Giving the Wellputt Mat a try

e1iterate

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking forward to your thoughts e1iterate.

I’ll post some pics of set up and everything once it comes in. Obviously will have plenty of thoughts as I start to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll post some pics of set up and everything once it comes in. Obviously will have plenty of thoughts as I start to use it.

Love it. Can't wait.

I purchased one and really like it. It allows you to putt from both directions, working on touch and speed. It's the first putting mat I've had that lays flat. The ends needed a bit of weight, but were fine the next morning. I've read where some think the speed is too fast, but I don't see it at all. The booklet outlines a number of skill drills which are fun and keep things interesting.

Grins has one I am sure he will chime in. When he sees the thread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

First I have heard of this brand. Looking forward to your review of it Mike.

I want to try one, after reviewing the Puttout mat, this is the other one that gets buzz out there. Looks busy, but useful.

I saw this one watching Belen Mozo IG one day. With puttout mat so hard to come by I've been debating on this one

I received one for Christmas from my brother. I really like it. I have improved on putts from three to six feet. What I have worked on is pace and how far back to bring the club back.
Phil Mickelson likes to hit 100 three foot putts in a row before he moves to four feet when he is practicing. I have been doing this as well. So far I have hit 100 putts several times and once at four feet.
As I putt longer my percentages drop considerably the longer the putts. Hoping that the Oddessy Experience will help with that. I have a tendency to pull my putts slightly to the left.

The speed is rated at a 11 on the stimp meter. It maybe slightly less than that but runs pretty true. When I work on pace I can leave 5 balls in the same spot behind the hole.

As the picture shows, you can putt from three stations. The left one you try to leave your ball just past the hole in the first black zone to mimic a perfect speed for a down hill putt. The middle station is for a straight flat putt. Putting to the second yellow zone. The right station mimics an uphill putt. Trying to leave your putt past the hole into the third black space for the perfect speed.

While it doesn't give you any curvature putts, depending on your floors of course. I think it does the job it's supposed to do. In that it makes you concentrate on pace and alignment. Which I think it has for me.

When I got to Arkansas last week, it had rained over 16" the week before. The greens were painfully slow. And I was leaving most putts 2 to 3 ft short. But as the greens dried out I was able to roll the putter real consistently. Burned alot of putts right on the edge of the hole if not in. Overall I think it has helped with my putting. I also Incorporated the Perfect Puttout aid for the 3&4 ft putts. As I only need one ball to do my practice balls.
580487a4b2be3521747d1df3ef338ff0.jpg
6dc7609eb76e5905fbf28ea1a4f2e426.jpg
e77f940175d58a6a4f2478b1a9ef4621.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wellputt mat arrived today and here she is:

5da100429803163cb3307ce745366160.jpeg

Initial thoughts around the speed of how the ball rolls is fantastic. I hate putting on slow greens and this thing delivers. One big worry I had was getting a mat and practicing and getting used to something that rolls slow and having to always adjust at the course. From what I can see so far I’ll have plenty of confidence to take what I’m working on to the course without worrying about speed control.

There is also a lot going on with this mat but I haven’t gone through the instructions and such yet to see what everything means but I’m super pumped to work on some putting now.

Once I’ve gone through everything and have time to play around and practice I’ll post some more thoughts but overall I love what I see so far.

I can definitely see where this would help out. Looking forward to hearing how it helps you Mike.

@Golfever @e1iterate -- does it sit flat/flush to the ground?

Yes it does. I have mine on a burber carpet in Minn. And hardwood floor in Arkansas. And it works equally well on both surfaces.

The end where it was rolled up sits up a little bit right now but it will flatten out now that it’s laid out.

Yes it does. I have mine on a burber carpet in Minn. And hardwood floor in Arkansas. And it works equally well on both surfaces.

The end where it was rolled up sits up a little bit right now but it will flatten out now that it’s laid out.

Thanks for the responses, fellas. I think I will eventually get this one or the PuttOut mat, just not sure which yet.

Looks really cool. I like the angled “off center” putting areas.

Does it roll up? Does it lay flat? Creases?

Last edited:
Looks great. I might have to add this with the Puttout mat in my office :)

Looks really cool. I like the angled “off center” putting areas.

Does it roll up? Does it lay flat? Creases?

Rolls up. Lays flat. Picture of me is the mat right out of the box.

I think this Mat and theputtingstick would work well together.

http://www.theputtingstick.com/Default.asp

Helps keep ball on intended line - what happens is you hit ball, ball starts on above ground ruler and then tales off to left or right if setup or face angle are not up to par. I've changed my stroke because of it.

May need its own thread if it doesn't have one.

But I can see these working together.

Hey guys is anyone still using this?
Really want to get a putting matt in the garage and the size of this is quite good.
Like the idea of being about to practice 10 footers etc.
Any further thoughts would be great.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Back