Gaming my driver!

Luchnia

You will never conquer golf.
Reaction score
Handicap
So yesterday I go to the local 9 hole and started off by teaching my wife some stuff around the greens as she is learning to play. Next I played 9 (wound up playing 11). My driver is a Cobra F9 that I bought from a THPer. Not long ago I swapped shafts to a 49G UST Helium and hit the driver really well. My averages are the highest ever. It is a 10.5 loft. Yesterday I set the loft setting at +1.0.

I gamed that driver yesterday the best I ever have. Two holes I only used fairway woods so 7 holes were driver. I consistently hit 200-240 carry and mostly center fairway shots. The shots that were off center were not off much. Only one shot out of 7 was just a tad in the right rough.

If I can keep hitting the driver that consistently, I am totally satisfied. For an old codger not bad at all. I think the thing that has helped me most is my lineup and driver pre shot routine. I have been able to repeat it more now than before.

Glad to hear you’re hitting it well

Helium shaft is great. If it works play it til it don't.... play well

sweet enjoy your new toy

Awesome. I love success stories. Keep it up.

It sounds like you have found the driver that works well for you. Keep it up !

That is awesome!!! Keep building the confidence.

200-240 in the fairway is great, but I like to swing for the fences and “blast” my driver 270-280 to wherever it ends up. I make sure to see every inch of the course so I get my money’s worth. 1582065007183.gif

Nice to hear it's working so well for you! I think Cobra makes some real quality gear & the F9 driver was well-reviewed by many THPers.

Those F9's are beasts. Glad you like it.

Keep up the good work! (y)

200-240 in the fairway is great, but I like to swing for the fences and “blast” my driver 270-280 to wherever it ends up. I make sure to see every inch of the course so I get my money’s worth. View attachment 8928321
If I swung like that I would wind up in the hospital LOL

200-240 in the fairway is great, but I like to swing for the fences and “blast” my driver 270-280 to wherever it ends up. I make sure to see every inch of the course so I get my money’s worth. View attachment 8928321

Same. Besides I play better from the rough or the opposite FW. My last hole out was from 150 out in the middle of 8’s fairway. I was playing 7. But an iggle is an iggle.

It is fun hitting the driver well! keep it up

Great to hear the driver is working well for you. Keep it up!

Good to hear @Luchnia

I need to find a happy place with my driver. Last few rounds has been hot or extremely cold. Mostly cold :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Great to hear!

Thanks guys. I just hope it keeps up - after all this is golf we are referring to :eek:

Accuracy usually wins over distance most days, congrats on the success!

Hope it continues to work for you.

I gamed that driver yesterday the best I ever have. Two holes I only used fairway woods so 7 holes were driver.

No par 3's or the 3wds were on the par 3's?

No par 3's or the 3wds were on the par 3's?
5W on a long par 3 and 3W on a dog leg par 4 about 210 to the corner and an iron on the other short par 3.

Back