Garage Simulator Crew

Been thinking about building a hitting bay beside my garage where the previous homeowner apparently parked a boat. It won't be fancy with screens and projectors unless I can find a way to put them up and down, but if I can talk my wife into letting me buy a gc3....hmm.....

Even just a laptop/iPad that connects to the launch monitor would work for most of my needs.

This is going to be an exciting follow.
I verified yesterday that I could at least swing my irons in the garage. Driver will be close but we will see.
Going to buy a net and hitting mat here soon. Need to do some research on the hitting mat as I’m trying to keep it as budget friendly as possible

This is a really cool idea can’t wait to see where this goes!

I'm in the wish I did camp. Probably going to have a tough time talking the wife into it this year.

Been thinking about building a hitting bay beside my garage where the previous homeowner apparently parked a boat. It won't be fancy with screens and projectors unless I can find a way to put them up and down, but if I can talk my wife into letting me buy a gc3....hmm.....
Lots of cool options and custom builds that can be done nowadays. I have an interesting space and as long as you are able to freely swing a club fully then you can make it happen most of the time.

I will be following this one like a hawk.

Added to my Watch List!

#GarageSimCrew

Thinking this will be YUUGE next year. YouTube is going to be crawling with new club reviewers etc..

If I had somewhere to make full swings.....I would totally have carefully considered a GC3 purchase.

A local barber shop apparently has a GC Quad and has a winter time league. Planning to join it. I would imagine these type of small, local buddy sim leagues will be quite popular.

Looking forward to following this. The house my girlfriend and I bought has a really big garage. I was thinking of building a hitting bay for over the winter rather than parking my car in it. I’d love to add a GC3 but that’s a hard sell within the next year or 2

Great idea!

This is perfect timing. I just started my garage sim build. I have the mat and just moved the garage door opener over to one of those side mounts. I will have to continue to use the garage for the cars, so set up and take down quickly will be important. Thinking about the new Bushnell with the monthly subscription.

Could someone tell me how to "follow" this post?

heck yes

Looking forward to this!

Will be following along. Love my sim.

add me to the "wish you did" part of the crew. we were designing a house about 8 years ago and had a sim included in the design...then my wife found the house we are in and all the ceilings are low and... i'm just going to stop there before sadness sets in. :cautious::LOL:

Would love to have a simulator, ceilings aren't high enough in the house and the garage would need to be completely redone so it could be useable year round in MN. Maybe I should sell the house and look for a better layout that would have the room. :unsure:

I wish...
I wish I had the space.
I wish I had the money.
I wish I had the skills.
I wish I had the talent.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This sounds awesome! I don't have anywhere near enough room, but this will be a brilliant vicarious follow.

The sim a buddy and I put together almost 2 years ago might be the coolest thing. Have spent 100s of hours in it.

This sounds like a fun. I'm still trying to convince the wife to put an addition off the back of the garage - when and if we do a screened in porch next spring. All for my golf stuff and and a future sim set up.

This will be a fun follow. If we ever move, or build the house we talk about, there will be room for a sim.

I can't wait to follow this. I was certainly guilty of taking over our garage during lockdown last spring.

I set up a net and mat in my garage this year just to have a place to go to work on mechanics. I am already brainstorming on how to improve the setup. My mat is not great quality and I am thinking of creative ways to possibly implement a launch monitor some day down the road.

Right now, I am thinking I could add that and setup my gaming laptop on a stand by the hitting area to keep an eye on ball flight and data. But, I could mount a short throw projector to my ceiling. Since we only have a 2 stall garage and winter is approaching, I will need to figure out a modular system that can be taken down relatively fast so I can park my truck inside. So, my thought is retractable impact screen. If that doesn't exist, I am thinking I could build out a PVC frame and attach the impact screen to it. Fasten some sort of hinge to the ceiling so I can essentially fold the screen up to the ceiling and secure it so that all I would have to do is move the mat and I would be good to go.

So many possibilities. Now that I have a taste of how easy it is to get a practice session in on the fly I think it could be huge for winter. Not just sitting there waiting to see what my game looks like in 6 months. I could actually make meaningful improvements during that time. With a net and a mat only, it will be difficult. No visual feedback is tough. But, once I get a GC3 or Launch Pro, there is no limit to what can be done to improve the setup.

Really looking forward to following this. Would love to get and bounce ideas off of other guys in a similar situation.

Hers is the current setup. Lots of room for improvement. The Rukket net is fantastic. But not all that fast to setup or tear down. The impact target lasted about two days before ripping.
1634131433994.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking forward to what you guys have coming. I DIYed a SkyTrak setup in my garage a few months ago and looking forward to having something to scratch the golf itch this winter

So, my thought is retractable impact screen. If that doesn't exist, I am thinking I could build out a PVC frame and attach the impact screen to it.

Sportscreen is something to look into. Popular on other sim forums where it gives you the hardware to attach an impact screen to and allows you to roll it up/down when you need to.

Sportscreen is something to look into. Popular on other sim forums where it gives you the hardware to attach an impact screen to and allows you to roll it up/down when you need to.
Thanks! A quick look and it appears to be hockey focused (which is fine as long as it works). Looks like there is something rigid half way up to hang the hockey targets. Will have to see if I can find some more info on it's golf sim use.

Back