Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have fun this weekend guys, that course looks really nice! Get plenty of pics and enjoy it!!!

Have a great time guys, hope you all have a blast

:freaked-out:

Long Shadow - 1 mile from I-20 Exit 114

Slammin'SAM - 2 miles from I-20 Exit 194

So you'll be 'Getting Together' just 83 miles away, just over an hour to Madison for me - and I have to work Saturday and Sunday. All I can say is "Rats!"

BTW - they got 6 inches of snow and ice in that area - I hope it is gone by Sunday - the forecast is great. And when you are done, ya might want to go a few miles toward Atlanta to Exit 98 and eat at the Blue Willow Inn. It is a Southern buffet in an antebellum type mansion, very nice, about $18 (and at their website is a 20% off deal).

Last edited:
Just checked with theweatherchannel.com and the sun in shinning the next couple of days with temps in the 40's and 50's the next 3 days. The lows at night will be 32, so it is looking pretty good for Sunday. I wish I could be there Sunday, but I am really looking forward to Saturday morning so I get to meet RxGus and SethO. I am excited about that and playing golf is an added bonus.
+1 on the Blue Willow Inn my wife and I really do like to eat there. I know there will be more opportunities for THP'ers to get together soon.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USGA0347

:freaked-out:

Long Shadow - 1 mile from I-20 Exit 114

Slammin'SAM - 2 miles from I-20 Exit 194

So you'll be 'Getting Together' just 83 miles away, just over an hour to Madison for me - and I have to work Saturday and Sunday. All I can say is "Rats!"

BTW - they got 6 inches of snow and ice in that area - I hope it is gone by Sunday - the forecast is great. And when you are done, ya might want to go a few miles toward Atlanta to Exit 98 and eat at the Blue Willow Inn. It is a Southern buffet in an antebellum type mansion, very nice, about $18 (and at their website is a 20% off deal).

Sam - Man it is about time you hooked up with some of your fellow THP'ers and hit a few! We will have a few more get togethers and I know you will be with us sometime in 2011. Kelly called the Pro shop at Long Shadow yesterday and they are open for play Sunday so hopefully most of the white stuff will be melted. If not, I will make sure to have some orange balls in my pants. Or yellow ones :D

Just checked with theweatherchannel.com and the sun in shinning the next couple of days with temps in the 40's and 50's the next 3 days. The lows at night will be 32, so it is looking pretty good for Sunday. I wish I could be there Sunday, but I am really looking forward to Saturday morning so I get to meet RxGus and SethO. I am excited about that and playing golf is an added bonus.
+1 on the Blue Willow Inn my wife and I really do like to eat there. I know there will be more opportunities for THP'ers to get together soon.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USGA0347

Dawg -- It will be alot of fun Saturday morning for sure. I went out today and played and the course is in good shape considering the ice/slush stuff we have been dealing with the last few days. The fairways were actually pretty dry. I suppose the heavy winds we had yesterday did the trick... See ya Saturday morning!

One day i will end up living down south, hopefully sooner than later! Can't wait to meet you guys sometime, ya'll sound like a blast!

One day i will end up living down south, hopefully sooner than later! Can't wait to meet you guys sometime, ya'll sound like a blast!

Well you got a good start with the Southern stuff already good buddy:thumb:

I always get crap at work cause I say reckon too, I don't even know where I picked it up.

You're training to be a Georgia boy :D

Got off the phone with Ole Gray not to long ago- I am already talking with a bit of a southern drawl!

Ok so any of you guys on here that have mentioned interest in the get together, we need to get together and firm up plans for Sunday, at Long Shadow. KellyBo is going to call in our tee time or times tomorrow, pending on how many are in. Sooooooooo if we need two tee times, speak up now or we will see ya next time.

Got off the phone with Ole Gray not to long ago- I am already talking with a bit of a southern drawl!

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow Kyle! Have a great trip down and see ya around 3:30 p.m. :blob:

Just wait on the ribbing you get when you get back home. You should pick up a pretty good accent here in central Georgia.

DD,

You joining us for both rounds saturday or just in the afternoon?

DD,

You joining us for both rounds saturday or just in the afternoon?

My understanding is I am gonna play Sat morn @ 9 & KellyBo is gonna play in the p.m. Kelly does not like the cold and I am getting to the age that I rarely play 36 anymore. Just a fact of life. Looking forward to meeting you Sat.

Last edited:
Y'all have yerselves a rip tootin good ole time. I'm pretty darn sure your gonna be happier than a pig in slop and a three legged dog in a used pet store playing golf with Ole Gray & KellyBo I know I was when I played with them last week, wind & all!

Y'all have yerselves a rip tootin good ole time. I'm pretty darn sure your gonna be happier than a pig in slop and a three legged dog in a used pet store playing golf with Ole Gray & KellyBo I know I was when I played with them last week, wind & all!
I hate I missed getting to meet you Mary, maybe next time through. I live only 20 minutes from Lake Jonesco Golf Course.

Last edited:
I hate I missed getting to meet you Mary, maybe next time through. I live only 20 minutes from Lake Jonesco Golf Cours.

That would be great if you could join us next time. I really enjoyed my round there and there are a few holes (16) I need to get revenge on.

That would be great if you could join us next time. I really enjoyed my round there and there are a few holes (16) I need to get revenge on.

That means you hit it left, you can't hit left on 16. Been there, done that many times.

That means you hit it left, you can't hit left on 16. Been there, done that many times.

Nope didn't hit it left. Hit it right up the middle.

Nope didn't hit it left. Hit it right up the middle.
Thats the par 3 with the lake on the left, so I assumed you pulled it into the water.

Tee time set for 1:00 pm on Sunday but the greens still have snow and it is a tentative tee time. We can play 5 people as long as we keep up pace and let people through if necessary! If anyone else wants to join, we can always have two groups too.

Tee time set for 1:00 pm on Sunday but the greens still have snow and it is a tentative tee time. We can play 5 people as long as we keep up pace and let people through if necessary! If anyone else wants to join, we can always have two groups too.
Sounds good, I was thinking about coming over this afternoon and getting in a round, do you think you will be open this afternoon?

Sounds good, I was thinking about coming over this afternoon and getting in a round, do you think you will be open this afternoon?

I hope to get a little range time in the late afternoon. Perhaps we'll bump into each other!

Tapatalk- doesn't cure a slice...

Back