GForce Swing Trainer Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Enjoyed both the lead up and review. It’s an interesting product- not sure how well it does in the marketplace, but I think struggling with tempo is a huge problem for amateurs. I know I struggle to replicate a smoothish swing on the course.

Always good to see it works as intended. The tough part is engraining that feel and sequencing to where it’s natural. I have about 42 years of built up “unsmoothness” and “discoordination”.

Thanks for the review! Good, fun product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed both the lead up and review. It’s an interesting product- not sure how well it does in the marketplace, but I think struggling with tempo is a huge problem for amateurs. I know I struggle to replicate a smoothish swing on the course.

Always good to see it works as intended. The tough part is engraining that feel and sequencing to where it’s natural. I have about 42 years of built up “unsmoothness” and “discoordination”.

Thanks for the review! Good, fun product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You hit the nail on the head with the engraining part because once I get on the course, the old feels always creep back in. So it's still a work in progress.

An interesting product. Initially I thought this kind of reminds me of the old medicus training aid where the shaft hinged when your swing broke down. While its not the same since you can actually hit balls with these I think the goal is the same. Also I'd like to commend you on your use of the word torquey haha

Good write up Dean. Did you find yourself pausing at the top more before starting to turn? Or was it just more like a smooth acceleration like taking a lazy Sunday morning drive?

An interesting product. Initially I thought this kind of reminds me of the old medicus training aid where the shaft hinged when your swing broke down. While its not the same since you can actually hit balls with these I think the goal is the same. Also I'd like to commend you on your use of the word torquey haha

the goal is somewhat the same. When I worked at a golf store we had some of those in the hitting bay. I always thought that club was easy to manipulate because you knew when it was going to break. This one, to me, is hard to really manipulate because of how flexible it is.

Good write up Dean. Did you find yourself pausing at the top more before starting to turn? Or was it just more like a smooth acceleration like taking a lazy Sunday morning drive?

More of a smoother transition for me, which is way opposite than I normally have. It's certainly a unique feeling(for me). Of the two clubs, I really enjoy using the SW because all of those little shots are crazy fun to hit with it. The 7 iron is fun too, but looking like Tin Cup on the range sometimes is not.

Gforce has a new addition to the stable. They already have a Driver, 7 iron, and wedge, and now have a putter. That putter is on its way to casa de ddec and I'm looking forward to testing it out.

• Admin
Gforce has a new addition to the stable. They already have a Driver, 7 iron, and wedge, and now have a putter. That putter is on its way to casa de ddec and I'm looking forward to testing it out.

When you get it in, please start a new thread, because the putter one fascinates me. My feeble mind says it wont work the way I want it to, but for tempo maybe its great.

When you get it in, please start a new thread, because the putter one fascinates me. My feeble mind says it wont work the way I want it to, but for tempo maybe its great.

thats the plan. I am super curious to get it in hand. My tempo was something that Blast Motion really helped me with earlier this year. It will be fun to see what can come of this one.

Picked up the 7-iron to hit on the Skytrak this winter based on this thread and some YouTube reviews. Took about a 100 swings to figure it out but really appreciating the effect it has on my tempo. Been alternating good shots with the GForce and my current 7 iron. Seems to help translate the feel.

Also saw a good tip on one of the reviews where the instructor talked about a patient transition and trying to feel the club head catching up to the hands at impact. That feel is working pretty good for all my short to mid irons. Still struggling to translate it to my longer clubs....

Picked up the 7-iron to hit on the Skytrak this winter based on this thread and some YouTube reviews. Took about a 100 swings to figure it out but really appreciating the effect it has on my tempo. Been alternating good shots with the GForce and my current 7 iron. Seems to help translate the feel.

Also saw a good tip on one of the reviews where the instructor talked about a patient transition and trying to feel the club head catching up to the hands at impact. That feel is working pretty good for all my short to mid irons. Still struggling to translate it to my longer clubs....

Awesome man. Its kind of fun and frustrating at times isn't it? I felt like after a bit I could really feel that soft transition, which is far from my normal swing.

Back