Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
This is a thread to post current or upcoming golfing outings to be held in Georgia.

CURRENT INFORMATION (will be updated as information changes)
georgiaGT-1.jpg

Here's the scorecard for Old Union: http://olduniongolf.com/home/oldunio...y-1-2009-2.pdf

Here's the scorecard for Butternut Creek: http://butternutcreekgolf.com/pdf/scoreCard.pdf

Saturday will be played at Butternut Creek. Tee times will begin at 9:00 a.m. and each group will tee off on number 1 behind each other in order listed below. I have reserved 5 tee times for that morning.

Saturday scramble will depend on amount of time remaining after morning round. I'm hoping we will be able to get in at least 9 holes.

Sunday will be played at Old Union. Tee times will begin at 9:00 a.m. and each group will tee off on number 1 behind each other in order listed below. I have reserved 5 tee times for that morning too but looks like we will only need 4.

Click on the link below for instructions on how to get to the cabins:

http://g.co/maps/8wvta
  • Grays Cabin Turnoff to:
    • Blairsville - 15.1 miles (23 minutes)
    • TOADs Cabin - 21.1 miles (32 minutes)
    • Old Union - 8.9 miles (16 minutes)
  • TOADs Cabin to:
    • Blairsville - 6.3 miles - (10 minutes)
    • Grays Cabin Turnoff - 21.1 miles (32 minutes)
    • Old Union - 12.3 miles (16 minutes)
Cabin Mates

ole gray
kellybo
setho
dawgdaddy & Wife
sw
adwillingham
bert willinham

Total = 7

toad
bama
chewie69
danny
bruce
butters35
dmb012

Total = 7

Last edited:
Hope you guys have a nice weekend, Bill. Wish I could join you :)

Hope you guys have a nice weekend, Bill. Wish I could join you :)

We would absolutely love to have ya Ryan and thanks for the well wishes. It should be a really fun weekend.

Last edited:
Gray I need to hear your sayings in person sometime. North Georgia or Tenn isn't too bad of a drive..I might have to make one of these if you'd have me!!

Here's the link to the course we hope to play on Saturday:

http://longshadowgolf.com/amenities/

JRod - Ole Gray is really very sophisticated in person. It's all pretend online! Yeah right! :D Come join us anytime. I personally want to go to Old Union. Maybe we can plan a day there soon.

BTW - if anyone wants to join us on Sunday at Long Shadow, let us know and we'll add you to the tee time(s).

Here's the link to the course we hope to play on Saturday:

http://longshadowgolf.com/amenities/

JRod - Ole Gray is really very sophisticated in person. It's all pretend online! Yeah right! :D Come join us anytime. I personally want to go to Old Union. Maybe we can plan a day there soon.

BTW - if anyone in the area wants to join us on Sunday at Long Shadow, let us know and we'll add you to the tee time(s).

Why hell yea I'm sophisticated :angry:! What you talking bout woman :D.... JRod it would be great to get together and we have a fairly good size get together in the North Ga. mountains around October. But yea, we could do Old Union anytime this summer as it's a superb golf course and well worth the drive :thumb: I bet we could scare up a few other THP'ers for a get together there:golf2:?

Last edited:
I hate to have to post this and I hope you all don't mind but I just have to make the disclaimer that this is not a part of the yearly Official THP outing that we do. I am only posting this because we will start to get questions about why we don't have equipment coming to this or why we can't have the official outing in other states.

I love seeing everyone organize these great golf get togethers and I hope we see a lot more of these over the course of 2011. I just want to make sure everyone knows that these are individually organized by a group of THP members and is not a part of the Official outing we do each year. With all that said I really hope you all have a blast!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to have to post this and I hope you all don't mind but I just have to make the disclaimer that this is not a part of the yearly Official THP outing that we do. I am only posting this because we will start to get questions about why we don't have equipment coming to this or why we can't have the official outing in other states.

I love seeing everyone organize these great golf get togethers and I hope we see a lot more of these over the course of 2011. I just want to make sure everyone knows that these are individually organized by a group of THP members and is not a part of the Official outing we do each year. With all that said I really hope you all have a blast!!!!!!!!!!

Well stated GG and glad you made this point. It is not associated with the full blown THP outings held each year. Just indepent Southeastern Ga. style with only golf, no club testing, etc. Just a good old fashion local golf outing .

Gray,
Maybe we could change the name to get togethers or take the year off so we dont get some people confused? I hate to say it but I already received an email from someone confused and wondering if we were having outings in GA now. Thanks.

Well stated GG and glad you made this point. It this is not associated with the full blown THP outings held each year. Just indepent Southeastern Ga. style with only golf, no club testing, etc. Just a good old fashion local golf outing .

Well, there may be some club testing if Rx and I get our forged irons in time :D

Glad you posted that GG! This is just some friends getting together to shoot the breeze, drink some beer and play some golf.

Gray,
Maybe we could change the name to get togethers or take the year off so we dont get some people confused? I hate to kill it but I already received an email from someone confused and wondering if we were having outings in GA now. Thanks.

Sounds great with the Georgia get togethers. Can ya change it for me?

Long Shadow is one of my favorite layouts. I try to get out there as much as possible. Its a great deal when you book online too.

What time you planning to tee off on Saturday? I would like to be there even if your 4 some and I are all that shows, I would like to meet 2 more THPers.

I can't wait to make one of these trips!!!!!!! I need a few days just to unwind. Nothing says unwind like a little vacation south!

I can't wait to make one of these trips!!!!!!! I need a few days just to unwind. Nothing says unwind like a little vacation south!

Absolutely! If only I were a little closer so the flights wouldn't empty out my wallet..... Have fun guys!!

What time you planning to tee off on Saturday? I would like to be there even if your 4 some and I are all that shows, I would like to meet 2 more THPers.

It would be great to have ya & you meeting two more THP'ers! Both are really fun guys and a blast to play golf with.

RxGus wants to play 36 holes Saturday and KellyBo will most likely opt out of the morning round (too cold for her). It will most likely be at 09:00 a.m. if there is no frost on the greens. We will see you there :golf2:!

Last edited:
What time are you looking to play Sunday?

Long Shadow is one of my favorite layouts. I try to get out there as much as possible. Its a great deal when you book online too.

Why don't you join us Sunday? Maybe we can get JohnDeere, SeeMoreGuy, DawgDaddy, & a few more. We just need to know so we can set the tee times.

What time are you looking to play Sunday?

Around noonish. It depends on how many foursomes we have signed up. It would be great to have you come!

Back