Gas Prices: What are you paying?

Just now in Bay Area (CA)E8011A25-AF9E-4C00-81B3-304E0E818CEC.jpeg

Just now in Bay Area (CA)View attachment 9123498
Supply and demand and taxes - plus I assume, a bit of gouging? I mean why/how on earth could your prices be almost $4 a gallon more than mine? What else is involved? I get that my highway and other taxes are lower - I get that my fuel does not need to travel as far. The rest (I assume) is demand - way more drivers in CA than SC. Still - wow, blown away.

And, this is 100% NOT political - it's taxes. I guess CA has more citizen benefits (that those taxes - and others) have to help pay for.

Supply and demand and taxes - plus I assume, a bit of gouging? I mean why/how on earth could your prices be almost $4 a gallon more than mine? What else is involved? I get that my highway and other taxes are lower - I get that my fuel does not need to travel as far. The rest (I assume) is demand - way more drivers in CA than SC. Still - wow, blown away.

And, this is 100% NOT political - it's taxes. I guess CA has more citizen benefits (that those taxes - and others) have to help pay for.
It's not just taxes, although I'm pretty sure CA has the highest gas taxes in the nation. It is also the designer Summer/Winter blends required here, which are more expensive and limits supply. Of course our supply is also manipulated by the oil refiners, need to boost that bottom line a bit, oops, refinery has to shut down for unscheduled maintenance, and prices jump overnight.

The bottom line though is that you really can't separate California gas prices from California politics, so I'll just stop here. :banghead:

It's not just taxes, although I'm pretty sure CA has the highest gas taxes in the nation. It is also the designer Summer/Winter blends required here, which are more expensive and limits supply. Of course our supply is also manipulated by the oil refiners, need to boost that bottom line a bit, oops, refinery has to shut down for unscheduled maintenance, and prices jump overnight.

The bottom line though is that you really can't separate California gas prices from California politics, so I'll just stop here. :banghead:
Understood, we had winter/summer in VA. UGH.

@JW Smoove - I know, its nuts. I am not sure California has anything on other states beyond the weather. Same, NOT political, but California also wastes alot. Taxes are way out of line and the roads are crumbling. There is also waste on programs that are a joke. Just facts.

Up $0.70 to $4.69 from my last fill up.

$3.54 my part of town. Into the "big city" it's 20 cents more. Glad I live 10 minutes out of town in the sticks.

Just filled up for today for $3.19 in Austin.

1664309916965.png

$4.99. There are no refineries in the PNW, so our gas is higher-priced because of transportation costs.
That, and you are paying double the taxes, or more, than many states.

I had fuel points from my local grocery store, and filled up for $2.759 cash today.

Paid $3.10 on Key Largo Sunday. I bet it’s not that price anymore.

Passed thru 4 states in past few days
PA about 3.75
CT about 3.19
RI about 3.09
MA about 3.29
Regular each

$4.04 today for premium at Costco.

Taxes and the fact the state requires its own formulary, which there are only a few refineries in the state with the capability of producing it.

$3.75 for 87 in Central PA. Filled up with 88 for $3.45.

Now $6 to $7 a gallon. We've seen gas rise $1 a gallon in just 10 days!

Still going up here, local stations were up to $5.999 over the weekend for Regular. That's up about $1.50 a gallon in three weeks, and I'm sure it will go up more this week, if it hasn't already.

Charlotte is 2.95 to 3.26 a gallon depending where you are without rewards or sams/costco.

Still going up here, local stations were up to $5.999 over the weekend for Regular. That's up about $1.50 a gallon in three weeks, and I'm sure it will go up more this week, if it hasn't already.

that is absolutely crazy.

$2.95 - $3.19

$3.19 last Wednesday. Will try get that again in two days 👍🏻

From AAA:

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 11.07.29 AM.png

Back