Reaction score
Handicap
Apparently Augusta banned him for his antics at the opening tee shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t say I blame them

No soup for you, Gary Player's son.

Idiot.

1618271347556.png

I see Lee Elder, Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus standing on the tee box with caddies standing behind them.

he tried to work in some product placement lien he was on the Truman show.

I am not sure he is the right person to ban. He had to have only done that at the prompting of Gary. I get you can’t really ban Gary but maybe they should.

I am never really sure what to think of player.. but this feels very par for the course for him..

like his rant last year at the tiger, rose, JT, Rory event.. just totally strange behaviors. I kinda think he is losing it mentally.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Player is a Bridgestone sponsor right? Wonder if they drop him..

Yeah, but at least Gary Player's son realized what Gary Player's son was doing and called Gary Player's son out on it:

"Gary Player's son has been condemned by social media users - including his own brother - for "ambushing" the Masters honorary starter's ceremony with a piece of guerilla marketing."

What a chump.

Because brand placement is wrong, wrong, wrong. Bad caddy!
444036a53323f423205cc74bba488a97.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because brand placement is wrong, wrong, wrong. Bad caddy!
444036a53323f423205cc74bba488a97.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s different. He is a paid ambassador of ping and Travis Matthew. This is an example of guerrilla marketing: you force your product in the background and in this case, steal the spotlight from a man who was being honored. This would be like Gary Player squatting into the background and flashing a greenpeace banner the entire time.

He made sure to stand nearer to Elder when he was introduced while holding the ball box, and maneuvered Player's bag, littered with sponsor logos, into the gap between his father and Mr. Elder a little later.

I feel like Players sons are always involved in some sketchy stuff..... wasn’t there a recent arrest for one? And didn’t Gary win 5 mil in a lawsuit from another? Why should any of the last weeks shenanigans surprise us?

I feel like Players sons are always involved in some sketchy stuff..... wasn’t there a recent arrest for one? And didn’t Gary win 5 mil in a lawsuit from another? Why should any of the last weeks shenanigans surprise us?

Yeah… I think I heard this one was already in trouble with Augusta with selling tickets and lodging. This wasn’t his first strike.

Guessing they didn’t learn this behavior on their own...
I dunno - in fairness, I've seen plenty of kids who came from good families and still turned out to be s**theads.

On Friday morning, Wayne Player responded to a Golf Digest request for comment. According to Wayne, he did not know until late Wednesday night that he would be caddieing for his father. When he arrived on the first tee, Wayne says he was directed to stand where he did by officials. As for accusations that he was trying to market OnCore, Player—who owns a stake in the company—said there was “zero intent” to do so.

“The only thought from that point was that it would be cool for fans to know what ball my dad was teeing off with,” Wayne said. “That’s where it ends. If I’ve hurt people’s feelings then I’m truly sorry and hope they will forgive me.”

Player said no one from Augusta National has spoken to him on the matter. “I’m sure we’ll hear something though as it’s now getting out of hand.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back