Uhmm...It's the tree in the picture haha! Sorry I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. I searched through my pictures and I found this picture and this is the only picture that I can actually see the tree in.
View attachment 8950659
I edited my post. The link may help you to tell whether it's an ash or not.

Have a couple tomato plants and four cucumber plants in our little garden. They are doing pretty well. A friend of ours has a large (2400 sq ft) garden on their property with all kinds of stuff. They had extra plants and were sure of the tomato variety but free is a great price.

Last summer I think I over watered and the tomatoes grew so fast most of the fruit split and rotted before they were ripe. Have been balancing keeping them growing for now while keeping weeds out.

Last night I planted 6 perennials along the sidewalk to our front porch. Hopefully they do well in afternoon/evening sun. I told my wife I am done with annuals. Expensive and labor intensive for something that needs replaced every year. Garden center had the perennials 3/$10 so I bough 9 and gave my Dad a few. May go back and get some more tomorrow. They are all blooming already.

Have a couple tomato plants and four cucumber plants in our little garden. They are doing pretty well. A friend of ours has a large (2400 sq ft) garden on their property with all kinds of stuff. They had extra plants and were sure of the tomato variety but free is a great price.

Last summer I think I over watered and the tomatoes grew so fast most of the fruit split and rotted before they were ripe. Have been balancing keeping them growing for now while keeping weeds out.

Last night I planted 6 perennials along the sidewalk to our front porch. Hopefully they do well in afternoon/evening sun. I told my wife I am done with annuals. Expensive and labor intensive for something that needs replaced every year. Garden center had the perennials 3/$10 so I bough 9 and gave my Dad a few. May go back and get some more tomorrow. They are all blooming already.

I wish you luck with the perennials. With very few exceptions, I've found perennials are weeds with a pedigree and an effective PR firm.

I wish you luck with the perennials. With very few exceptions, I've found perennials are weeds with a pedigree and an effective PR firm.
Yeah... my wife says one of our old neighbors told her she couldnt plant something in our yard because she was highly allergic... they moved away.

These all came with warnings about attracting bees & other pollinators. Ah well, anything to keep my mother-in-law away...

Gardening?

BAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

I tilled, raked and fertilized an acre of my property.

Then spread $250 worth of wildflower seed.

I have weeds and no flowers.

I couldn't grow a potato.

I planted 3 tomato plants this year in a spot that was so-so the last time I planted there. All three are growing phenomenally well for some reason this year.

The funny thing is I didn't put a fence around them as our male dog has never once lifted his leg to pee. Figured they'd be safe with just the tomato cages around them. Not only has that @#$^head decided his preferred peeing spot is the garden, he now wants to be a male dog. Guess which tomatoes my mother-in-law is getting?

I planted 3 tomato plants this year in a spot that was so-so the last time I planted there. All three are growing phenomenally well for some reason this year.

The funny thing is I didn't put a fence around them as our male dog has never once lifted his leg to pee. Figured they'd be safe with just the tomato cages around them. Not only has that @#$^head decided his preferred peeing spot is the garden, he now wants to be a male dog. Guess which tomatoes my mother-in-law is getting?

That's kind of ironic, since feeding your dog tomato juice is supposed to prevent him from killing the grass when he pees on it.

I am having 26 tree/shrub stumps ground today. The previous guy planted 8 where three would thrive and thirty year slater, they need thinning. So the tree surgeon took out the wimps and the ones preventing others to thrive, and I have some balance in the garden, I still have beautiful plum, apple and walnut trees giving fruit.

Watching the stump grinders in action is awesome. They have big boys toys and give the stumps some serious grinding. The two guys sanding my floor are distracted by the sheer brute energy of the grinding machine. It is like the scene from Hancock when he walks around saying good job to everyone and then creates havoc.

Got our first cucumber and zucchini today, woohoo!

Best flower arrangement yet! Growing our own is the easiest and cheapest way to get flowers for my wife!
20200715_154011.jpg

Too many vines. Not enough beds. Harvest is starting to come in though!
07CCD9EB-D7D4-4B32-9251-4FD1FB1F0F58.jpeg7843283C-BA13-4043-A264-DF12327939DC.jpeg

Tiny gourd pumpkins! Because why not?06AE415E-807A-4F03-903D-C28B4F3F0B35.jpeg

Our tomatoes are starting to ripen. I had one the other night and it had so much flavor. We've picked 7 since.

I've grown tomatoes in the past but never had the plants take off like these. They are a hybrid called "Early Girl" and have lived up to their name. Others I've talked in this area are yet to have theirs ripen.

This is going to sound like an exaggeration, but the vines are so dense it's very difficult to see the red tomatoes. I literally had to get down on my hands and knees and look up from underneath the vine to find them.

