GMC Hummer EV with 1,000 HP and 3 seconds 0-60

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How will this latest electric truck sell?? Reservations are full for the intro model at about $115k!

Pretty cool... not sure I would call it a truck. Kinda like the Jeep Gladiator.... maybe an APV? All Purpose Vehicle instead of SUV...

I think its cool they built a supertruck. Not the biggest fan of the styling. My biggest issue, however, is with the price. Why make an electric truck that only the very well off can afford? It just doesn't make sense, but I guess all the pre-orders are spoken for, so there is that.

I would love to get an electric truck that is as capable and utilitarian as my V8 Sierra. I just cant justify the prices I am seeing. I would love to reduce my emissions, but I'd be putting my finances at risk.

I'm not saying current ICE trucks are cheap, but it you want a top of the line electric its twice the price of a top of the line ICE model, usually more. Crazy.

It looks like an Avalanche and a Hummer H2 had a baby.

1,000 HP. Immediately.:eek:

I like the rear wheel steering.
I don't like the price.

What's the range?
How long does it take to charge off of an extension cord?
I wonder if my work would let me run an extension cord across the parking lot:unsure:

I think its cool they built a supertruck. Not the biggest fan of the styling. My biggest issue, however, is with the price. Why make an electric truck that only the very well off can afford? It just doesn't make sense, but I guess all the pre-orders are spoken for, so there is that.

I would love to get an electric truck that is as capable and utilitarian as my V8 Sierra. I just cant justify the prices I am seeing. I would love to reduce my emissions, but I'd be putting my finances at risk.

I'm not saying current ICE trucks are cheap, but it you want a top of the line electric its twice the price of a top of the line ICE model, usually more. Crazy.

I think the price tag is sticker shock for sure. But, consider it against any of the other BEV out there today. You want a Tesla, you're paying that much. Even the Model3 comes in around 50-60k. If it was a different brand (non-GM) would you think differently about the price? Also, truck prices are getting that high. You want to step up to a 2500 Denali or 3500 Denali and you're looking right around there (90k-110k).

It looks like an Avalanche and a Hummer H2 had a baby.

1,000 HP. Immediately.:eek:

I like the rear wheel steering.
I don't like the price.

What's the range?
How long does it take to charge off of an extension cord?
I wonder if my work would let me run an extension cord across the parking lot:unsure:

350 miles is the range. I know they said it'd get you 100 miles in 8 minutes or something like that, if you're on the highest charging capable.

FWIW I dislike the styling of this thing. I think the capabilities are awesome, but I've never liked how the Hummer looks. Definitely has some cool features and I think it's a big step forward for GM. I'm curious how big these things are going to be on the road.

I think the price tag is sticker shock for sure. But, consider it against any of the other BEV out there today. You want a Tesla, you're paying that much. Even the Model3 comes in around 50-60k. If it was a different brand (non-GM) would you think differently about the price? Also, truck prices are getting that high. You want to step up to a 2500 Denali or 3500 Denali and you're looking right around there

Yes, I'm talking about the Hummer, plus the other's like Rivian, Nikola, etc. Not just because its GM. I understand you can get that high in price for the 2500 and 3500, but I'm talking crew cab Denali that can be had for $50-60k. I see the Hummer more in line with those, i.e. crew cabs, non Diesel, non dually. I'm comparing those, because I think both will be made up of the same buyer, who drive the truck for non work purposes. They are arent hauling a trailer every day. That's why I compare the EV trucks coming out to a 1500 crew cab, and say the EV costs twice as much.

Its a really cool rich mans toy.. That is about it. What are we going to do with all these batteries in the future??

Speaking of Hummer and hybrid type cars.. Here is a very interesting article...

Its funny that the Hummer (evil gas guzzler) over the life span has half the impact of the Prius ( socially woke world saver).

).

That's a lot of weight to be at 60 in 3....heads gonna roll....

Beast!!!

I like it. It can also crab to avoid obstacles. I was not an EV fan until I got my Model 3. I just returned from another 2,800 mile trip, this time to Austin to see my new granddaughter. So cute. I wonder about other than the Tesla Supercharger network. Those are plentiful and took years to populate and can only be used by Tesla cars.

I wonder what the range will be towing a boat or a trailer. its definitely a look in to the future but we will need a big improvement in battery technology for electric vehicles to replace our combustion engines. Lots of cool features that will find their way into moderately priced cars eventually.

I thinks it looks awesome but the $112k+ price tag is too far out there. I would rather buy a new 'Vette, a small SUV and still have change left in my pocket for some new clubs and guitars. :p:ROFLMAO:

Looks cool, quick off the line etc... 0 chance for the $112k.

I can’t help but wonder if these would have more overall appeal if they got rid of some of the gratuitous features (do we really need / use rear wheel steering?) and brought the price down

Hopefully this is the precursor to the Sierra and Yukon that will be more economical.

On a plus the removable roof panels is 🔥🔥🔥

I damn near killed myself with a 150hp car.

