Gatorade Drops Tiger Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger can never get what he deserves simply because no one will ever get the chance to do what he did. Tiger is too powerful. I mean, sure Elin could go and cheat on him with 60 guys, but then she wrecks her 500 million dollar entitlement. So really, because hes so powerfuly, nothing can be done, so it just needs to be accepted? and tiger can go back to being the wonderboy?

This is going to sound bad, but it's the truth.

Tiger is the world's best golfer, and it's not close.

He's not powerful because he's lucky, or born into it. He's powerful for the above reason, and the above reason alone.

It in no way excuses Tiger's behavior. All of us will now view Tiger in a different way because of it. He will lose money because of it.

That being said. What more can be done to him from a public perspective?

Keep in mind, he didn't break any laws. He committed a horrible act against his wife and family. Don't you think they should be the ones to figure out what he deserves?

IMO in no way possible will he ever get what he deserves for doing that to his wife and kids. 20 women is alot of women for a wife to look through. some people just seem to say "hes gone through enough already" when really he hasnt. We think he has gone through enough because we have heard enough. But he can never get what he deserves for his actions. People need to understand that

What you don't understand is that many of us condemn Tiger for his actions towards his wife, but separate Tiger the husband from Tiger the golfer and businessman.

What I don't understand are people who can't feel any compassion for a man who screwed up and is trying to rectify his mistakes.

What I don't understand are people who are so judgemental and self-rightous with their big books of no redemption, but sure go ahead and cast that first stone.

What you don't understand is that many of us condemn Tiger for his actions towards his wife, but separate Tiger the husband from Tiger the golfer and businessman.

What I don't understand are people who can't feel any compassion for a man who screwed up and is trying to rectify his mistakes.

What I don't understand are people who are so judgemental and self-rightous with their big books of no redemption, but sure go ahead and cast that first stone.

Good work.

Actually he may have broken a law. Their have been some discussions on other forums by folks who bring them selves off as lawyers that there are still some old laws on the books in Florida (statute 798.01) making the act of adultery a misdemeanor. Their argument is that even if he did not commit the act(s) in Florida, (no one knows for sure if he did, or did not) the victim (his wife) lived in the state. I have a family member who is a retired federal judge that concurs that if someone wanted to, they could drag up these old laws, argue for, and charge TW with adultery. She also thinks it would be a waste of time since the laws are very, very old, and rarely ever enforced. :confused2:
This is going to sound bad, but it's the truth.

Tiger is the world's best golfer, and it's not close.

He's not powerful because he's lucky, or born into it. He's powerful for the above reason, and the above reason alone.

It in no way excuses Tiger's behavior. All of us will now view Tiger in a different way because of it. He will lose money because of it.

That being said. What more can be done to him from a public perspective?

Keep in mind, he didn't break any laws. He committed a horrible act against his wife and family. Don't you think they should be the ones to figure out what he deserves?

Actually he may have broken a law. Their have been some discussions on other forums by folks who bring them selves off as lawyers that there are still some old laws on the books in Florida (statute 798.01) making the act of adultery a misdemeanor. Their argument is that even if he did not commit the act(s) in Florida, (no one knows for sure if he did, or did not) the victim (his wife) lived in the state. I have a family member who is a retired federal judge that concurs that if someone wanted to, they could drag up these old laws, argue for, and charge TW with adultery. She also thinks it would be a waste of time since the laws are very, very old, and rarely ever enforced. :confused2:

Ummmmmmmm, in that case, the state of Florida can get ready to have it's courts' work load double in size.

Seriously, that's ridiculous. Adultery is a crime from about every religious aspect, but not a criminal aspect to where the courts get involved.

Let's get real.

Yes and in CT, it's against the law to walk backwards after sunset. I think all states still have obsolete laws that haven't been repealed.

I have no clue if it was related to last week's statement, but it seems pretty wishy-wshy on Gatorade's part. It comes across as if they waited for public reaction and opinion polls before acting, instead of making a principled (perhaps) decision early on.

Yes it sure appears that way. I see now that it seems it was a business decision based on the reaction (like you said) of the speech rather than the speech itself.

Yes it sure appears that way. I see now that it seems it was a business decision based on the reaction (like you said) of the speech rather than the speech itself.

So what's the message?

That if you drink Gatorade you'll lose control and may engage in activities that could hurt your reputation and cause grief in your marriage?

I'll bet the beer companies will be relieved to hear that!

-JP

I also agree.

I'll add that although I'm disappointed in Tiger (as a person not golfer), I mostly feel sorry for him for being so naive and foolish not seeing the implications of his actions.

"Disappointed" is a good word.

He's hardly the first person who has engaged in adulterous behavior and he certainly won't be the last, so I really don't understand all the hatred that people display towards him.

Could it be that many such people see themselves in Tiger and their anger towards him is simply a Freudian indictment of their own behavior?

Things that make you go, Hmmm...

-JP

He's hardly the first person who has engaged in adulterous behavior and he certainly won't be the last, so I really don't understand all the hatred that people display towards him.

