Review GForce Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New review on the home page that is rather interesting for those that are looking for help with their putting.

Hmm... interesting idea but I don’t think this one is for me. I’d be concerned about the short putts as well.
Perfect length though!

Looks like an interesting concept, almost like an orange whip with a putter head?
I haven't looked at the other reviews, so may just go check them out as well

How does it feel compared to a normal putter? I would have to try one, but how does the balance and weight compare? My question would be practicing with this if it has a completely different feel to my putter and whether or not that could throw off my tempo etc?

Good write up @ddec! With these types of devices that force the swing into certain positions I always worry that a golfer will do this by getting mechanical and making everything stay aligned instead of actually learning a correct motion. Do you think this device helps avoid that or is it possible to make this work without learning a correct stroke?

@Dean does it come in other lengths? If not, why is it so short?

Great article Dave! Very interesting.

Looks like an interesting concept, almost like an orange whip with a putter head?
I haven't looked at the other reviews, so may just go check them out as well

How does it feel compared to a normal putter? I would have to try one, but how does the balance and weight compare? My question would be practicing with this if it has a completely different feel to my putter and whether or not that could throw off my tempo etc?

overall weight IIRC was around 530grams, which I would bet if I compared to my gamer is slightly heavier. I can weigh side by side tonight if you want. Balance wise, you really feel the head more, so it gets you the feeling of getting the putter head moving(if that makes sense). Feel wise off the putter though is where I think this does things well, as it feels like a normal milled putter.

Good write up @ddec! With these types of devices that force the swing into certain positions I always worry that a golfer will do this by getting mechanical and making everything stay aligned instead of actually learning a correct motion. Do you think this device helps avoid that or is it possible to make this work without learning a correct stroke?

I think this one can be used in multiple ways. The channel they use to promote an arc is a good thing. No matter how many people tell you there is a SBST stroke, there isn't. There is always a slight arc. Do I think one needs to focus on that for this to be useful? Nah. I think you can use it strictly as a tempo builder or a way to develop a little more feel, or get the jab stroke out of your system.

@Dean does it come in other lengths? If not, why is it so short?

Right now only 33. My guess is they want to get people to feel like their arms are properly hanging down(sounds funny) at address. Really get that feel of those shoulders beings a bit more involved. At least that's the feeling I get from it. Since it's a new product from them, I wouldn't be shocked to see them expand if they start flying off the shelves.

I should mention, while I didn't receive it, when you purchase from gforce it does come with a putting gate as well to help with practice.

yeah I thought that was weird as well. I'd be very slouched over using 33.

That was my thought, for an upright putter this would be uncomfortable. But for me it would be perfect.

yeah I thought that was weird as well. I'd be very slouched over using 33.

Good thing we have a video on how to lengthen a putter :D

Right now only 33. My guess is they want to get people to feel like their arms are properly hanging down(sounds funny) at address. Really get that feel of those shoulders beings a bit more involved. At least that's the feeling I get from it. Since it's a new product from them, I wouldn't be shocked to see them expand if they start flying off the shelves.

I should mention, while I didn't receive it, when you purchase from gforce it does come with a putting gate as well to help with practice.
I love me a good putting gate. Smart move.

Great review and write up. I think I'd have a hard time practicing with something that is not my putter to honest. Much more of a visual and feel thing, but can see how it could help.

It is different, but interesting. I guess with so many putting aids on the market, I never though about a head shaft combo as one of them.

Great review and write up. I think I'd have a hard time practicing with something that is not my putter to honest. Much more of a visual and feel thing, but can see how it could help.

what you speak of is a reason I am a fan of Blast Motion. Because I can just add that sensor to whichever putter I am gaming at the time.

Hey guys Stuart here sorry to get here late with replies, it's on my weekly radar now to reply to comments. Made an error when measuring the putter for length like a fool I did it like measuring an iron length which would make it 33" but it is actually 34" 😆 I have a longer one coming out soon 35"

Back