Garmin Approach R10 Launch Monitor

I just need to see a few test along side the gc2/4 and trackman. As long as the data is accurate it may be a instant buy. I can deal with it missing a few swings. But cant deal with inaccurate spin/distance info.

I just need to see a few test along side the gc2/4 and trackman. As long as the data is accurate it may be a instant buy. I can deal with it missing a few swings. But cant deal with inaccurate spin/distance info.
This precisely. The club face data, and spin calculations has me worried as to calculations. The club face angle, path angle, AoA, and spin could leave a lot to be desired if they’re not quite accurate enough to even be remotely near the high end stuff.

Very tempted to buy this. I practice weekly at an indoor facility with trackman so if I do pull the trigger I can provide a comparison with trackman numbers.

Literally had a Rapsodo in the cart, been going back and forth between that and Mevo. Now forgetting them both, have an R10 on order through a bike shop (they do a lot of Garmin). They are saying it should ship from Garmin 20Aug. I only want it for outdoor range use, but if the data is in the ballpark it'll be great.

As for Garmin being "public beta" - have to agree on that. Had the first gen Venu and it was good but could be flaky. Now have the Venu 2S and they got both the hardware and software quite right this time around. Have high hopes for the R10 - at least eventually :LOL:

Thought I read somewhere stating these have been in users hand for quite some time for beta testing. Hope it proves true and they have the bugs worked out.
Nothing to date in that under $1k space to date had intrigued me. This one does.

3rd video of this series, lays it out as to positives and flaws. Has comparisons to other units as well.

3rd video of this series, lays it out as to positives and flaws. Has comparisons to other units as well.

Cool video and nice review.

This unit really has me intrigued. Like he said do we go with this unit at 599 or step up to SkyTrak for the 2000

Cool video and nice review.

This unit really has me intrigued. Like he said do we go with this unit at 599 or step up to SkyTrak for the 2000
I pre ordered one. A sky track is a bit too expensive. But I like this and now need to think of how to set it up inside

If its eligible for credits and coupons, i have some credit at the ready. A couple more independent reviews showing positive comparison and im in.

I really wish this price was lower. :unsure: something tells me it won't go down for a while.

I really wish this price was lower. :unsure: something tells me it won't go down for a while.

Garmin doesn't usually lower prices until they have something newer & better to sell you.

Garmin doesn't usually lower prices until they have something newer & better to sell you.
Do they believe in $100 off coupons? ;)

i watched the review last night. not working well indoors is not something that bothers me in the slightest. i'm not keen on spin as a calculation, but if it's close (say within 100 or so rpm) i'm cool with that. i didn't see much talk about longer clubs, though. it does seem like this is closest to a functional and affordable unit we've seen yet.

I wonder if I can use my marine connection with Garmin to get one cheaper? 🤔

Do they believe in $100 off coupons? ;)
. As long as they don’t impose ping like discount restrictions, youll be able to find a sale somewhere im sure

This thing looks awesome. Even if it's not that great this time around it is bringing the price point down so much that your everyday person can afford it. 3 to 5 years these things are going to be amazing for at home use.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Fourth video on this unit in the series where he compares it visually to what he sees on the range while playing a simulated round.

Iam lucky I have a contact who can get 20% discount )

Fourth video on this unit in the series where he compares it visually to what he sees on the range while playing a simulated round.

After watching this series hard ponder is engaged.

Looking forward to this. Be able to hit some balls out back into the net in the garage. Son, and most likely me as well, got to be careful with the lip heading into the garage as he topped a ball and it hit the 2-3 inch lip, rocketed off of there and landed in the street. Glad it did not hit the car or the house. I am going to have to put down some old rugs or something to soften that a bit from the cement lip.

Looking forward to this. Be able to hit some balls out back into the net in the garage. Son, and most likely me as well, got to be careful with the lip heading into the garage as he topped a ball and it hit the 2-3 inch lip, rocketed off of there and landed in the street. Glad it did not hit the car or the house. I am going to have to put down some old rugs or something to soften that a bit from the cement lip.
Scrap section in the carpet aisle of HD or Lowe’s works wonders. Found artificial grass for pennies on the dollar and it dulls the floor impact.

i had old area rugs which i put over the lip. Should be better. I also need to put something on the inside of the garage door as with the door up a lob wedge or open sand wedge can hit inside of door and the metal on that as well can cause the ball to go crazy. Might just hang a blanket or something. I do not need broken windows or dented cars LOL

I may have to order one of these to try out over winter

Back