Could it be that many such people see themselves in Tiger and their anger towards him is simply a Freudian indictment of their own behavior?

-JP

I'm in the same boat that wonders why all the hate towards him?

Like I stated earlier, it's as though some ENJOY any and all bad things that come out about him.

Some never liked him to begin with, for whatever reason, and now this all came out, they finally have a "reason".

(emphasis on the quotation marks there)

What does he deserve? We can debate that all day long.

Would he get what he deserves if he loses a lot of money? Which he already has, and will lose a lot more if Elin leaves him. For all the humiliation, and the tough situation that Elin is in because of her husband right now, trust me, she's easily set for life, as are her children. So, let's not think that Elin is sulking at home all day long since this all came out.

that makes it sound like its all about the money for her. she probably couldnt care less about the money. she probably really loved the guy. and now he has hurt her in a huge way. just because she is "set for life" doesnt mean she hasnt been hurt by all of this.... then again, maybe it is all about the money, lol, who really knows? :confused2:

-JP

I'm in the same boat that wonders why all the hate towards him?

Like I stated earlier, it's as though some ENJOY any and all bad things that come out about him.

Some never liked him to begin with, for whatever reason, and now this all came out, they finally have a "reason".

(emphasis on the quotation marks there)

What's so hard to understand. Try listening to what everyone keeps saying. Tiger chose to put his name and reputation behind things such as the First Tee program and has worked extremely hard to convinse the masses that he was this super dad and husband. We find out it was all a sham, so why would his fan's not stick with him? Seem's like an odd question thats been answered a thousand times.

What's so hard to understand. Try listening to what everyone keeps saying. Tiger chose to put his name and reputation behind things such as the First Tee program and has worked extremely hard to convinse the masses that he was this super dad and husband. We find out it was all a sham, so why would his fan's not stick with him? Seem's like an odd question thats been answered a thousand times.

I answer it very easily.

IF a person puts a lot of stock into a pro athlete being a role model, and/or someone they want their kids to look up to, then that person is a moron who should have known better.

I like him as a golfer, and that's the extent of it, and it always was.

It's really that simple.

But you're confusing intent with action.

What you're saying implies that Tiger willfully disregarded all of those things and that it was all part of some intent to defraud people and I think that's complete nonsense.

When a person is involved in any type of addictive behavior, there is rarely, if ever, an awareness that their behavior will have any type of impact - good or bad - on their "normal" lives. It's quite likely that Tiger saw his transgressions as a series of "one time" events and I'm also quite sure that afterward, he told himself that that was the last time he'd ever do such a thing.

There's no sham or deception here. All there is is a man who got involved in behavior that I'm sure he thought he could control, or that he thought was simply "out of character" and that he would "never do again", just as millions of alcoholics believe they don't have a drinking problem and write off an out-of-control experience as some minor aberration.

At no time are they likely to be aware of any consequence beyond their immediate sense of remorse and in Tiger's case, I'm sure he never really made the connection between what he did and who he was.

-JP

I like to watch good golf (golf shots) being played. This also means I like to watch Tiger play golf. He was, and may still be the best out there at making great golf shots. I hope he comes back as good as ever, but that remains to be seen.

Now do I have a special place in my heart for Tiger the human being? No. Actually, I never thought good, or bad about about the non golfing Tiger even before last Turkey Day. If any anything I thought the off course good stuff he had going on, was a good cover for his arrogance, and secretiveness. That said, I don't have a very good opinion of anyone who screws over their own family, regardless of the reason.

Do I want him to come back and play golf? Yes. However, the way some of these other guys are playing right now, and as low as they are going at some of these tournaments, that is good golf being played. If they as a collective group keep playing this well, eventually the media will have some different horses to ride. Tiger can stay away as long as he needs to, or wants to.

I like to watch good golf (golf shots) being played. This also means I like to watch Tiger play golf. He was, and may still be the best out there at making great golf shots. I hope he comes back as good as ever, but that remains to be seen.

Now do I have a special place in my heart for Tiger the human being? No. Actually, I never thought good, or bad about about the non golfing Tiger even before last Turkey Day. If any anything I thought the off course good stuff he had going on, was a good cover for his arrogance, and secretiveness. That said, I don't have a very good opinion of anyone who screws over their own family, regardless of the reason.

Do I want him to come back and play golf? Yes. However, the way some of these other guys are playing right now, and as low as they are going at some of these tournaments, that is good golf being played. If they as a collective group keep playing this well, eventually the media will have some different horses to ride. Tiger can stay away as long as he needs to, or wants to.

You and many of us will watch, enjoy, and pay attention to golf regardless, because we're true golf fans. Nothing happening with ONE player will ever change that.

However, thinking or saying golf isn't affected by not having Tiger playing is foolish and ignorant.

I would compare it to Michael Jordan being out of basketball during his prime. Sure, the big basketball fans will still watch, but the NBA overall would suffer. I, for one, stopped paying much attention to the NBA when Jordan "retired". But, when he came back, I caught every game on TV.

Many are like that w/ golf and Tiger.

