Gloves during your play

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Do you take your glove off when you putt? Do you use the same glove throughout the entire time you're playing or do you interchange them?

Thanks for the info JB :)

I don't use my glove when I putt or when I'm chipping around the green. I like the feel with my hands rather than the feel with a glove. but it's personal preference.

Glove goes on when I start, comes off when I finish...

I don't use a glove for putting or chipping. Most of the time I will swap gloves on the turn.

I don't use a glove except when practicing on the range.

I don't use my glove when I putt or when I'm chipping around the green. I like the feel with my hands rather than the feel with a glove. but it's personal preference.

Same for me. And I use the same glove for the round.

I try to remove my glove when I putt but sometimes I don't remember to and sometimes I just don't.

That and it gives my glove a chance to air out between holes. :smile:

Re:Gloves during your play

I usually only use my glove for drives. I need a little extra grip to let the big dog eat.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I take my glove off in between shots and rotate 3 gloves through the round. I don't use it to chip and putt, only on full shots. I will use the same 3 gloves for a year and will usually get the new ones in May or June.

I will take mine off to chip and putt, and change it out at the turn if its hot out and it has gotten sweaty.

Do you take your glove off when you putt? Do you use the same glove throughout the entire time you're playing or do you interchange them?

I don't wear a glove any time. :confused2:

As I mentioned in a previous post, I wear two gloves most of the time. I wear them in all facets of my game. If I don't the, the sunny conditions I play most of my rounds in eats up the skin on the tops of my hands. I am a little thin skinned in those two areas. I also use Mizuno batting gloves since I can buy them by the pair, are less expensive than designated golf gloves, and they last longer. :D

I never putt with my glove on. I mostly chip with my glove on, but I sometimes don't. Also, I have 2 gloves, One is for the range and is a backup to the second one, and the other glove is for the course. I don't like wasting my money on gloves...:banghead:

I putt with my glove on for the same reason that one of the old timers (Nicklaus or Snead I think)- I don't want to take my glove off and put it back on 18 times a round. I don't notice a feel difference.

Only take it off when I putt, or while I'm walking up to my next shot and it's really hot and sweaty and I need it to dry out and my hand to cool off.

Never ware a glove when pitching or putting,i will generally use 2-3 per round.

I take mine off for pitching n putting. Only use one glove during the round as well

I use a glove for everything but putting. I often take off the glove between shots, but I really don't have any particular reason for doing so.

And, of course, during late season (38 degrees or less), I typically wear two winter gloves and hardly take them off.

Mine goes on at the start of the round and doesn't come off till I'm finished.

I always take my glove off when Im putting. I find it gives me more feel during putting.
I use the same glove for the entire round, unless its really hot and humid out. Theres nothing worse than a wet glove.

Back