Getting my driver shortened. What grip should I get?

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I have finally given up on my TM SF 2.0 and am going to get it shortened to the length of my previous driver that I was hitting great. For whatever reason, I just can't figure out the little extra length on this club. I am hitting the rest of my woods and Mashie great, but the extra length on the driver is killing me. With that said, what grip would you recommend? I am going at lunch today to get it done so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DR

Man this question is so subjective in my opinion. There are lots of great grips out there right now. I like the Winns that I have now but I am also looking at going to Golf Pride. Both are great brands. I saw just go and check some out and get what feels best in your hand.

Man this question is so subjective in my opinion. There are lots of great grips out there right now. I like the Winns that I have now but I am also looking at going to Golf Pride. Both are great brands. I saw just go and check some out and get what feels best in your hand.

Yeah I know it is subjective, but I guess from a wear and durability standpoint I am looking for what will hold up the best.

I have finally given up on my TM SF 2.0 and am going to get it shortened to the length of my previous driver that I was hitting great. For whatever reason, I just can't figure out the little extra length on this club. I am hitting the rest of my woods and Mashie great, but the extra length on the driver is killing me. With that said, what grip would you recommend? I am going at lunch today to get it done so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DR

I just regripped my Driver with the GolfPride New Decadecompound grip. It is part rubber and part cord and I love it. Definately consider it.

I just regripped my Driver with the GolfPride New Decadecompound grip. It is part rubber and part cord and I love it. Definately consider it.

Thats pretty sharp looking. I like it alot.

Most pro shops can now re-use the grip that they take off. When i had my driver shortened they just reused the old (only been on 6 months) new decade.

Most pro shops can now re-use the grip that they take off. When i had my driver shortened they just reused the old (only been on 6 months) new decade.

Yeah I know. I am not overly fond of the stock grip on my club so I figured now was a good time to change it out.

Ah ok. Well i can recommend a GP New Decade.

Have you been fitted for a grip before? Ping has a great system for determining the correct grip size for each player and you would be surprised how much having a grip fit to you can make a difference.

I have these grips on all of my clubs and love them

I'm a fan of these since switching and durable to boot.

I really like the Black Widow Tour Silk grips

I love the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound grips, especially on my driver. I also really hope you've considered getting additional wraps dude. I wrap mine one extra time and I believe it to be a lot more comfortable.

I also hear it's supposed to reduce joint pain in your hands by having a larger grip, as well as being more likely to hit straighter shots... Not positive on those though, someone is welcome to confirm or deny them.

I also hear it's supposed to reduce joint pain in your hands by having a larger grip, as well as being more likely to hit straighter shots... Not positive on those though, someone is welcome to confirm or deny them.

This is why I mentioned above how important it is to be fitted for your grips.

Whatever grip you go with, put a needle in the grip end and pump glue(30 grams worth) into it and put tape over the hole. Leave it upside down to dry. Counterweight that sucker, because the Heavy Driver rules.

I love the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound grips, especially on my driver. I also really hope you've considered getting additional wraps dude. I wrap mine one extra time and I believe it to be a lot more comfortable.

I had not considered that. Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean extra wraps?

extra wraps mean how many layers of tape you put underneath.

A grip that is too think for you will make hook spin worse, a larger grip take the hands out of the shot.

That why some players use massive putter grips to completly take the hands/wrists out of the shot. Obvioulsy dont go mad but if you have normal/ large hands consider at least 2 layers of tape underneath.

I would vote for the golf pride new decade I just got one on a new wedge that I ordered (didnt know it came with this grip) and I really like it a lot they are a little pricey though especially if your going to re grip a full set
I have looked into the Avon and Sharpro brands I have heard that they feel just as good if not better than the golf pride and they are priced a lot cheaper Im thinking about picking up a set and regripping my full set of woods, irons, and wedges

Golf Pride Multi Compound would get my vote too. I have them on all my clubs bar driver and 3w as they are adjustable so the grips don't look right to me

I brought it in today and naturally the only person at GS that can do it is on vacation until Thursday so I have to wait until hopefully Saturday to get my driver back. I went with the Golf Pride Multi Compound Black w/ White.

17456_im_____0_gsi

I also had them double wrap it. Thanks for all the input.

I brought it in today and naturally the only person at GS that can do it is on vacation until Thursday so I have to wait until hopefully Saturday to get my driver back. I went with the Golf Pride Multi Compound Black w/ White.

17456_im_____0_gsi

I also had them double wrap it. Thanks for all the input.
That's crazy they only have one person that can grip a club. You should give it a shot sometime, it doesn't take much and I feel like I know my clubs better after doing it myself.

I also love how you went with the white, I love white grips.

That's crazy they only have one person that can grip a club. You should give it a shot sometime, it doesn't take much and I feel like I know my clubs better after doing it myself.

I am also getting it shortened which is why I had to bring it there. I could have gone to GG but it is about 25 minutes away and I really don't like the people there. I figured the white would look good with the white of the head of the Burner 2.0 Superfast Driver.

If you are cutting down the shaft you may want to consider the lite grip from Wynn to keep the swing weight up.

I have these grips on all of my clubs and love them

Seconded. Just regripped all of mine with the GP New Decade Multi-compounds. Vast improvement over the stock ones I had.

How in the world can only 1 person regrip? I did my whole bag for the first time a couple weeks ago and its not difficult at all.

Back