HOW TO GIF Posting Directly on the Forum

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m sure most have seen this already, but wanted to start a thread for those that might have missed it. Adding GIFs has never been easier assuming you are using either a computer or your mobile browser. Done in about 3 clicks and it automatically embeds.

Step 1: Click the GIPHY Button

57224988-F8D5-4167-B8E8-9410E602AF37.jpeg

Step 2: Search for whatever you want.

EF4945A6-14DD-4CC0-A261-672B50D2F111.png

Step 3: Just click on whichever GIF you want from your own search and voila, its in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new Giphy tool.

Weird, because when I come back to this thread, my GIF still hasn't shown up. The box is there but blank. I can see NullNomad's right above this though

• Admin
Weird, because when I come back to this thread, my GIF still hasn't shown up. The box is there but blank. I can see NullNomad's right above this though
It shows for me

E07F1AC8-1DE6-4709-8C62-52A715920D72.png

That is the one I posted but I don't see it. I even tried refreshing. I will log out and log back in and see what happens.

That is the one I posted but I don't see it. I even tried refreshing. I will log out and log back in and see what happens.

Still a no show for me. I am using Mozilla browser.

I am using Chrome on a Macbook and some of these show for me and some don't for some reason. It's about 60/40.

I am using Chrome on a Macbook and some of these show for me and some don't for some reason. It's about 60/40.
Yeah, I think Chrome could be the issue. On Chrome here and some show others don't. :confused2:

I don't think Chrome is the issue, I even tried the mobile app and i use Safari on that and it didn't show. :(

I don't think Chrome is the issue, I even tried the mobile app and i use Safari on that and it didn't show. :(
Shows for me fine on the THP app on phone.

This new feature is awesome lots of good ones in all the threads now

How come you dont want to use Tapatalk ?

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

How come you dont want to use Tapatalk ?

We have tapatalk built in and people can use it. For years we heard people struggling with the application, and their back end updating and security leave a lot to be desired.

So we offer a new mobile browser experience that is feature rich, fast and more secure and doesn’t lack anything that Tapatalk does. Direct upload of pics, GIF search, moods, smiley bar with brands and all of the other features that GG and our designer built right into the system.

If someone still wants to use Tapatalk, that’s fine. That is why we installed it for them. We just think there are better ways to take in THP for those that want a different experience.

We have tapatalk built in and people can use it. For years we heard people struggling with the application, and their back end updating and security leave a lot to be desired.

So we offer a new mobile browser experience that is feature rich, fast and more secure and doesn’t lack anything that Tapatalk does. Direct upload of pics, GIF search, moods, smiley bar with brands and all of the other features that GG and our designer built right into the system.

If someone still wants to use Tapatalk, that’s fine. That is why we installed it for them. We just think there are better ways to take in THP for those that want a different experience.
That's a great answer, I think I've gotten lazy using Tapatalk with my watch forums and car forums is all right there in one place but I will start using the browser to thp to enjoy the upgraded features

That's a great answer, I think I've gotten lazy using Tapatalk with my watch forums and car forums is all right there in one place but I will start using the browser to thp to enjoy the upgraded features

We want to give people the maximum amount of choices so they can enjoy THP anyway they want. That is important to us. We have the ability to do more with the mobile browser, feature and security wise, so we will. Hope that makes sense.

I’m the same as you, I enjoy Tapatalk because of my watch, Jeep, and saltwater forums.

@JB posted a search for puppies but no puppy gif. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
So I present:
Puppies!!

Gifs have been hit and miss for me on chrome, Mozilla, edge, and my mobile Samsung browser. Internet explorer seems to be fine. I cannot speak to safari as I'm not an apple user.

Love the functionality. Just wish I could see all these gifs

I really like the functionality of it for ease of posting.

Strangely the gifs others post I can see. The ones I post and some others show as black boxes that if you hover you can do other things on giphy...... just not see the actual gif.

I really like the functionality of it for ease of posting.

Strangely the gifs others post I can see. The ones I post and some others show as black boxes that if you hover you can do other things on giphy...... just not see the actual gif.

I started experiencing the same thing in the new Grandaddy contest. The gif I posted doesn't show up in any browser on my laptop but do show up in the browsers when I use my iPhone to view THP. Strange.

Back