I answer it very easily.

IF a person puts a lot of stock into a pro athlete being a role model, and/or someone they want their kids to look up to, then that person is a moron who should have known better.

I like him as a golfer, and that's the extent of it, and it always was.

It's really that simple.

That simple eh? Is that why you get your panties in a wad every time someone mentions anything about Tigers off the course behavior?

But you're confusing intent with action.

What you're saying implies that Tiger willfully disregarded all of those things and that it was all part of some intent to defraud people and I think that's complete nonsense.

When a person is involved in any type of addictive behavior, there is rarely, if ever, an awareness that their behavior will have any type of impact - good or bad - on their "normal" lives. It's quite likely that Tiger saw his transgressions as a series of "one time" events and I'm also quite sure that afterward, he told himself that that was the last time he'd ever do such a thing.

There's no sham or deception here. All there is is a man who got involved in behavior that I'm sure he thought he could control, or that he thought was simply "out of character" and that he would "never do again", just as millions of alcoholics believe they don't have a drinking problem and write off an out-of-control experience as some minor aberration.

At no time are they likely to be aware of any consequence beyond their immediate sense of remorse and in Tiger's case, I'm sure he never really made the connection between what he did and who he was.

-JP

JP, you couldn't understand why people felt the way they did about Tiger. I just explained it to you from my view and some others, yet you didn't like my view, so you come up with what sounds like a serious illness. I have no illusions about Tiger. Nor does Gatorade. Athletes are people to be looked up to, if they are great at what the do. Unfortunately, many young people can't separate what they do on and off the course in terms of right and wrong. Tiger is a very sick person that needs help, but to say he didn't understand what he was doing each and every time was wrong is just another attempt to keep him on that pedestal.

I will love watching him play golf, but will not cheer for him like I have in the past. He's an embarrassment to the game of golf, IMHO!

That simple eh? Is that why you get your panties in a wad every time someone mentions anything about Tigers off the course behavior?

"panties in a wad"???

Let's at least keep this on a mature level. Fair?

I have a problem w/ those who put too much into off the course stuff. Like I've consistently said, it's personal, off the course stuff that he and his family need to deal with on their own time and however they want.

You and everyone else has the right to think about him what you want, but hating the guy and relishing in his demise says more about that person than anything else.

And, like I said earlier, if you were someone who put Tiger into a "role model" kind of light, then shame on you for doing that in the first place.

Any decent parent can show their kids who their real role models are.

I'll let you and everyone else guess who they should be.

And, like I said earlier, if you were someone who put Tiger into a "role model" kind of light, then shame on you for doing that in the first place.

Yeah, all the youngsters in the First Tee Program should not have looked up to Tiger Woods. Where they talk about him directly as being an honest and moral role model for all youths. The entire program is based on role models and looking up to those in the right capacity. AND TIGER CHOSE TO BE THEIR GUY!!!

"panties in a wad"???

Let's at least keep this on a mature level. Fair?
I have a problem w/ those who put too much into off the course stuff. Like I've consistently said, it's personal, off the course stuff that he and his family need to deal with on their own time and however they want.

You and everyone else has the right to think about him what you want, but hating the guy and relishing in his demise says more about that person than anything else.

I'll let you and everyone else guess who they should be.

No sir. What you said was that we were "Morons". The whole concept of role models for kids, especially inner city kids is a good and worth while program. Yes, parents should be positive role models, but to make the statement that athletes should not be is simply not very intelligent, sorry. Ask President Obama if he supports the First Tee program. Ask child psychologists if positive role modeling by athletes is a good thing.

He has a problem remembering what he said duey. Happens all the time.

Yeah, all the youngsters in the First Tee Program should not have looked up to Tiger Woods. Where they talk about him directly as being an honest and moral role model for all youths. The entire program is based on role models and looking up to those in the right capacity. AND TIGER CHOSE TO BE THEIR GUY!!!

Can you say for sure that he WASN'T good for the kids, at least in some ways? (work ethic, relationship w/ parents, etc)

Look, I know the point being made here and there is no way to sugar coat it. Tiger screwed up badly, and now, everything he has ever done is looked at now as being very hypocritical. And I can't say that that line of thinking is incorrect, because it does have merit.

But, let's not persecute the guy to death because he was a "false idol" of sorts to some kids. A parent can instead use Tiger as a lesson to show kids that people screw up and do stupid things, even people like Tiger.

Would you rather have Tiger said NO to the program? Along w/ the donations from him?

Can you say for sure that he WASN'T good for the kids, at least in some ways? (work ethic, relationship w/ parents, etc)

Would you rather have Tiger said NO to the program? Along w/ the donations from him?

Ummm, yes?

Well, actually, I'll give you this: a little bit of good, a whole lotta bad.

And are you saying because he gave money to the program we should just let it all go, because, come on, now, it's Tiger. He should get special treatment (per you).

Wouldn't it be a bit tough at this point for a parent to point out how tiger screwed up? I think the picture of a bunch of ho's might be a tad tough on the little people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back