Gary Player Son Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMH. Guy is a clown from what it sounds like.

I don’t buy his “it was an accident” comment. That looked purposeful from my perspective.

Support this but feel Gary needs to be spoken to as well.

On Friday morning, Wayne Player responded to a Golf Digest request for comment. According to Wayne, he did not know until late Wednesday night that he would be caddieing for his father. When he arrived on the first tee, Wayne says he was directed to stand where he did by officials. As for accusations that he was trying to market OnCore, Player—who owns a stake in the company—said there was “zero intent” to do so.

The only thought from that point was that it would be cool for fans to know what ball my dad was teeing off with,” Wayne said. “That’s where it ends. If I’ve hurt people’s feelings then I’m truly sorry and hope they will forgive me.”

Player said no one from Augusta National has spoken to him on the matter. “I’m sure we’ll hear something though as it’s now getting out of hand.”

..... Come on man.

“The only thought from that point was that it would be cool for fans to know what ball my dad was teeing off with,” Wayne said. “That’s where it ends. If I’ve hurt people’s feelings then I’m truly sorry and hope they will forgive me.”

haha it sounds exactly as stupid as it is.

Seems like it's time for Mr Player to maybe step aside and let another champion have the honorary first tee shot along with Jack. Maybe just sit a few of them out for a bit, that last kick in the air seemed like it may have hurt a little.

Good riddance.

Also funny that the OnCore dumbdumbs were tweeting with delight just after, and then started deleting tweets when the backlash gathered steam. (Allegedly, didn't see it myself)

His “apology” was definitely written in crayon.

haha i remember watching this thinking, man he is perfectly positioning this box of balls... it reminded me of the Major League deodorant scene with Vaughn... SCUMMY!

SOOOO Glad this didnt just get brushed under the rug... what a mockery of the larger than life moment for Lee Elder. Let it be known I did not like Travis Matthew polo, especially when they make tasteful polos vs the billboard collar. PXG can take a hike too.

Support this but feel Gary needs to be spoken to as well.
I disagree. Gary Player needs to be spoken too less. Him and Jack need to be left alone.

he looks like a real life bobble head. that is one big noggin for such a wee tiny body.

The concept of having uniformed caddies present on the first tee box for a ceremonial single shot is is questionable.

Players son seems shady AF. This just adds to the stigma and weighs on his father’s reputation.

Making something out of nothing. No different than the Ping on the bag.

Like father, like son....IMO.

Nobody cares what ball Gary Player is playing. I hate to say it but Player seems to have a history of some questionable things over the years. Like the British Open in 74:

It is kind of tough to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back