Gatorade Drops Tiger Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What questions would those be, snicker?

What have I avoided or ran from?

Nike - I don't think you've avoided answering anything; however, I am curious about something. What is your goal? Do you want to convince us to agree with you? Or something else? That's what I can't figure out - we seem to have left Tiger behind and you seem to be focusing on people's "moral compass" so to speak. For me - that's not up for debate or discussion. Tiger is fair game though.

Nike - I don't think you've avoided answering anything; however, I am curious about something. What is your goal? Do you want to convince us to agree with you? Or something else? That's what I can't figure out - we seem to have left Tiger behind and you seem to be focusing on people's "moral compass" so to speak. For me - that's not up for debate or discussion. Tiger is fair game though.

You of all people should realize that this is a message board. Opinions are shared on a daily basis. Some want to steer clear of volatile issues. I'm almost drawn to them.

I'm not the one who brought morals into this. But, it turned out to be something that I keyed on in my argument. I wasn't questioning anyone's morals, as I agree, that's not up for discussion or debate.

I was questioning what someone's morals will say about certain things versus other certain things.

longshanks made some good points and posed some great questions...

those must have slipped past.

they very well must have.

when I'm debating and trying to address up to five people at the same time, it's kind of hard to get to everyone.

I guess that's my fault?

they very well must have.

when I'm debating and trying to address up to five people at the same time, it's kind of hard to get to everyone.

I guess that's my fault?

so now that you have the time, go back, and address those questions.

I think this thread has gotten a little heated. Just a question Nike, what does Tiger Woods mean to you?

You of all people should realize that this is a message board. Opinions are shared on a daily basis. Some want to steer clear of volatile issues. I'm almost drawn to them.

I'm not the one who brought morals into this. But, it turned out to be something that I keyed on in my argument. I wasn't questioning anyone's morals, as I agree, that's not up for discussion or debate.

I was questioning what someone's morals will say about certain things versus other certain things.

I'll say it again - forums are two dimensional so you can't always tell everyone's intent. Yours was not clear. I understand now though.

I think this thread has gotten a little heated. Just a question Nike, what does Tiger Woods mean to you?

To me, TW is the best golfer that I've ever seen. I enjoy watching him play something that has become something that I love. (the sport of golf)

I enjoy his fire and his passion for the game. I like knowing that he wants to go out and win every tournament, and is never satisfied in anything but a win.

Today, that's so hard to find in a golfer, and in a pro athlete in general.

That's about it. That's really what I think of Tiger. It always was.

Personally, Tiger has done nothing to me. I made the concious decision a while ago to be a fan of his for the above reasons and that hasn't changed one bit.

Those questions that I missed were in regards to the whole role model business.

JPSuff just made an excellent post summing that issue up beautifully.

Take a look at that.

To me, TW is the best golfer that I've ever seen. I enjoy watching him play something that has become something that I love. (the sport of golf)

I enjoy his fire and his passion for the game. I like knowing that he wants to go out and win every tournament, and is never satisfied in anything but a win.

Today, that's so hard to find in a golfer, and in a pro athlete in general.

That's about it. That's really what I think of Tiger. It always was.

Personally, Tiger has done nothing to me. I made the concious decision a while ago to be a fan of his for the above reasons and that hasn't changed one bit.

Than why are you so hell bent on defending him. Not defending his actions, but almost defending him against everyone elses opinions on this thread.

NikeGolf said:
Those questions that I missed were in regards to the whole role model business.

JPSuff just made an excellent post summing that issue up beautifully.

Take a look at that.

uhhh.....I'm more interested in your opinion to his questions.

I understand if you don't want to give it.

oh and I on the other hand have read every post in this thread so I've already read JP's views.

I don't need your help.

Than why are you so hell bent on defending him. Not defending his actions, but almost defending him against everyone elses opinions on this thread.

I gave my reasons for defending him in this very thread.

And it may seem like hell bent only because it's basically one against all.

I really don't have that "hell bent" attitude about it, however.

uhhh.....I'm more interested in your opinion to his questions.

I understand if you don't want to give it.

oh and I on the other hand have read every post in this thread so I've already read JP's views.

I don't need your help.

What's the deal here?

I fully agreed and now "endorse" JP's post regarding those issues. He said it better than I ever did.

(I see what you're trying to do here snicker, but you're playing w/ the big boys now. Your little game isn't going to work)

I gave my reasons for defending him in this very thread.

And it may seem like hell bent only because it's basically one against all.

I really don't have that "hell bent" attitude about it, however.

the 'hell bent' attitude speaks to consistency. and you have the consistency of a mosquito. Calling out everyone on their opinions and comparisons. Tigers a great golfer who crossed the line. He is a hero and role model to people (who can be identified) and the fact that people feel offended when tiger is insulted is IMO ridiculous.

I never enjoyed watching TW play golf. I found his on course demeanor to be childish and boorish. His behavior couldn't be excused because of his "intensity". I watched Jack Nicklaus play in his prime and found him "intense" with out the pouting, club throwing, spitting, cursing, and what not.

I hope when TW returns to golf he'll have a bit more respect for the game and the fans. IMHO he and his caddy felt they were bigger than the game and their arrogance was tedious.

Re: Gatorade Drops Tiger Woods.

NikeGolf said:
What's the deal here?

I fully agreed and now "endorse" JP's post regarding those issues. He said it better than I ever did.

(I see what you're trying to do here snicker, but you're playing w/ the big boys now. Your little game isn't going to work)

bwahahahahhaha!

you think I've never played with the big boys?

bwahahahahhaha!

you think I've never played with the big boys?

hahahaha.... I thought you might like that.........

To answer your question:

In a relevant way? No.

I dont feel its appropriate to put yourself above anyone in this thread. Maybe you and your big boys need to understand that snicker is no different on this thread than you or I. Jb and GG are the big boys(for lack of a better term, sorry GG), and you obviously arent open-minded enough to be put onto the same level as them.

A word of warning NG. Doodles can take care of herself, but I don't take kindly to personal insults to people I consider my friends.

Unless you want to find out what it's like to really be insulted and knocked down a peg, I suggest you back off. Far.

Locking this one up, enough running in circles and enough of the personal stuff. Lets get back to respectful conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back