Gift guide advise

Jmk202

Reaction score
Handicap
~10
My mother was asking me earlier about what types of golf things I want/need for the holidays. What types of things are on your gift list this year?

Yes, I realize this thread could have been multi purpose if I'd posted before the secret Santa exchange, but oh well.

So far I thinking of things that are a bit luxury that I might not buy myself. I've got asher gloves, theragun, Seamus head cover, or a putting mirror.

What's on your list?

MGI Zip Navigator cart. Hard ponder for me. But with a cost like that, there are a LOT of other golf items I could get.

We have a very cool issue of our digital magazine coming out on the first about this very thing.

I don’t really feel comfortable asking my mom or kids for something golf-related that I want that is too expensive (over $50). If I do, it’s usually golf balls (I’m specific here), a shirt or a couple of nice towels. My in-laws will get me whatever it is they want to get no matter what I ask for so I don’t bother. I just return it and buy golf stuff.

We have a very cool issue of our digital magazine coming out on the first about this very thing.

So I gotta wait a few more days... sorry for jumping ther gun on yall:ROFLMAO:

I don’t really feel comfortable asking my mom or kids for something golf-related that I want that is too expensive (over $50). If I do, it’s usually golf balls (I’m specific here), a shirt or a couple of nice towels. My in-laws will get me whatever it is they want to get no matter what I ask for so I don’t bother. I just return it and buy golf stuff.
Yeah freaking in-laws :ROFLMAO: . My father-in-law always gets me a few golf lessons, it's his not so subtle way of telling me top stop sucking, but its appreciated none the less.

I just default to say clothes. Golf Balls are not too bad either.

Yeah freaking in-laws :ROFLMAO: . My father-in-law always gets me a few golf lessons, it's his not so subtle way of telling me top stop sucking, but its appreciated none the less.
I appreciate whatever it is they give me right up to the time my wife returns it, if needed.

I want a new putter cover for Christmas! I really like the new No Laying Up putter covers

My main golf buddy has given explicit directions to every member of his family. His Christmas gift are ALL to be gift cards from a certain golf shop! The only money he spends on golf for the year, is on greens fees!

Thankfully no one gets me golf-related Christmas gifts. My older daughter will send me an e-gift card for Dunkin Donuts, and my younger daughter will get me a few cigars (which I guess is golf related since the golf course is the only place I smoke cigars).
They know that I mean it when I tell them that I have everything I really need, and they honor that.

Thankfully no one gets me golf-related Christmas gifts. My older daughter will send me an e-gift card for Dunkin Donuts, and my younger daughter will get me a few cigars (which I guess is golf related since the golf course is the only place I smoke cigars).
They know that I mean it when I tell them that I have everything I really need, and they honor that.
yeah that’s great. I laugh when someone asks me what I need. Because we misuse the word “need” so badly sometimes. But love the idea smoking a cigar on the course can remind you of you youngest while on the links. That makes it a bit more special than one you bought for yourself.

I generally ask for balls or golf clothes. I won’t ask for anything too expensive and if they push for something else will generally point people to a gift card that I can add up to get a club or something bigger.

I added two things to my list recently!
1) Arccos Link -- I love the Arccos system, and I'd love to be able to play music again so a Link would free that up.
2) Phone clip for alignment stick -- Some Thp'ers recommended the (Clip) so that you can video your swing while working by yourself on the range.

Back