Approach S20

Approach S6

JP_CO

Chamption of something...
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
depends
Looking to get a watch and it’s between the Approach S20 and the TLink.
Really liking the look of the S20

tucsondivots

Fairways and Greens
Reaction score
Handicap
The S20 looks like it has great features for $199.

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
It's been while since I wore a Garmin. How do the bands on these compare to the tomtom. Are they still using the prong system for attaching the charger to the watch?

gizmo3putt

Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 15.4
That S20 looks alright, might have been better if I got the wifey one of those instead of the S2

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Kansas company, always a fan of local...we all should be with a local company, right? Anyway, all three watches have their points. Not sure which one I'd rather game given a choice. I like the looks of the S2 and the features of the S20, but the S6 just seems like a bit to much on such a compact watch. All good offerings.

Dave Alvarado

Reaction score
Handicap
Their new swing analyzer looks interesting. Paired with a S6, you have a $500 setup that will give you contact numbers on the practice range, if that's something that you want. You won't get things like spin or ball flight so not so useful hitting into a net, but I'm very interested for keeping stuff I learned in my lessons in practice this season.

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
I really like the looks of the S20. Nice.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score

Xarraan

Reaction score
Handicap
Unless they finally put in a battery that last 2 rounds I won't go anywhere near them again

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

musicmaster6921

hacking away everyday.
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 21.4
Always thought about getting a GPS watch, and these might send me over the edge! They look great and not to huge on the wrist.

lopsta5

Reaction score
Handicap
I like the look of the S2, looks just like a normal watch.

jbandalo

Reaction score
Handicap
Just ordered the Garmin TruSwing Analyzer. Pairing it up with my S6 so should be interesting on what info I can get out of it. Looking forward mostly to face angle, club path and angles etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJzrc8l0Rk

brianmk24

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I like the round analyzer on the S20. I'd have to look into whether it could replace GameGolf or Arccos. The swing analyzer on the S6 seems like it could be helpful in finding a baseline tempo and then fixing a quick takeaway or downswing.

StanTheCaddy

Who wants 2 have some fun
Reaction score
Handicap
9.8 USGA
I've been thinking about a GPS for a couple years now but haven't pulled the trigger yet. For $200 though, the S20 really has me in ponder mode.

Lbhitter

Reaction score
Handicap
S20 has my attention. This thing looks like it could even give the Apple iWatch a run for its money.

O'Carroll

O'verrated
Reaction score
Handicap
Fat Calves
I absolutely love my old GPS watch, but due to a broken strap, it's time to move on. Playing two (or maybe three, I forget) seasons with one now, I just want simple and less expensive with a good amount of durability and battery life. I don't care about doglegs, hazards, score keeping, touch screen...I just want to look down and see front, middle back. I know there are solid options out there that fit what I'm looking for to be had for around $129 - $149, so that S20 has me intrigued at $199, and I'm super curious to read any feedback on battery life.

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
I absolutely love my old GPS watch, but due to a broken strap, it's time to move on. Playing two (or maybe three, I forget) seasons with one now, I just want simple and less expensive with a good amount of durability and battery life. I don't care about doglegs, hazards, score keeping, touch screen...I just want to look down and see front, middle back. I know there are solid options out there that fit what I'm looking for to be had for around $129 - $149, so that S20 has me intrigued at $199, and I'm super curious to read any feedback on battery life.
Considering precison pro gps?

O'Carroll

O'verrated
Reaction score
Handicap
Fat Calves

mmaynard11

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
For me from the products above the S20 caught my eye. It would take a lot to get me to stray from my rangefinder, unless I could also track my running stats with this device.

smetlydc2

Reaction score
Handicap
I was waiting for the Bushnell NEO ION but after seeing the new Approach S20 for the same price I am very interested to hear some reviews. I'm also very intrigued by the Truswing analyzer that will pair with the watches.

manlai

Reaction score
Handicap
luck
There are 2 things I have been wishing Garmin would do:

1. put full approach functionality in their fenix line of watches. I love the fenix sapphire but I wish their golf mode was more like the s6 (would LOVE pinpointer) or even the s2. As it is you have to load courses with a phone and nowhere near as easy or convenient as an approach. If I could just load the full catalogue of courses onto the watch and just have it available at all times, that would be ideal.

2. if the entire line featured pin pointer, especially the simpler non color distances only ones. My ideal device would be just distances (carry, hazards, front/middle/back) and a small arrow toward the general direction of the green. I've played around with the s6 a lot but the screen is a pain and most of the features are weird and pointless but I love knowing where to aim on blind shots. It is a cool first effort at full handheld gps device in watch form factor but it needs improvements. Of course, if they put out a new one with improvements and fixes I would probably talk myself into getting one.

smetlydc2

Reaction score
Handicap
I spoke with Garmin support about the S20 and the differences between that and the S4. They said hands down the S20 is better and has way more features. Apparently the S4 you have to map and enter hazards in yourself.

After reading Amazon reviews it seems when the S20 first came out it wasn't working but with the latest firmware update the features are working now.

I was deciding between this and the new Bushnell NEO Ion but I'm heavily leaning S20 now.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in