Gas Prices: What are you paying?

I don't see it going up like what we saw this summer. As bad as things are, the dollar is at 4-5 year highs against most everything, and since oil is sold by the dollar, that will help with the price control. Part of why it went up so much was the dollar was so bad several months ago they had to raise the prices to make what they were before (against their own currency). Although IMO it went up a LOT more than it needed to.

All the more reason to start drilling in ANWR and off-shore. So what if it is going to take a while before it affects the oil supply, where are we going to be in 10-15 years?

That gives me hope for the stock market. But not much, at least not today.

As long as I can remember the stock market and the oil futures had this anti symbiotic relationship, where one would go up and the other down. Over this last slide everything is getting hammered. There are some oil speculators who have gotten completely wiped out over the last couple of months. Not to mention all the hedgers who are still held to prices per barrel in the 80s.

Last edited:

All the more reason to start drilling in ANWR and off-shore. So what if it is going to take a while before it affects the oil supply, where are we going to be in 10-15 years?

But I don't understand...if they're cutting oil production to get prices back up, how is drilling for more oil going to help?

I think it's because there is no oil crisis (or, at least, it's not as bad as they make it seem) and oil prices are manipulated by these big corporations illegally and immorally.

Julie -

I mean the U.S. should renew their drilling efforts in Alaska and off-shore. If we start now it's supposed to be 10 years before we see any effect from it; we should have started this in the 1980s when the oil crunch was going on back then. But if we don't ever start, nothing will ever happen. Instead of bailing out these banks that gave the bad mortgages, let's put it into this.

Not gonna happen, but I can vent a little!

$1.70 for regular unleaded and $2.60 for diesel this morning.
Paid $1.65 in Oak Grove, MO on Saturday.

Fill up this morning for $156 gal

$1.40 unleaded, $2.36 for diesel on the Kansas side.

Fill up this morning for $156 gal

And we thought $4 a gallon was bad. :tongue: I believe here in C-bus, OH it's around $1.43 just depends on what side of town you go to.

65.9 a litre up her in Canada.

1.59 regular...

you mean in south ontario. prices vary from province to province,region to region.for example, i'm paying 82 cents.

Send some of that our way. :alien2: I'd gladly pay 82 cents for gas. What's that equate to in US dollars?

Send some of that our way. :alien2: I'd gladly pay 82 cents for gas. What's that equate to in US dollars?

That would be like $3.10 CAD a gallon. In Canada it's in liters (3.7854118 liters per gallon). That would be like $2.54 a gallon, U.S. dollars.

The above is what I calculated, I think it's right?

An unleaded by my house dropped to $1.36 this morning.

That would be like $3.10 CAD a gallon. In Canada it's in liters (3.7854118 liters per gallon). That would be like $2.54 a gallon, U.S. dollars.

The above is what I calculated, I think it's right?

An unleaded by my house dropped to $1.36 this morning.

Well they can keep their gas then. This morning by my house gas was $1.79 and by work it was $1.59 I think.

About the cheapest I've seen around here is $1.75.

We've come down by about twenty pence a litre in the last few months. Cheapest around here is now 89.9p/litre.

It was $1.34 this morning and $1.50 when I came home.

Back