Garage golf Simulator setups

Or you could get this bad boy. Hey if it’s good enough for Payne it should be good enough for us.

a78ee901bb4e7713cd5b8cb33b199d23.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Full Swing Kit at $4000 (probably starting), but not much on their website as of yet, seems like a good deal. Saying this summer for a release date, so I'll be watching (here) for a review. So, one of you pick that up and let us know. ok?

The Full Swing Kit at $4000 (probably starting), but not much on their website as of yet, seems like a good deal. Saying this summer for a release date, so I'll be watching (here) for a review. So, one of you pick that up and let us know. ok?
Put a deposit on one. Hoping it’s as good as original info. Wish there was more info on it. Rumor has it they had one set up demoing at Farmers golf tournament. Some apparently shipping out to beta testers relatively soon. Wish we could get an updated press release.

Slowly working towards this. Picking up stuff here and there. I've cleared enough space I can swing a full club in my screened on porch. Not perfect but better than not being able to swing during the winter.

This was my gc2 garage setup til last week. It’s all packed now as we’re building a house and I’m doing a sim/poker/bar area in my new basement. Probably going Uneekor eye xo or the quad. It’s so much fun. Recommended to anyone who can’t get out and play all year around. I’d stay away from Optishot. Skytrak would be the minimum but I’d think you’d be happy with the upgrade to a gc2.
645ce6b6d559d8a7a8b380982a1da4a7.jpg

ee6857701727f8b6f4b46bccb373b04a.jpg

0c075bfeec040262fcbc80a6f467838e.jpg

This was my gc2 garage setup til last week. It’s all packed now as we’re building a house and I’m doing a sim/poker/bar area in my new basement. Probably going Uneekor eye xo or the quad. It’s so much fun. Recommended to anyone who can’t get out and play all year around. I’d stay away from Optishot. Skytrak would be the minimum but I’d think you’d be happy with the upgrade to a gc2.
645ce6b6d559d8a7a8b380982a1da4a7.jpg

ee6857701727f8b6f4b46bccb373b04a.jpg

0c075bfeec040262fcbc80a6f467838e.jpg

I see you have the shank tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been piecing my garage setup together too. My third garage bay is already my woodworking shop, so I need a setup I can break down and easily get out of the way to put a car in the garage.

I’ll be starting with:

Mevo+
Net Return Home Series Net with Side Barriers
Fiberbulit 7x4 Studio Hitting Mat
Well Putt 13’ Putting Mat

I’ve got the net, side barriers, and putting mat already. The flight monitor and hitting mat are on order. I’ll be running the software on an iPad Pro 3rd Gen 12.9”.

My next upgrade will be the Net Return Simulator Valence and Screen which slides over the net, and a 4k projector. Eventually, I’ll bulid a gaming PC and switch to some other software.

I’ve been piecing my garage setup together too. My third garage bay is already my woodworking shop, so I need a setup I can break down and easily get out of the way to put a car in the garage.

I’ll be starting with:

Mevo+
Net Return Home Series Net with Side Barriers
Fiberbulit 7x4 Studio Hitting Mat
Well Putt 13’ Putting Mat

I’ve got the net, side barriers, and putting mat already. The flight monitor and hitting mat are on order. I’ll be running the software on an iPad Pro 3rd Gen 12.9”.

My next upgrade will be the Net Return Simulator Valence and Screen which slides over the net, and a 4k projector. Eventually, I’ll bulid a gaming PC and switch to some other software.

I've heard Mevo+ has interference issues with garage doors if hitting towards them, not sure if there's been a solution found or if you're hitting away from it.

I've heard Mevo+ has interference issues with garage doors if hitting towards them, not sure if there's been a solution found or if you're hitting away from it.

I plan to be hitting away from it. Interference is about my only concern at this point, but there’s no way to know until I get one in my hands. Given the order backlog, I’m sure I‘ll have no problem selling it if it doesn’t work out though.

I’m really hoping it does, because $2k is my budget for a FM right now, and I can‘t stomach having to pay SkyTrak $100 every year to use something that expensive for no good reason. Plus, since there’s no software for Skytrak/iPad except WGT, I’d pretty much have to build a gaming computer now.

