When I first started playing everyone was playing with a glove so I did too. I just continued and some 50+ years later I still wear one. Just habit no other reason.

Welcome to THP!

I'm 100% glove. I actually have 2 that I kind of swap between for when it's really warm out because they get sweaty.

I've tried it and tore up my hands. Find that I sweat too much to be confident doing it. I sometimes glove both hands because the sweat starts getting to me.

:welcome:

I will swing a little in the yard from time to time without a glove on but my hands can't handle but so much without one.

Hey, if Mr Couples does it 🤷🏻‍♂️😃.

My 2 Cents worth... your hands are your only physical link to the golf club and grip is very important... why not take advantage of a glove 😊.

This said, I’ve played with 1, none and 2 in the past 🤣. Currently a very traditional 1 glove wearer 😊.

Welcome to THP.

I use Winn Dri-Tac grips, and played several seasons without a glove. I got tired of them getting all sweaty/crusty and wearing out, constantly having to buy new gloves. I wanted a glove at least for range sessions, and came across the Caddy Daddy Claw - great glove that breathes really well, grips great, and I get 50-60 rounds minimum out of a glove, so now I'm back to using a glove when I play.

I prefer to not use a glove but sometimes the humidity here in GA requires I wear one.

I really prefer gloveless for on the course.

At the range though? I will throw one on just to protect by delicate tender hands.

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like the humidity is the general answer. I do live in the Southwest, so it's dry here! Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone !!!

I think gloves are over rated, i haven't used one in close to 40 years.

I absolutely hate playing with a glove on. I'd never do it if it weren't for one thing.

The back of my "glove hand" is the one place I can not keep sunscreen without it transferring eventually to my grips. I can cover up or sunscreen the trailing hand but that lead hand is either left to burn in the sun or it needs a glove on.

So during the period from roughly April through November when the UV is most intense I wear a glove whether I like it or not. But the back of that hand still looks leathery and sun damaged.

I need the glove. It would take a dedicated effort playing without it for me not to notice and think it odd.

I started playing in the '70's in Orlando. With the humidity, gloves were only useful for a few holes before they would be saturated. I couldn't afford multiple gloves, and even if I could, it was hard to get a sweaty glove to dry and stay supple so I could use it again. So I quit using a glove then and have played for 43 years without one. I live in Houston so humidity is off the charts - so I do need cords.

I use one, but it is mostly mental because we generally think this is how you play the game - but we also know gloves were needed way back when grips were far harsher than we can use today. I'm quite sure you don't really need one - unless it's raining or really cold? And if you stopped using gloves you will save money and rid yourself of that tell-tale sign of being a golf nut - the white hand and the tanned hand.

Ben Hogan didn't need a glove and neither do I. Unfortunately I am a mere mortal and don't have his game. I haven't worn a glove in decades other than rain gloves or winter gloves. I have used Winn dri tacs and am now using Super Stroke cross comforts.

Welcome to THP, haven't used a glove in years.

i try to make a habit of taking the glove off right after long shots, and keeping it off on short game outside sand.
For long game, i feel like the glove helps. But it gets stuffy if i keep it on throughout.

I wear a glove, I like the security of knowing the club isn't going to fly out of my hands. I live in the Northeast and when it is cold out, early spring and late fall, I'll wear two. Mostly to keep my hands warm.

I prefer no glove and sometimes am too stubborn about it. I played in very high humidity today and struggled with sweaty hands for around 4 holes. Finally put a glove on and hit the ball much better.

Back