Game Golf - THP List

I love my GG Live. Recommendations:
Lastly, varsity level stuff... if you can, track your last putt distances, I’d recommend that. I’d mark a last putt distance on my card for every hole. Then, during post round editing, you can adjust the pin location to at least the correct final putt distances. I didn’t do this for months and the GG guesses on the pin location, which is usually close-ish. It was throwing off my putting recommendations and putt stats. Just a technique.

Great tip. I need to start doing that.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I used it for yesterday's round and forgot quite a few tags, but it picked up a couple that had a ? For the club, pretty easy to fix.

The adjusting of the putt distances was a pain in the ass, the little flag kept jumping off the green. Any ideas how/why to adjust approx putt distances?

I love my GG Live. Recommendations:

Power it up about 5 min before you tee off.
Pair it to your phone, if you want. You can play un-paired with no phone too.
Clip it to your trail hip belt.
If you miss a tag, don’t worry. Post game edits are pretty easy (and kinda fun).
After your round, if you’re paired to a phone, ‘end round’ in the app and if the unit is done downloading shot locations it will power itself off. Sometimes you might have to wait for this process.

Lastly, varsity level stuff... if you can, track your last putt distances, I’d recommend that. I’d mark a last putt distance on my card for every hole. Then, during post round editing, you can adjust the pin location to at least the correct final putt distances. I didn’t do this for months and the GG guesses on the pin location, which is usually close-ish. It was throwing off my putting recommendations and putt stats. Just a technique.

Great suggestion! I know putting is my weakness and it was horrible yesterday (39 blegh) but on a wet bumpy plinko green.

I kept it paired to my phone and my battery was nearly dead by the end, will have to remember a portable charger

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I last used the app on my i-phone a couple years ago and just reset it to my current bag of clubs. I do not have the physical tags nor belt pinger device, just the app so far.

I see one for sale locally, says it is the Game Golf Live version and I’m curious if anyone is still using the Live version with the belt mounted module? I do recall that it was a bit of an annoyance to wake up the phone screen for each shot, but not having the physical devices I don’t know how much of a hassle it is to end each hole before going to the next tee. I’m not sure if I want to go this route so I’ll head off to youtube to look for live action reviews. I do know that I want to dial in my shot distances with each club this year, but I don’t want to try and range-find each shot during a round of play to do so.

Also, is there an easy way to identify the difference between the Live and previous version of the belt module?

I last used the app on my i-phone a couple years ago and just reset it to my current bag of clubs. I do not have the physical tags nor belt pinger device, just the app so far.

I see one for sale locally, says it is the Game Golf Live version and I’m curious if anyone is still using the Live version with the belt mounted module? I do recall that it was a bit of an annoyance to wake up the phone screen for each shot, but not having the physical devices I don’t know how much of a hassle it is to end each hole before going to the next tee. I’m not sure if I want to go this route so I’ll head off to youtube to look for live action reviews. I do know that I want to dial in my shot distances with each club this year, but I don’t want to try and range-find each shot during a round of play to do so.

Also, is there an easy way to identify the difference between the Live and previous version of the belt module?

I didnt have the live version but they do have a game golf pro out now that doesnt involve "tapping" that some people have tried out.

Live is solid red in colour and classic has a darker coloured band round the middle the live and classic are great devices and it will take some time to build up the data but as game improvement they do work, I'm currently using g pro and its been pretty good not without some issues like many other non tapping brands but a great device nevertheless,

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I pulled out and have been using my original Game Golf since coming back from #TheGrandaddy. I don’t think the yardages are very accurate. I lazered a back pin on a par 3 @ 162 yards. My 6i finished just past center of the green but Game Golf said I only hit that 6i 141 yards. No way I was 63 feet from the pin, more like 20. That’s just one example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I’m misreading the math. Lasered 162, hit to 20 short of the flag, GG called it 141, what did I read wrong?

I’ve still got a few months before the playable grass thaws so I may throw the local seller a trade offer, and if a no go then I’ll probably wait. I do like the tech, but I don’t let it drive me. And in the mean time I’ll read this thread through all eight pages.

Hey guys, I have been using the Classic Game Golf system for the past 4 years. A buddy of mine just sold me the Live unit.

I played two rds this morning. The first one synced up to my phone perfectly and after my rd I posted my round with no issues.

In rd #2 on hole #18 I hit my approach and two putted. It recorded the shots up until those last two putts, however there was a message saying it was trying to "sync" up. I had to leave the course quickly to get to work, so instead of waiting I manually input the last two putts and hit end round. At first everything appeared fine but when I look in Game Golf on my computer for the round it only shows my first two shots on hole #1 and nothing else.

Anyone have a glitch like this before?
I wonder if I can hook the receiver up to my computer and load the round manually or if its lost forever.

erock9174;n8877829 said:
I wonder if I can hook the receiver up to my computer and load the round manually or if its lost forever.

If the Live device logged the shots, you should be able to upload from it. I had to do that for the last few months because the app data was corrupted, and had no problems doing so.

Duffer Waldorf;n8877869 said:
If the Live device logged the shots, you should be able to upload from it. I had to do that for the last few months because the app data was corrupted, and had no problems doing so.

Hooking up the receiver worked. Thanks !!

Back