatable stroke it's not going to help much. The 8802 is still my dream putter even though I've never owned one.

I play in a regular foursome in which two of them game a Bullseye.One of them can out put me every day.

Titleist bullseye flange it's a wonderful feeling putter ... I haven't played it lately since I been playing a Ping lil b cut down the 32" it's far more forgiving

Doesn't Lefty still use one?

Doesn't Lefty still use one?

Not that I've seen in a long time. He used an odyssey #9 last week and before that he used an odyssey #8 for a while if I remember correctly.

When I first started playing golf in the late '90s, one of the first putters I owned was a Bullseye and I believe that the reason why Im such a good putter in because of that Bullseye. It doesnt offer you any help, so it forged you to have a proper stroke and hit the center of the face.
I have one that I still use every now and then for practice and I feel that it helps a lot. If you can putt with a Bullseye, you can putt with anything.

I used mine up until just 2 or 3 years ago. I agree with the simplicity, it is just a really smooth putter. Though I love my Odyssey!

I borrowed one at Harding Park and one putted the first 4 holes.

I have an old wide flange that I keep in a spare bag. My father in law always ends up going back to a bullseye when his sabertooth starts giving him trouble.

Back