Between trying to get the lawn in order, my wife and her planters/flowers, these tomato plants and some other growing projects, the whole spending more time at home thing has been enjoyable so far this summer.

Last edited:
Peppers are starting to come to life. Got our first jalapeño. Actually have some corn growing on the stalks (looks hilarious in my tiny garden!). Trimmed the sad looking zucchini and found a watermelon growing underneath. Maybe there’s hope for a delicious home grown watermelon after all!

Peppers are starting to come to life. Got our first jalapeño. Actually have some corn growing on the stalks (looks hilarious in my tiny garden!). Trimmed the sad looking zucchini and found a watermelon growing underneath. Maybe there’s hope for a delicious home grown watermelon after all!
Sounds like its going well! Sweet corn from the garden is sooo good!

Plum tree is shedding a huge amount of fruit. Plum crumbles in the freezer and more stewed plums for the next freezer run, and I am still less than ten per cent into the crop.

:egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:

Plum tree is shedding a huge amount of fruit. Plum crumbles in the freezer and more stewed plums for the next freezer run, and I am still less than ten per cent into the crop.

:egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:
Love fresh fruit. Apples on my trees are really starting to get big. Should have a good crop!

We actually got four ears of corn 😆. My watermelon got about the size of an apple and then shriveled up and the whole vine died :(. Cucumber vine is dead and one zucchini plant is done. Still have another zucchini plant and starting to get a couple jalapeños each week. Cherry tomatoes are going bonkers and I don’t know what I’m going to do with all the cayenne peppers. We have three small pumpkins and like two dozen gourd pumpkins. I am never growing pumpkins again, the vines are like weeds!

Reactions: JB
I love to grow plants and hope to have a garden some day to eat my own produce. Of course the growing season is so short here. A tropical clime with some lemon trees or something sounds devine.
I have 6 houseplants that I enjoy very much and refer to as my "plant friends."
It's all I have since the last dog 4 years ago. ;):ROFLMAO:

We actually got four ears of corn 😆. My watermelon got about the size of an apple and then shriveled up and the whole vine died :(. Cucumber vine is dead and one zucchini plant is done. Still have another zucchini plant and starting to get a couple jalapeños each week. Cherry tomatoes are going bonkers and I don’t know what I’m going to do with all the cayenne peppers. We have three small pumpkins and like two dozen gourd pumpkins. I am never growing pumpkins again, the vines are like weeds!
Yes, corn success!! kind of. But seriously, that's fun you get to enjoy your corn! Like you, I currently have volunteer pumpkins and gourd vine running wild in my raised beds. Wanted to take them out, but the kids love them. So....they stay.

Next year, since the kids helped, its time to grow the garden. Time to get out the rototiller and turn over some lawn. This could get interesting....

Yes, corn success!! kind of. But seriously, that's fun you get to enjoy your corn! Like you, I currently have volunteer pumpkins and gourd vine running wild in my raised beds. Wanted to take them out, but the kids love them. So....they stay.

Next year, since the kids helped, its time to grow the garden. Time to get out the rototiller and turn over some lawn. This could get interesting....
That’s awesome! The pumpkins and corn were for fun just to see if we’d have success. Now debating if we want to enlarge the beds next year. My goal is to get the plants to pay for themselves and the entertainment value was worth it.

Taken the last of the plums off our tree. No more wasp food availble.

We have 14 lbs of frozen plums, four large plum crumbles, 4 pints of plum sorbet, twelve jars of plum jam( what you call jelly) and four jars of plum chutney/pickle. And we threw more away than we used.

Now I'm picking apples, then it will be walnuts.

And the tomatoes, peppers, celery and carrots are looking good.

Taken the last of the plums off our tree. No more wasp food availble.

We have 14 lbs of frozen plums, four large plum crumbles, 4 pints of plum sorbet, twelve jars of plum jam( what you call jelly) and four jars of plum chutney/pickle. And we threw more away than we used.

Now I'm picking apples, then it will be walnuts.

And the tomatoes, peppers, celery and carrots are looking good.
Suffice to day, the plums did well!

I had given up hope for peaches this year after a late hard frost and snow in May wiped out the blooms. To my surprise, I found one little peach last night. The whole family, 5 of us, shared that little peach. But it was so good, and so juicy, that one tiny bite :ROFLMAO:.

Apples are doing much better, and should be ready for picking in a few more weeks.

This recipe for plum sorbet is marvellous, simple but the sorbet is divine.

If, and a big IF at that, I was ever going to indulge in gardening, it would definitely be growing herbs in a very small and very compact environment.

Generally speaking, I want zero maintenance and would like nothing more than a fully paved yard (gotta love the houses in Spain) with the only nod to nature being a synthetic putting green.

Back