Get a Grip - Favorite iron grip of all time?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What’s yours?

I love the GP MCC Align +4. I had them installed 2x now on my irons. I actually have gone from using a glove to not using a glove with them. Unless of course I am playing a marathon day of golf or for multiple days in a row but even then I won’t use the glove a whole lot. For my putter I have the new GP Pro runner grip which I switched to from a SS 3.0 with the GP I have a much better feel with my putter now than I did with the SS.

• Staff
ALL TIME for me is the original UTx with the rough cord action that seems to have wimped away over the years.

Tour Velvet - its the GOAT of iron grips.

1579117242705.png
One and only

ALL TIME for me is the original UTx with the rough cord action that seems to have wimped away over the years.
Man I thought the recent versions had less cord but I thought I was going crazy.

I love the look of the NDMC's, but they tend to get too rough for me. I have been enjoying my UTx's in the dark grey.

• Staff
Man I thought the recent versions had less cord but I thought I was going crazy.

I love the look of the NDMC's, but they tend to get too rough for me. I have been enjoying my UTx's in the dark grey.
I feel the same way, so maybe we are both crazy?

I feel the same way, so maybe we are both crazy?
Well...yea but I didn't think this was the reason at least haha

Oh man I forgot about the UTX. I loved the blue ones I had that had specs of red in them!

I will say Align +4

As best my memory serves me I have to say it is the Golf Pride MCC Align +4. I will admit until the past 7 or 8 years I didn't pay much attention to grips so that is far back as my favorite category can go.

The original Golf pride MCC. Not a fan of the +4 as much

I have to say the GP Tour Velvet. I'm using the +4 right now, but I could go for the original, too.

GP New Decade for me. Lamkin would be my second choice.

CP2 pro. Soft and great in moist conditions

My favourite is my current grips, Pure DTX.

No matter what I try, I always seem to end up back with midsize GP Tour Velvets :cool:

Golf Pride BCT, though the Golf Pride Z Cord Align may soon overtake it.

The best grip ever was the golf pride victory cord midsized grip with the rib or reminder. Some tour guys still can get them but no longer for sale retail.

Really enjoying the GP MCC Align grips, just a comfort knowing my hands are in the correct spot with that Align ridge along the back of each grip. I have tried other grips in stores and have consistently gone back to the MCC each time. Have done Align +4 last year and decided to go back to the regular MCC Align and make my own version, so it's more of a +2.

Plus the Align +4 only came in grey and I like the pop of white on my grips.

Back