Here's my current setup - Skytrak in my 3rd stall. Also use it as a space to watch my "shows" Built my own hitting platform until my fiberbuilt comes next month. EFBFC174-3ACF-47DB-929D-CA518EA19D0D_1_105_c.jpeg5C432213-C750-4F0D-8ACA-699FB3AC66AA_1_105_c.jpeg

I plan to be hitting away from it. Interference is about my only concern at this point, but there’s no way to know until I get one in my hands. Given the order backlog, I’m sure I‘ll have no problem selling it if it doesn’t work out though.

I’m really hoping it does, because $2k is my budget for a FM right now, and I can‘t stomach having to pay SkyTrak $100 every year to use something that expensive for no good reason. Plus, since there’s no software for Skytrak/iPad except WGT, I’d pretty much have to build a gaming computer now.

You can use E6 connect, it that's either $300 or $600 per year (in addition to the $100) for courses available on an iPad. Yes the Mevo+ has the advantage there with the 5 free E6 courses and no annual fee. Look on the bright side, Trackman charges something like $2k/year (granted that's a $20k system), so $100 doesn't seem too bad.

Skytrak also just released a beta version of their app with some updates, mostly graphics, so they are working on updates on their end

You can use E6 connect, it that's either $300 or $600 per year (in addition to the $100) for courses available on an iPad.

Good to know about E6 Connect. They must have added iPad support since I last looked at Skytrak’s supported ios software.

Look on the bright side, Trackman charges something like $2k/year (granted that's a $20k system), so $100 doesn't seem too bad.

Skytrak also just released a beta version of their app with some updates, mostly graphics, so they are working on updates on their end

I wouldn’t feel this way at all about an annual subscription fee to use their software. Requiring a subscription to use third party software is where I have the problem. In one case, they have ongoing costs. It’s fair to expect me to pay for continued usage. In the other, they don’t and they’re just being greedy.

Good to know about E6 Connect. They must have added iPad support since I last looked at Skytrak’s supported ios software.

I wouldn’t feel this way at all about an annual subscription fee to use their software. Requiring a subscription to use third party software is where I have the problem. In one case, they have ongoing costs. It’s fair to expect me to pay for continued usage. In the other, they don’t and they’re just being greedy.

Fair on that point with the 3rd party software, if never using the skytrak software.

I wonder if I can convince the ol ball and chain to let me put one of these in the garage... :unsure:

I had a 20x30 “golf cave” built by Carol Carports. It has 3 roll up doors and an entry door. I’ve been working on finishing it for the last year and a half. I built a 10x10 stance platform out of 2x4’s and sanded 3/4 plywood, put a couple putting holes off to the side for putting practice, and covered it with marine carpet. I use billboard tarp for a screen, have a long throw projector for movies and sporting events, and a short throw for golf simulation. I recently bought a Divotaction hitting mat because the Monster mat insert was just too grabby. I have a Skytrak setup, and it seems pretty accurate indoors or outdoors. Don’t have a sim program yet, but leaning towards Creative Golf 3D because ball physics seems more realistic compared to the others. I’ve been a member of the Golf Simulator Forum for a few years, and they’ve provided me with countless ideas for my sim. Check it out if you’re inclined to build your own.

I use e6 connect on my mevo+ simulator. Mevo+ does require more space due to distance needed behind the ball. I have 6.5 feet from mevo+ to ball, and then 9.5 feet ball to screen.

Someone mentioned garages and interference. With Mevo+ it has to do with the material the door is made of because it is a radar.

Mevo+ sucks with short shots. I've done lots and read lots to try and fix it. The fact is, bumping a 20 foot 8 iron chip shot, my clubhead is probably blocking the ball from the radar's view. 10 yards (30 feet) shots the Mevo+ has no problem with. This is where skytrak does better.

E6 connnect is a subscription. I just pay for the basic, which is $300/year. It's 27 permanent courses and what seems to be about 9 rotating monthly courses. For $600 annually, you get 96 courses or something like that. Or, if you use iphone or ipad, you do get 5 or 6 courses for free with your mevo+.

Honestly, if it's for personal use, I'd use TGC. Better graphics. Some may argue better physics one way or another, but honestly, my swing isn't perfect, so I doubt I could ever tell a difference between the two. I use e6 because I do rent my simulator out from time to time. e6 is way more user friendly in that regard.

~Rock

Back