Garmin Approach R10 Launch Monitor

Earl553

Reaction score
Handicap
Just stumbled over the Garmin Approach R10 Launch Monitor: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/695391
The metrics are - to say the least - impressive. Including side Spin, AoA, Club path… both, indoor and outdoor capability.
On YouTube first reviews popped up today describing quite awesome functioning of Launch Monitor Features as well as Golf Simulator capabilities. For 599 it looks like a steal compared to the Mevo+ and the SkyTrak.
I am desperately trying to find a place for preordering here in Germany.
what are your thoughts on that hopefully awesome device?

Interesting, yet another launch monitor I need to consider. Thanks. ;)

This looks packed with tech!

Sorry 😁 couldn‘t resist. Given that I ponder the Rapsodo and the Mevo+ since last summer, yet wasn‘t quite sure which one would be the better deal. To be honest: the Garmin could be the Mevo-wulf in Rapsodo-sheep-clothes 🤔

Haven't tried it, but sure hope someone has. All that tech and features makes me think it could be good.

A few shops in the US and UK provide preordering. Availability is listed with 24th July (e.g., here).

I might buy this and strap it to the front my bag for in round analysis and video.

If this unit can deliver what it says it can at that price point this is a real game changer in the market place. I’m not assuming the accuracy will be anything near a Trackman, ShotScope or GCQuad but this looks like a real interesting option.

Wow this is the 1st one that I would consider buying.
I like how it will tie into a bigger system and be used for sim golf unlike the Mevo.

This looks pretty slick I will be interested to see real world reviews. It might get me to bite at that price.

Wonder if THP gets it to review.

Wow, looks awesome.

My G80 is decent, but ultimately falls short of any practical use.

Wonder if THP gets it to review.
They either errored by not sending a unit to THP to review, or it is currently in review and the cat is now out of the bag. :LOL:

I’m tempering my expectations but based on early talk they are high.

Some of that swing path data just seems too good to be true. Absolutely on my radar

This will be an interesting one to follow, hope to see some good reviews of it soon. The hype over the Swing Caddy SC300i seems to have fizzled out, so this might be the next thing in affordable launch monitors.

Very interesting. Cant wait to see how accurate it compared to the premium units. If its accurate I will have one

Looks awesome for the price, can't wait to see some reviews on how accurate it is with all the stats

Found a trustworthy shop for preordering here in Germany. 559,-€ and delivery will be 18.8. jumped the gun and preordered 😁

Device looks fantastic but seems like it's data will be analyzed with the Garmin golf app. That ruins it to me, because the app is so outdated and no fun to use imho :(

Or maybe the app will get a major update (finally)? That would be so great! Some pictures promise an update because a different design is shown.

I always give a warning with Garmin stuff. The early buyers will be Beta testers to an extent. When their products are first released it takes a few weeks for them to get everything updated to where it works as advertised.

This really looks like a great device. It’s all about accuracy and it this little device can be accurate enough damn this will be a huge seller.

Very interesting. The market for the at home launch monitor is going to be so good in the next few years, I cannot wait to see how things play out!

this looks nice. especially with a built in tripod.

Back