Even if I could afford this I’d be dead.

I can’t help but wonder if these would have more overall appeal if they got rid of some of the gratuitous features (do we really need / use rear wheel steering?) and brought the price down
After having driven big pick ups for the last 17 years, having rear wheel steering would be very useful in tight spaces like parking lots. I’m sure that as new models are introduced, just like on current truck models, different option packages will be available and there will be less expensive versions with fewer options and standard features.

Yes, I'm talking about the Hummer, plus the other's like Rivian, Nikola, etc. Not just because its GM. I understand you can get that high in price for the 2500 and 3500, but I'm talking crew cab Denali that can be had for $50-60k. I see the Hummer more in line with those, i.e. crew cabs, non Diesel, non dually. I'm comparing those, because I think both will be made up of the same buyer, who drive the truck for non work purposes. They are arent hauling a trailer every day. That's why I compare the EV trucks coming out to a 1500 crew cab, and say the EV costs twice as much.
Totally fair point. I think that we are still in the early adopter phase of BEV, and until the manufacturing process becomes more streamlined, and easier to obtain the battery technology, we are going to continue to see these high prices. It's the first of it's kind (all the BEV trucks) so there's going to be that barrier to entry. I agree that this is going to be more of a status symbol as opposed to a tool for almost all the people that purchase one. It's an interesting time, but I think the more that these sell, the cheaper the future product will be.

Totally fair point. I think that we are still in the early adopter phase of BEV, and until the manufacturing process becomes more streamlined and easier to obtain the battery technology, we are going to continue to see these high prices. It's the first of its kind (all the BEV trucks) so there's going to be that barrier to entry. I agree that this is going to be more of a status symbol as opposed to a tool for almost all the people that purchase one. It's an interesting time, but I think the more that these sell, the cheaper the future product will be.

Agreed. We haven't even seen any EV trucks hit the market yet and GM will have a $80k version of this in 2022. Bottom line is EV's are changing the car market but it's still very early in their adoption. Tesla will sell about 500,000 vehicles this year and that is forecasted to double by 2022. Tesla also is trying to get a sub $30k model out late next year but they constantly overpromise and miss their target timelines.

IMO the big advantage of an EV is reduced manintainence and operating costs - about 50% less than an ICE vehicle. The base price of a Tesla Model S was $90k 5 years ago and now it is $69k. A Model 3 can be had for about $50k. Any new Audi, BMW, or Mercedes in that size/class is more expensive to own and Tesla is crushing it with their Model 3 and Model Y in that $45-$70k premium car/suv market. It will be fun to see what happens in 2022 if we have a couple dozen of EV vehicles from several companies available a prices are priced equivalently with big sellers such a Honda Accords and F150's. Battery prices need to drop another 50% for that to happen.

Super cool. Not the price point I would buy.

Agreed. We haven't even seen any EV trucks hit the market yet and GM will have a $80k version of this in 2022. Bottom line is EV's are changing the car market but it's still very early in their adoption. Tesla will sell about 500,000 vehicles this year and that is forecasted to double by 2022. Tesla also is trying to get a sub $30k model out late next year but they constantly overpromise and miss their target timelines.

IMO the big advantage of an EV is reduced manintainence and operating costs - about 50% less than an ICE vehicle. The base price of a Tesla Model S was $90k 5 years ago and now it is $69k. A Model 3 can be had for about $50k. Any new Audi, BMW, or Mercedes in that size/class is more expensive to own and Tesla is crushing it with their Model 3 and Model Y in that $45-$70k premium car/suv market. It will be fun to see what happens in 2022 if we have a couple dozen of EV vehicles from several companies available a prices are priced equivalently with big sellers such a Honda Accords and F150's. Battery prices need to drop another 50% for that to happen.

Agreed, the maintenance costs are significantly lower. There's so many less moving parts on an EV that need replaced/changed, which is a very positive aspect of EV ownership.

Looks ok and I’m sure it will sell ok. Dreading the day though when I am finally forced to buy an electric vehicle. Pretty sure that day is coming.

Last edited:
Meh

I think the price tag is sticker shock for sure. But, consider it against any of the other BEV out there today. You want a Tesla, you're paying that much. Even the Model3 comes in around 50-60k. If it was a different brand (non-GM) would you think differently about the price? Also, truck prices are getting that high. You want to step up to a 2500 Denali or 3500 Denali and you're looking right around there (90k-110k).

350 miles is the range. I know they said it'd get you 100 miles in 8 minutes or something like that, if you're on the highest charging capable.

FWIW I dislike the styling of this thing. I think the capabilities are awesome, but I've never liked how the Hummer looks. Definitely has some cool features and I think it's a big step forward for GM. I'm curious how big these things are going to be on the road.

Good step for GM but I’m not interested. It’s way out of my price range. There’s no way an electric truck would pay for itself in the time I’d own it. There aren’t any charging stations along my commute either.

Back