Garmin Approach S62

Nappy

2024 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
PBR
I've had some sort of GPS watch on my wrist for the better part of the last 5 years. All that time I've found Garmin to be the easiest to use for both golf and regular life. I had the Garmin Venu since late last year and though I loved the OLED display - I couldn't get past the bugs it had. I seemed to miss notifications and it would sometimes just freeze up on me. I did some more research and thought about switching to something else - but I kept coming back to Garmin. A few weeks ago I started reading up on the Garmin Approach and low and behold Budget Golf was allowing their discount to be used on them - so I quickly sold the Venu on the bay and purchased an S62.

So full disclosure I'm in Wisconsin and my course won't open for another week or so (if it does as at all - thanks CoronaVirus) but just as a lifestyle watch for notifications this thing might be the best smartwatch I've ever used. I've had it on for 5 days and I'm still at 65% battery. All I have set up are my smart phone notifications and I've browsed the data it has on my home course, but I'm just super impressed with everything about this watch. The size is great, it's lightweight and it looks awesome.

I will admit, it's a bit pricey for a watch, but if performs on the course - I'll be enjoying this watch immensely.

Just curious if anyone else is rocking the S62 and what you think about it on and off the course?

Haven't really looked for a new golf GPS watch since I bought the Garmin S60 late last summer. Have to say I've been very happy with it. (y)

I have had the S60 since last year. Once you start using it on the course, you might get 27 holes with it on a full charge. Bring the cord along if you play more.

It's fantastic. The s60 was great (except for battery) and the s62 improves in every area.

I have had the S60 since last year. Once you start using it on the course, you might get 27 holes with it on a full charge. Bring the cord along if you play more.

Fully expect the battery life to go down once I start golfing. Compared the Venu (which I had only used for daily activity as well) this thing is a huge improvement.

I am considering this watch as well, to replace my old Garmin VivoActive HR, which still works but it limited and I am ready for an upgrade

I will be picking up one of these soon

Anyone know if you can use the leather S60 band on the S62?

I've had mine since mid-January. I probably have 15 rounds on it. By far, the best GPS watch I've used. In fact, it is now my daily watch. I use it for working out at the gym, swimming, bicycle riding, walking/hiking. Depending on the amount of use for activities, I get between 5-10 days between charges, even after several golf rounds.

Now, if only Garmin would redo their Garmin Connect software for golf. It's horrible. I am still using Gamegolf because Connect is so bad.

I've had mine since mid-January. I probably have 15 rounds on it. By far, the best GPS watch I've used. In fact, it is now my daily watch. I use it for working out at the gym, swimming, bicycle riding, walking/hiking. Depending on the amount of use for activities, I get between 5-10 days between charges, even after several golf rounds.

Now, if only Garmin would redo their Garmin Connect software for golf. It's horrible. I am still using Gamegolf because Connect is so bad.
Software has always been Garmin's weak point. I love their hardware, but their firmware/software is glitchy and kludgy. Every firmware update is about a 50/50 chance that they're going to bork something and you're going to have to deal with until the next fw update, when they fix it and bork something else.

Back