Give Up Your Highest Lofted Wedge?

Yes I could, and yes I could

Could I do it? Sure, I would be losing my 60* wedge that I just added to the bag early 2019 and would go back to having the 56* as the highest lofted in the bag.

Would I alter the lofts of other wedges? Nope. I would go back to opening the face on the 56* when needed.

I'd be lost! In fact, I just played a 5-club tournament this past weekend and my 53-degree wedge was all I had. It's very versatile, but I had at least 3 situations that demanded my 58-degree.

Been thinking about doing this already. My 60* is under used and I can do a lot of things with my 54* PM grind its magical

Due to not wanting to buy a wedge before I headed out to the Grandaddy, I played with a 54 degree wedge as my highest lofted wedge for most of last season. If anything, my wedge game got a bit more consistent. I'd go back to that setup in a heartbeat, though I'd probably go 52-56 instead of stopping at 58.

I could do it. I might change from 54 to 56, but I could do it.

I'm pretty set in my ways(Taurus) when it comes to my bag setup.

I couldn't give up my 58*. Obviously use it out of greenside bunkers, chip with it, pitch shots with it, full shots with it as much as like 80 yards. Even the occasional, and probably rare, flop shots.

Na man. Hell na. I will donate hybrids or woods before i lose my 60*. I'll use that from 105y and in and easily is my most accurate club. You could remove any other said iron from my bag and I'd make do just fine clubbing up or down to gap it, but sit me 82y to a tucked pin, or short-sided next to a Reese green, and I'll confidently take dead aim with my 60 without thinking twice.

I've already done this by dropping the 60* long ago to accommodate the top end

This game used to be very simple.With the assortment of equipments, surely getting more complicated.

I have 50. 54 and 58 in my bag right now. I would rather remove the 54 and swap the 50 for a 52.

1- Could you do it? Yes.
2- Would you alter the lofts on other wedges to accommodate? Yes. Maybe 52/56 instead of 50/54/60.

I have actually considered something like this to get an extra club at the top of the bag.

My highest lofted wedge is my 56* so I wouldn't give it up. I do have both a 49* and a 52* though, so I would be willing to drop one of those.

Could I do it? Sure, I'd learn to adapt. But I'd also drop my 54 and go with a 56 to accommodate.

Would I ever do this? No. I love my 58*.

This game used to be very simple.With the assortment of equipments, surely getting more complicated.
Honestly only if you let it. Get your gaps, understand your needs, and then there are options to fit exactly what you want.

Don't care about it? Then perfect, just grab some clubs that work and play away. I'd say for the vast vast majority of golfers, they wouldn't really care what they play and just kinda go play golf. We're in a very small percentage of golfers that let it effect us more than it should haha.

1 - Yes, because I actually hardly ever use it (60)
2 - Not right now at least, because of the above and the fact I do "ok" with the wedges I have.

If I improved enough where I found I was missing some distance / control I would revisit the thought.

Not a change I am losing my 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be dropping my 58. I used to game a 60 and loved that. I guess if I had to, I'd drop my 54 and move up to a 56 but I think a part me thinks I'd maybe learn to adapt to just using a 54? Maybe it'd force me to get a hideous 56 PM grind. ?

Back