Getting Sox Tickets

soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
Ok, so a few Saturdays a year I spend an entire day trying to get Sox tickets. I stare at a screen of 60 or so virtual waiting rooms for hours hoping that every game isn't sold out once I eventually get in. It is frustrating to do this every year, but of course worth it when I am sitting in Fenway. Price to pay for a popular team.

I've heard finally, that Fenway will be selling single seat tickets this year since usually its normally sold out. They're my fav. team, would :love: to go see them, but tickets are expensive!!

Ok, so a few Saturdays a year I spend an entire day trying to get Sox tickets. I stare at a screen of 60 or so virtual waiting rooms for hours hoping that every game isn't sold out once I eventually get in. It is frustrating to do this every year, but of course worth it when I am sitting in Fenway. Price to pay for a popular team.

I think I will be heading out there for the Dodgers series this year. Ill need some advice on where to sit when it gets closer.

We don't have that problem getting Royals tickets. :banghead:
Might not have that problem getting Chiefs tickets next year either!

I used to do the same for the cubs tickets every year, but I find it better to buy scalped tickets for the games you really want to go to, good pitchers matchup, and where you know the weather will be good. All of those conditions demand that you buy the tickets at most a few days in advance.

The virtual waiting room is just not worth it to me. We always ended up with games in our 2nd/3rd list of games and the seats were usually less than ideal.

I live just outside of Boston and I feel your pain. Also, hasn't the weather been grand?

This year wasn't the worst I have seen, but not the best either. It was harder at the early release games before Christmas. I guess everyone was going for gifts this year.

I think I will be heading out there for the Dodgers series this year. Ill need some advice on where to sit when it gets closer.

Sure, let me know when you are trying to get tickets. Are you going to get them from a ticket agent online or scalp? Either way they will be expensive, but worth it. Especially if you haven't been to Fenway before.

We don't have that problem getting Royals tickets. :banghead:
Might not have that problem getting Chiefs tickets next year either!

Yeah, I can't complain too much because the reason they are in high demand is because the Sox are competing every year. I would rather have the fight for tickets versus watching bad games.

I used to do the same for the cubs tickets every year, but I find it better to buy scalped tickets for the games you really want to go to, good pitchers matchup, and where you know the weather will be good. All of those conditions demand that you buy the tickets at most a few days in advance.

The virtual waiting room is just not worth it to me. We always ended up with games in our 2nd/3rd list of games and the seats were usually less than ideal.

Scalping is a fortune here. You can wait until the 2nd or 3rd inning and then you might be able to find something that won't break the bank, but you have also missed a third of the game. Plus, that is always a gamble, there might not be any left at that point. I would assume that it would be similar at Wrigley? I was there this past fall (went to Chicago for the Solheim Cup) and was disappointed in Wrigley. I am not sure what I expected, but...I am not sure, I just thought it would be more. I am sure people feel that way about Fenway too.

Sure, let me know when you are trying to get tickets. Are you going to get them from a ticket agent online or scalp? Either way they will be expensive, but worth it. Especially if you haven't been to Fenway before.

I think we will go with Stub hub or AMEX but im not sure yet. I just dont want to get stuck behind a pole, Ive heard Fenway has a lot of obstructed views.
Thats a crazy process the smaller ballparks fans have to go through to get tickets. I think we average 45 thousand a night, but the stadium hold 56 thousand so you can usually get tickets pretty easily. Unless its a bobble head night of course.

I think we will go with Stub hub or AMEX but im not sure yet. I just dont want to get stuck behind a pole, Ive heard Fenway has a lot of obstructed views.
Thats a crazy process the smaller ballparks fans have to go through to get tickets. I think we average 45 thousand a night, but the stadium hold 56 thousand so you can usually get tickets pretty easily. Unless its a bobble head night of course.

There are obstructed views, but the tickets will say it on them. Even on stub hub they will say it. Watch for tickets that say walkway traffic as well.

Fenway has added more seating in recent years with additions like the Monster and Roof Seats. The capacity though is still the lowest in the major leagues at only 37,400.

There are obstructed views, but the tickets will say it on them. Even on stub hub they will say it. Watch for tickets that say walkway traffic as well.

Fenway has added more seating in recent years with additions like the Monster and Roof Seats. The capacity though is still the lowest in the major leagues at only 37,400.
Thanks Soxy, I heard they were already hyping it up as the return of Manny. Im sure that will drive up the price too.

I forgot that you were looking for the Dodgers games. Every year, because of the crazy, crazy demand, you have to enter into a lottery to even have the chance to get Yankees tickets. If you are picked in the lottery you are then allowed to spend the day trying to get tickets. This year, they are actually doing that same thing with the Dodgers tickets. So actually, if you are pretty sure you are going to be able to go, head over to The Official Site of The Boston Red Sox | redsox.com: Homepage and register for the lottery drawing. It will give you a pretty good chance of getting face value tickets, they love to give the "random" drawing to out of towners. If you get tickets and end up not being able to go you won't have any difficulty selling them. I can't even fathom what the price of those tickets will be on stubhub. Good Luck!

Back