Gas Prices: What are you paying?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I've either seen or started this thread on several forums I've been to. What are the prices in your area for regular unleaded and diesel fuel? I think most people on this forum have their location in their profile that shows up when they post, but if you don't display it, say where you are from, or saying "It costs $1.95 by me" doesn't tell us where by me is!

It was a lot more interesting earlier in the year when it shot way up and just recently when it shot back down, but who knows how much lower it will go (I just KNEW there was no way it was going to reach $2.00, I was just hoping it would go below $2.50), or if it's gonna turn around and go back up again.

It's $1.85 for unleaded and $2.77 for diesel by my house, but I filled up two work trucks just across the river in Missouri for $1.78 during lunch.

I paid $1.91 the other day for gas, and diesel's still up around $2.89 here in Dallas.

I may be able to start driving the truck again if diesel stays where it is (I love my truck)

Paid 2.14 this morning. Filled up both the car and the SUV.

$2.29, but no complaints!

gas went way down for us, 89cents a litre now. Although tough to compare to gallons.

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters

$3.37 a gallon for you Dent.

Filled up the truck for $1.68/gal. today, first time it's been under $50.00 to fill up since I don't remember.

I thought I heard on the radio it was like $1.42 in Independence? Any idea on that, MO Hacker?

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters

$3.37 a gallon for you Dent.

That seems crazy based on where Dent is located. You would expect them to be giving it away.

I thought I heard on the radio it was like $1.42 in Independence? Any idea on that, MO Hacker?

I didn't see any that cheap, I was in Indep. this morning (QT on 291). Cheapest I have seen was $1.65 last weekend on 24 Highway at the QT there. Definitely not complaining I never thought I would see it under $3.00/gal again.

That seems crazy based on where Dent is located. You would expect them to be giving it away.

I wonder if the price is so high because of taxes? I don't know, I do know that when I was over in France the prices were outrageous, diesel over there would have been $4.50 to $5.00/gal.

I just filled up for $1.91 a gallon here in VA. I was close to empty so I gave the lady $20.00 and ended up overfilling the tank and spilling gas, just not use to the fact it's not $4 anymore(not that I'm complaining!!).

I paid 1.90 today, when in Ireland my cousins were filling up at 1.40 a litre, and with 1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters = a lot

NJ is about $2 and NY is about $2.50. I fill up when I'm in NJ.:beat-up:

Eh, just say four liters (or litres, if you must) to the gallon. And yeah, it's basically about taxes. Except for locations (California and Chicago come to mind) with very specific standards about what can be in the gasoline. Then you have supply issues as well.

Different blends are a huge part of what drives gasoline costs. California alone has some 30 different blends per one report I read.

We could knock down the price (a whole bunch), if the state legislators (in the lower 48) could all agree on a blend, to make the manufacture much easier.

I've read a dozen different explanations for why diesel costs more, and they're all a bunch of hooey. There's no excuse for it.

$2.99 today

1.85 virginia

Down 2 more cents for unleaded and 8 cents for diesel this morning ($1.83 and $2.69).

I heard on the radio this morning that only a month ago they were predicticting about $3.50 a gallon average for next summer but they have already revised it to about $2.40. They also said that though it sounds so much cheaper, it's at the expense of the rest of the economy. Sounds like they hit the nail on the head with that statement.

I heard on the radio this morning that only a month ago they were predicticting about $3.50 a gallon average for next summer but they have already revised it to about $2.40. They also said that though it sounds so much cheaper, it's at the expense of the rest of the economy. Sounds like they hit the nail on the head with that statement.

Remember how in early July, when gas was $4/gal, we all knew it would be $5 by Labor Day and $6 by the end of the year?

That gives me hope for the stock market. But not much, at least not today.

Back