I used to love KZG gear.

I owned 2 sets of the forged blades, one with DGS300 and the other Flighted Rifle 6.0.

Their Maraging Power FW was my first buy, though. I also owned a Gemini driver with one of the old Harmon shafts.

Only the Gemini didn't work for me, hit moon balls due to too much spin. I gave it to my buddy who was notorious for low screaming drives and he crushed it with a nice medium ballflight.

I liked the Orlimar Trimetal and I'd read (no idea if true) that KZG owned the patent on the Maraging Face that Orlimar used. That's what intrigued me and steered me in their direction.

Great writeup, @Jman. I'm somewhat familiar with the brand, as a couple friends used to play KZG clubs. The pro at our course a number of years ago (before my time there) was a fitter for them and he outfitted some of the members. I wasn't aware they made the Orlimar Trimetals, that was a new one on me. Those Tri-Tour irons pictured in the article are nice looking clubs IMO!

I can see where the appeal is limited due to the fitting requirements and a lot of people not having fitters near them, but as @Scorpion12 said, they seem to realize their niche and are comfortable there. Nothing wrong with that as long as it works for them, the approach isn't any different than several other companies (Miura, PXG, etc.).

Great writeup, @Jman. I'm somewhat familiar with the brand, as a couple friends used to play KZG clubs. The pro at our course a number of years ago (before my time there) was a fitter for them and he outfitted some of the members. I wasn't aware they made the Orlimar Trimetals, that was a new one on me. Those Tri-Tour irons pictured in the article are nice looking clubs IMO!

I can see where the appeal is limited due to the fitting requirements and a lot of people not having fitters near them, but as @Scorpion12 said, they seem to realize their niche and are comfortable there. Nothing wrong with that as long as it works for them, the approach isn't any different than several other companies (Miura, PXG, etc.).
But with PXG they list one price as MSRP and sell at a discount... I believe what I've read here is that no one pays MSRP for PXG. There's always some sort of a discount.:)

I used to love KZG gear.

I owned 2 sets of the forged blades, one with DGS300 and the other Flighted Rifle 6.0.

Their Maraging Power FW was my first buy, though. I also owned a Gemini driver with one of the old Harmon shafts.

Only the Gemini didn't work for me, hit moon balls due to too much spin. I gave it to my buddy who was notorious for low screaming drives and he crushed it with a nice medium ballflight.

I liked the Orlimar Trimetal and I'd read (no idea if true) that KZG owned the patent on the Maraging Face that Orlimar used. That's what intrigued me and steered me in their direction.
KZG actually produced the Tri-Metal fairways for airliner. Pretty wild, eh?

But with PXG they list one price as MSRP and sell at a discount... I believe what I've read here is that no one pays MSRP for PXG. There's always some sort of a discount.:)
Not always.

Thanks Snowman. Appreciate you reading.

There’s a review of the irons on the homepage as well if interested, I had a lot of fun working with them.

Good interview. Loved using their wedges. I don’t dispute the idea that 90% of golfers use ill-fitting equipment. I would think that the percentage of more serious golfers who would consider KZG would be less.

Have been playing KZG evolution irons for 12 years now still get comments on how good they look and have yet to find an equal for feel, would love to buy new ones but hard to find dealers to order and assemble to my specs.

Back