Game of Thrones prequel - House of the Dragon

I finally finished the original GOT this past spring so I will watch this while fresh in my mind.

Took me I don’t know how long to start watching GOT…maybe 2020. Didn’t even know this was being produced. I’ll give it a watch at some point.

I don't have the highest of hopes for this but hope I am wrong.

I think it's going to be really good. GOT was a gold mine for HBO and then got a ton of hate at the end. The potential for this is huge if they get it right.

Starting this now

Didn’t think I would be able to put my bitterness over seasons 6 and 7 or impatience for book 6 aside… but damn that was awesome! Looking forward to the rest of the season.

My wife made me break my vow that I wouldnt give any more of my life to these people after what they did to me for the last few seasons of GoT lol. Interesting start. May watch more.

I wish it was more "gritty" for lack of a better word. Feels a bit too polished and the dialogue leaves a bit to be desired for me. Maybe I got too used to Tyrion Lannister.

I wish it was more "gritty" for lack of a better word. Feels a bit too polished and the dialogue leaves a bit to be desired for me. Maybe I got too used to Tyrion Lannister.
Interesting point. GOT had George R R Martins brilliance to use for dialogue and story (at least for the first few seasons) but House of The Dragon is based on more of a history book of his. I think it’s going to be great but it’s hard to see it being on the same level of GOT.

Watching it now!

Just put this on a little bit ago, interesting so far.. I have to refresh on the targ family line just in case a name is referenced

I enjoyed the first episode. Did a good job of leveraging the previous show while being it's own starting point.

Ya know what, I liked it more than I thought. Intrigued.

Seems to have potential. This visuals and CGI did not seem up to GoT standards. I noticed a few scenes that looked pretty fake. As an earlier poster noted the dialogue seemed to be a bit weak. If GoT was PHD level, HoD is more undergrad.

Ok watched Episode 1, I’m in.

I love this character.

I’m reading recaps of the show. I could have the entire episodes spoiled and just by virtue of how complicated the names are it wouldn’t be spoiled.

I watched episode one on Sunday. I’m all in for this show!

Loved the first episode, exciting to have GOT back.

I like it so far. I think it will be a good story and journey of character growth along the way, but I do think it is set up to disappoint at the end just because we all know what is coming. That said, I will still watch anything GOT all the way through.

Ok Episode 2 and I’m already ready for the next one!!!

Episode 2 was good. It feels like they’re setting it up well to be the epic we hoped GoT final season would be.

Back