Go to Shaving Cream?

I do the butter shave.

Who knew there were so many other safety razor users on THP! Awesome!!

I've been using homemade soap that my wife makes for the last few years. Lathers up amazingly well and provides incredible glide. Before that, I was switching between Catie's Bubbles and Taylor of Old Bond Street creams. For travel, I have a tube of Irisch Moos.

Aftershave has been D.R. Harris Arlington. Nice floral scent, and very refreshing.

I tried a bunch of razor and blade combos, and settled on a Merkur 24C with Personna Blue blades. And of course, can't forget about the badger hair brush!

The Art of Shaving Olibanum Pepper Shaving Cream...... absolutely amazing

Jack Black Supreme Cream is a great option also

I use 1821 shave glide. My barber turned me on to it they use it in their shop. I have not used regular shaving cream since.
ShaveLotionv2_400x.jpg

Cremo here but I just use a regular disposable razor. Nothing fancy.

No safety razor for me. I use Harry's... and Nivea sensitive skin shaving gel/foam/ whatever it is. Sometimes it's not easy to find at Walmart.

I used to use Gillette razors and shaving foam but stopped when they tried that "toxic masculinity" ad campaign a while back.

I have never used shaving cream. Dont grow a lot of facial hair and I just dry shave with an electric razor a couple of times a week.

Used Colonel Conk for years, trying Lather & Wood sandalwood soap now. I like it, not sure if I like it enough to justify the price hike tho.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I view shaving as a task, not an art. I use an electric razor most of the time, but about once a week I'll actually shave with a blade just to get what the electric misses. I use disposable razors and shave in the shower - while I'm washing my hair, I just slather some shampoo on my face and neck and get it done.

I have never used shaving cream. Dont grow a lot of facial hair and I just dry shave with an electric razor a couple of times a week.
I keep facial hair and do the same. Generally to clean up the sides and trim the mustache part from rubbing on my lip.

I use Edge shaving cream for sensitive skin and Harry's razors. I prefer Gillette razors because they shave closer ,but for the difference in money I go with Harry's.At my age ,my wife or any other woman doesn't get close enough to tell the difference.:(

Barbasol and Gillette Sensor razors. Basics work for me

Finding I thought I was going to be different saying I use Mary Kay men's shaving foam but the choices out there are far more it seems.

Mind = blown

Barbasol, cheap easy to find, works.

I have always used Edge and probably always will. Cheap and readily accessible. Only shave about every 3rd day since I retired 3.5 years ago.

Hot shower water and soap, I haven’t used cream in forever.

I have recently switched to a safety razor though, so much easier to clean out than a four or five blade.

Good stuff
74CACF71-AF01-4497-BEBD-7F6D85F44B73.jpeg

Shave after shower no cream.

Back