Garage Simulator Crew

It's going to be in my garage and it'll sit higher than my door closer and that's not in the way of my swing. I'll actually be able to set up the screen and then hold the projector to see what it looks like before I lock it in.

I just wanted to get an idea of how far back, so it seems to me that doing it the way I was thinking will work.
It will, just take a peek at Projector Central on the throw distance-expected screen size for the projector you are looking at.

Don't want any surprises when it arrives and is outside your expected distance from screen. Most are not lenient on returns if it won't work. .02

Models can vary by quite a bit on throw distance to hit a size.

I need to get my garage set for winter. Still need to grab a smaller net

I need to get my garage set for winter. Still need to grab a smaller net
Wish you were closer, I have a Rukknet you could have.
Screenshot_20231116_153950_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: J4U
@Jman did you decide on anything to cover that window behind your screen?

I moved the setup to the unfinished attic so it can remain setup so I’m more motivated to use it. Used it last night and it was nice not having to move a car out of the garage and getting it all put in place.

I moved the setup to the unfinished attic so it can remain setup so I’m more motivated to use it. Used it last night and it was nice not having to move a car out of the garage and getting it all put in place.
my one issue with moving my sim somewhere else in the house would be the noise. If I put the sim in an upstairs bedroom nighttime playing would be out.

my one issue with moving my sim somewhere else in the house would be the noise. If I put the sim in an upstairs bedroom nighttime playing would be out.
That what I was worried about. I hit while the kids were asleep and no issues there. Got some rubber mats to help minimize the noise.

R10 still worth the cheap investment?

Spend the extra money and get the Rapsodo. Trust me on this.
That one requires an expensive subscription right?

That one requires an expensive subscription right?
There is a subscription, but the payoff is you get something that really works. Worth it imo. I don't want to sound snobby, but if you're going to spend that much money, I just wouldn't spend it on something that doesn't work very well. I've had both and it's just not the same experience.

Can anyone recommend a good short throw with 2d keystone? I’ve used projector central a bit but looking for first hand recommendations. Ideally would set it approx 8-10’ away.

Spend the extra money and get the Rapsodo. Trust me on this.
I haven't owned the Rapsodo (yet). But I can add to the testimony, that don't buy a R10. Not worth the money.

Can anyone recommend a good short throw with 2d keystone? I’ve used projector central a bit but looking for first hand recommendations. Ideally would set it approx 8-10’ away.
There's 2 BenQ projectors.

TH690ST gaming projector for $999 and the LW500ST business projector for $799.

I played three rounds this evening and for the first time in almost a year, the R10 was having issues picking up soft chips and pitches. I had to swing a little harder with a more lofted wedge than I would have normally. I did change some stuff around a little. But the changes shouldn't have affected the device. I also have a giant fold in the carpet between the device and the hitting mat that needs to be flattened. But that's never caused issues before.

Anyway, it was a little frustrating. I can live with the inaccuracy of the device, but when playing sim rounds, I had gotten used to it picking up every shot. I think the only shots this thing had missed before tonight were from not giving it enough time after a practice swing.

Last edited:
Changing up my mat game and bought the Sigpro Soft hitting strip. I'm looking forward to getting it in the mat.

Changing up my mat game and bought the Sigpro Soft hitting strip. I'm looking forward to getting it in the mat.
Game changer. Having the strip only option is such a great bonus too.

That's a great step into their product! The insert is very forgiving and feels great! Not a fan of it when I get steep as it can grab hard. Good feedback for me to not get steep!

Looking forward to the response from the doctor next week after tests come back. Still may be some things forthcoming, but hopefully get the green light and just deal with the pain!

Will be great to get back in on the ST+ (and golf) and prep the GolfTec package via interviews. Being ready to fire in all cylinders of feedback from the ST+ and improvement from GolfTec after the work travel. Still probably January before I can begin the lessons, but it's at least a brighter light at the hopeful end of this tunnel!

I think you'll love the insert!

Back